[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /ck/, you guys got any tips for frozen pizzas? Whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Okay /ck/, you guys got any tips for frozen pizzas? Whenever I cook them by the instructions they always end up soggy within 2 minutes of taking it out of the oven.

pic related: dinner for tonight
>>
you're having sadness for dinner
>>
you're probably buying a shit brand.

red baron and tombstone have always worked out for me.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>8780378
Why would you ever buy a shitty frozen pizza? Do you live on a rural plantation with no pizza joints around?
>>
>>8780378
Take it out of the plastic wrap but leave it on the cardboard. Heat the oven to 450, anything less won't crisp it enough. Cook for 20 minutes and then flip it and cook 10 more mins. Enjoy
>>
>>8780417
Basically, yep! Nearest place is about 15 minutes out and I ain't driving that far
>>8780426
No cardboard with this one. Just shrink wrapped.
>>
>>8780567
You're fucked m8
>>
>>8780378
Get the Screamin' Sicilian Mambo Italiano. Pepperoni and meatballs, they're tasty.

>>8780417
Not OP, but I can get a decent frozen pizza for $10 and twenty minutes of time, or end up spending over $20 and an hour on shitty Pappa Johns. Why would I get delivery?
>>
>>8780641
thanks /ck/
>>
I typically add canned mushrooms and leftover meat/vegetables sitting in the fridge. Add some shredded cheese on top voila. Best w/ costco pizza.
>>
>>8780378
if your pie is going soggy after you take it out of the oven, try putting it on a rack after you cut it, that would stop condensation from sitting right on a flat surface.
if your not getting a crispy crust at all try cooking it on the rack of your oven, if you don't want to do that, a trick I used to use for crispy crust was get aluminum foil and lightly ball it up and then pull it back so it has lots of crinkles. spray it with pam before putting your pie on it
another trick, you might want to defrost it in the microwave a bit before you bake it
good luck anon
>>
>He doesn't eat mama cozi's take and bake from his local Aldi
>>
Are you using a cookie sheet/pan? If you are, stop that, putting it directly on the oven rack makes the crust come out much crispier
>>
YES
First, basically...there is no instant option. Especially Tony's.
Follow their directions and you end up with a burnt crust with a soggy top.
ESPECIALLY THIN CRUST PIZZAS

Set oven 10 degrees lower than recommended on box.
(Seriously) remove all toppings as much as you can and set aside while frozen.
Put cheese back on, this time spread evenly and lightly
Slice peps in half and disperse evenly.
Let thaw for about 10-15 minutes
In the oven and watch...
Crust will ALWAYS be done first
but now the cheese will be melted enough, accordingly.

Money spent--go with Red Barron oven baked (not thin)
Or else spend another two bucks and get a LC hot 'n ready for 5
>>
>>8780378
Heat your slices up in a non stick pan on medium low. It will crisp up the crust nicely. This is also the best way to reheat cold pizza imo.
>>
>>8780378
Sogginess would most likely mean too many toppings, and/or poor circulation, and/or not enough cooking time.

Get a pizza tray with holes in the bottom if possible, don't place too low in the oven, and don't go nuts on toppings.

Saying that, the only pizzas I've ever had soggy are homemade and with too many toppings. Maybe OP has bad pizzas.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.