[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried to make KFC chicken using that recipe that was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: PgI71.png (101KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PgI71.png
101KB, 640x480px
Has anyone tried to make KFC chicken using that recipe that was supposedly leaked?
>>
>>8763989
Yeahz it's actually a really good fried chicken recipe.
You can halve the salt it says to use though and add a half teaspoon of msg.
>>
>>8763999
that sounds awesome. Thanks anon, I know what I'm making for dinner tonight
>>
>>8763989
yes although I added half a tsp I think of ginger, and half a tsp of thyme
>>
>>8763989
this is different from the version i've seen
http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/recipes/ct-kfc-recipe-test-20160818-story.html
>>
I don't get it, is it for the flour ? Or the marinade ?
>>
>>8763989
How ordinary. I guess they only kept it secret as a marketing thing. You'd think it would have something more exotic or weird.
>>
>>8766161
it's the MSG that gets you going for more
not really a secret, like you say, marketing
>>
>>8763989
How much chicken is that recipe for?
>>
>>8766184
All of it
>>
>>8766172
No doubt. Simple fact is MSG is delicious. That's why I put a few drops of fish sauce in practically every sauce or soup I make.
>>
File: Buy some milk?.jpg (93KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Buy some milk?.jpg
93KB, 640x427px
>>8766206
fun fact from the comments section from:
>>8766000
>(trips says it's true)
"There is a rule of thumb to follow to make sure you do not put in too much MSG. For a pound of meat, only use ½ teaspoon of MSG. For 4-6 servings of soup and vegetables, ½ teaspoon MSG is best. You should know that adding more than the suggested amount of MSG will not make the food taste better."

http://www.seriouseats.com/talk/2012/03/what-to-learn-from-the-japanese-about-the-use-of-msg.html
>>
>>8766360
>http://www.seriouseats.com/talk/2012/03/what-to-learn-from-the-japanese-about-the-use-of-msg.html
The comments are so shit.
>>
>>8764000
what is it?
>>
>>8766360
What a horribly written poor article, and completely unsourced throughout it.

You should know that culinary types, of respect, really can't stand/literally hate the created name "umami" to define what was already defined as "savory." It would be one thing if there were no existing term in order to borrow from another culture, but there was...and this term was touted as science, like some mysterious understanding happened about the taste buds or senses at all.

MSG isn't moderately done by any chefs who would dare to use it in the first place. The public doesn't want it, so it's infrequently used in popular restaurants. Things which are savory are used instead, from fish sauce to fermented toods to tomatoes and mushrooms. Flavor comes from your technique or recipe, and your mind. Exactly what is amazing about KFC is beyond me. It was once popular because it's dirt cheap and it was food that was pressure fried, making a labor of love actually fast food. Good fried chicken is pan fried where steam can escape through the top by not being fully submerged, and there is also browning from the chicken touching the bottom of the pan.
>>
>>8766426
what a horribly written poor post, and completely unsourced throughout it.
>>
>>8766426
I've been hankering to do real friend chicken for a while. I just never bothered. Same with onion rings. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>8766390
Microwaveable donor kebabs, 3 for £1.29 from farmfoods.
>>
>>8763989
This isn't the blend. The actual leaked one has vanilla.

Anyway I made the leaked blend and deep fried the parts in my turkey fryer. The texture was way different but the taste was pretty much the same.
>>
>>8763989
Wouldn't the current KFC recipe be different from the actual original one Sanders used?
>>
>>8767490
literally fuck you dude
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.