/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone else on /ck/ whose goal it is to invent or develop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Is there anyone else on /ck/ whose goal it is to invent or develop their own recipe(s)?

I have wanted to develop a pastry I could call entirely my own. My only problem is I don't know enough about pastries and don't know what will or wont work and what has been tried or not.
>>
File: inventioncram.jpg (27KB, 902x357px) Image search: [Google]
inventioncram.jpg
27KB, 902x357px
Why yes I will show you
This is my one invention, ever eat a sundae cone and love the last bite of the bottom?

Well, this is devised to be a new spin on the classic treat, waffle cone sundae bites, bite sized snacks to eat with your hands, could be ice cream eaten at the movies, in the car, anywhere you go
>>
>>8766770
Like Dibs, but for Drumsticks instead of Butterfinger. Why hasn't this been made yet? Seems so commonsense
>>
>>8766737
pastry is a complicated thing that has been worked on for centuries. Basically, you need to learn the chemistry of baking. what different ingredients modify which other ingredients in which ways, to produce what results. You'll get a handle on it over time, and you'll see if there's any blank spots, combinations that haven't been tried, and whether they're likely at all to work.

if you ask me, you'd be better off experimenting with non-wheat grains. See if you can coax cornmeal into something other than the same old cornbread or tortillas. wheat's kinda been pulled in every direction it can, yknow?
>>
>>8766770
shit, i used to invent things like this all the time back when my metabolism was in good condition. i had cravings for all kinds of shit that doesn't exist but I wished it did. things in other shapes... to contain other things.. maan.. i can't remember them anymore.

i can tell you two concoctions i really want though, that I can remember
>multi-citrus juice. as many citrus as possible in one bottle, balanced so the sourness isn't overpowering, with a little sugar added if necessary but hopefully not
>tomato slices in a jar, still nice and perky like fresh ones, but with the refrigerator life of jarred pickles. so you can add a slice to every sandwich instead of having to open a new tomato and just hope it keeps til your next sandwich. not sure if this is possible, but it's probably just a matter of the right breed of tomato and the right brine formula
>>
File: the summer clusterfuck.jpg (640KB, 2100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
the summer clusterfuck.jpg
640KB, 2100x3300px
>>8766770
I would eat that. In the spirit of your drawing, I decided to finally get around to creating a visualization of an idea I had many years ago when I attempted to answer the question "What would the ultimate carnival food be?"

I call the result "The Summer Clusterfuck", but I considered calling it "The Nigger".

Basically, it's chocolate-filled watermelon on a stick, battered with a sweet flour-based batter and then deep fried, and given a generous drizzle of caramel and a quick roll in crushed peanuts. I have no idea if it would actually taste good. Also, the technical requirements of creating watermelon cubes with a hole drilled in the center would be a slight challenge to prepare en masse, as carnival food must be.
>>
>>8767103
>if you ask me, you'd be better off experimenting with non-wheat grains

This is probably my best bet, though I can already tell its going to be a bitch to pull off. I realized that so far my attempts have just been exercises in assemblage of existing components like giving existing bread types different flavorings and toppings which will always create something derivative.

>>8766770
I love this idea. The bottom of drumstick ice cream cones is my favorite part and this feels it would be like eating a whole bag of them.
>>
>>8766737
everything worthwhile has been invented, give up now.
>>
File: grilled-watermelon.jpg (118KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
grilled-watermelon.jpg
118KB, 600x638px
>>8766902
>>8767322
>>8767314
Thanks, I actually thought of the idea way back when I was a little kid and have always had it in the back of my mind

>>8767314
>Basically, it's chocolate-filled watermelon on a stick, battered with a sweet flour-based batter and then deep fried, and given a generous drizzle of caramel and a quick roll in crushed peanuts. I have no idea if it would actually taste good. Also, the technical requirements of creating watermelon cubes with a hole drilled in the center would be a slight challenge to prepare en masse, as carnival food must be.
Sounds interesting, I don't know how cooked watermelon would taste, but I do know that people grill watermelon, so it's not that odd of an idea or unheard of, could be quite good

>>8767118
Pre sliced tomatoes does seem like something that would already exist, though I never thought of it before, I'm sure people would buy that
>>
>>8767314
>biting into searing hot watermelon juice as it liquefies in the deep fryer
i would eat the hell out of that
>>
>>8767314
>>8767551
Sounds good. I would gather the supplies and tools and take it out for a test run.
>>
>>8769582
>>8767551
The batter might not stick very well if the watermelon is too damp on the surface. you could try macerating it first and patting it dry.
>>
>>8767314
You will NEVER get the batter to stick to the watermelon.
>>
>>8769639
>>8769656

Maybe a flour coating after patting dry and before dipping in batter would help like it does with chicken.
>>
>>8769661

Go with cornstarch rather than flour there. Maybe even a 2:1 mix of cornstarch and powdered sugar.
>>
>>8769674

Additionally, you'll probably want a very light, quick cooking batter, like a tempura. Get that coating nice and fluffy without the watermelon juicing out and causing a boilover in the fryer.
>>
>>8769582
>>8769639
>>8769656
>>8769661
>>8769674
>>8769679
I never expected anyone to actually try to figure it how to make this work.
>>
I put chili and cream cheese inside puff pastry dough or whatever it's called. Pretty delicious.
>>
No, my goal is to be one of those people that know how to cook without having to follow a recipe, having enough experience to just know
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.