[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I never understood breadsticks as a side for pizza. You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Marshall_Applewhite.jpg (32KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall_Applewhite.jpg
32KB, 512x386px
>I never understood breadsticks as a side for pizza.

You know? It's like, the classic side at Pizza Hut was to get their breadsticks, which did have good seasoning on them, but it's more of the same.

It's along the lines of having a chicken sandwich, but with a side of chicken nuggets instead of fries.

Pizza basically is breadsticks already, so what you're adding as a side is just the same thing without the toppings
>>
Agreed op. You are a wise poster.
>>
File: C8dU4WHUMAE_j07.jpg (69KB, 670x915px) Image search: [Google]
C8dU4WHUMAE_j07.jpg
69KB, 670x915px
>>8781681
maybe the idea is that the uneaten crusts get turned into "breadsticks"

then what if you just didnt order a pizza without any crust then you just get breadsticks instead?
>>
>>8781681
My local chain has cheesy garlic bread. Made from the same dough, but super garlicy with lots of cheese.
>>
Traditionally Pizza was eaten as part of a spread of multiple types of food. Bread sticks were supplied so that people could dip them into sauces to sample them before eating. Seeing as how they cost nxt to nothing I assume chain restaurants keep them around so they can have "...with breadsticks" on the menus and now it's just a tradition of its own.

tl;dr you use them to try the sauces
>>
>>8781681
I agree. When I go out for pizza with my friends I always just get cheese bread with a side of sauce. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy until they're paying $20 and I'm paying $5.
>>
>>8781681
Pizza Hut's breadsticks are better than their pizza
>>
>>8781834
>>
>>8781834
>5 people hanging out
>4 people get pizza(s)
>comes to $20
>1 person gets breadsticks
>comes to $5
>I am smart money saver
>>
>>8781903
I feel you, but it's more like $20 for 2.
>>
>>8781681
I assume they originally became a thing out of necessity when the baker had leftover pizza dough from forming pies and needed a way to use it up.
>>
>>8781906
Red baron solved this problem already guys.

Though they just authorized a 25% price increase like the jew rats they are. It's only 50 cents but jesus fuck how about a 5% increase max you fucking rats?
>>
>>8781681
Yeah I like breadsticks (or cheesesticks) but I don't them with pizza because it's just a fucking double dose of starch. I think i twas mostly a convenience thing like others are saying and amerigoys fell for it so hard they started to think it was an actual "classic paring"
>>
>>8781681
>It's along the lines of having a chicken sandwich, but with a side of chicken nuggets instead of fries.

No, it's more like having a chicken sandwich with an extra bun on the side.
>>
When I'm eating different types of pizza I like to eat breadsticks between each to cleanse my pallet
>>
>>8781906
Holy fuck, a large pan pepperoni pizza from pizza butt is like 11 bucks, 1520 calories for 1/2. At 20 bucks a pizza for 2 people how much are your fat fuck friends eating?
>>
>>8781681
>heaven's gate posting
i want this to be a new meme
>>
>>8781906
Eat normal portions you fat fucks. Two large pieces of pepperoni pizza are 700+ calories.
>>
>>8781681
Ordering cheesesticks with pizza is like ordering a side of steak tarttare with your cheeseburger.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.