[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my first attempt at beef bourguignon, with what i had on-hand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 5yhterb.png (1MB, 533x944px) Image search: [Google]
5yhterb.png
1MB, 533x944px
my first attempt at beef bourguignon, with what i had on-hand

roast me
>>
looks alright
>>
>>8769751

DRY
R
Y
>>
>>8769770
thanks!

>>8769777
yeah definitely, i should've added more wine and maybe some stock, it ended up reducing to more of a glaze
>>
>>8769751
Not bad. I'd eat it. Honest critique without typical ck contrarian dickheadedness: Needs more sauce. You shouldn't have used the precut/peeled bag carrots, they are not only repulsive but untraditional. That sounds nit picky but it's not, this is a dish that deserves some tlc. Brown meat in Dutch oven in batches (ez mode lightly dust with flour), mirepoix in, sauté, tomato paste in, deglaze with wine, bay leaf bouquet garni in, meat in; in the oven it goes. Mushrooms and onions should be prepared separately, or in the same pot prior to browning meat and reserved, to be added after the suave is finished. Finish beef, remove. Strain sauce: if you used flour skip this step, add beurre manie, reduce. Add mushrooms, onions and beef, simmer to combine flavors. Adjust seasoning. Serve. If you want to guild the lily slowly poach some garlic cloves in butter until golden (about 1/2 to a whole head depending on the amount of meat) and add them at the finish. Money shot.

All in all a tasty effort though. OC always welcome. We're all here to learn (ostensibly)
>>
>>8769920
bless you my darling cu/ck/, this is just the type of response i was actually hoping for and didn't actually expect to get at all. i'll definitely do everything you said next time.
>>
>>8769925
Taters look damn good as well.
>>
>>8769938
you seem to know a lot, have you worked in a kitchen?
>>
>>8769751
Looks breddy gud, I'd eat it
>>
>>8769945
Nah, just a home cook, this just happens to be one of my favorite meals; I've made it a lot I've many years, happy to chime in if it helps. Forgot to mention the lardon (bacon) fry up crispy, reserve, use the fat to brown your beef. And for the love of Christ never use a slow cooker.
>>
>>8769969
>*over the
Autism fail
>>
>>8769969
so when you say mirepoix what are you including with that exactly? since you mention the onions and mushrooms later
>>
>>8769978
Onions, carrots and celery. Use 2x the amount of onions and carrots to celery. You can go rough chopped or rough dice, it doesn't matter, you're going to strain them out any way.
>>
>>8769978
And there are some other little tricks, like when you sauté your mushroom, add some cognac and flambé. Add the lot to the sauce.

What I love about this dish is it is peasant food taken to the highest level. Would probably take top 3 as a last meal for me
>>
>>8769978
And more specifically: pearl onions, frozen is fine imo, just brown them a little in butter.
>>
>>8770025
OTH, if you live in a country where they're readily available use fresh, here in the states, at least where I'm at, it's cost stupid to use fresh.
>>
>>8770025
>>8770043
They are not part of mirepoix, the pearl onions are for the final garnish. Sorry if that was unclear.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.