[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it so easy to steal from grocery stores? why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12

File: 1474282089315.jpg (174KB, 750x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1474282089315.jpg
174KB, 750x1332px
why is it so easy to steal from grocery stores? why does anyone pay for food
>>
>>8763762

Is she dead? She looks dead.
>>
You seen my bike? I left it chained up outside the grocery store.
>>
The employees don't give a shit

I steel chicken and sushi from my grocery store weekly. It's too easy. My system is too full proof
>>
>>8763762

I only steal almonds and cashews. Nobody can afford those fucking things.
>>
>>8763906
I steal shit like saffron, blue cheese, vanilla beans. etc.

I'm a classy thug
>>
Poor people stealing is shit-tier crime.
>>
>>8763924
>he pays for overpriced chocolate bars
>doesnt just slide them up his sleeve

wew lad jews got to you
>>
>>8763902
>I'm black and have loose morals
My plan is coming together perfectly.
>>
>>8763924
>Jews make me pay for food!
>>
Like >>8763902 said, I'm barely paid enough to give a shit about things beyond not getting fired (which is pretty hard to do), let alone whether or not they eat food in the aisle or stuff it in their purse.
>>
>>8763777
I think it's one of those realdolls.
>>
>>8763928
I'm actually white and have loose morals

Also I'm guessing you fell for the morality meme huh. Sorry to hear that
>>
>>8763928
As if white corporate and govt pirates have morals because their thievery happens on a grander scale. Or maybe you believe them when they claim "muh christian, muh high morality".
>>
>>8764015
>>8764028
>justifying taking things that aren't yours
We'll make you an honorary nog.
>>
>>8764046
>muh moralityyyyyyy

How to know you're arguing with a fourth grader!
>>
Stealing is a crime and ethically wrong.
>>
>>8764055
>i'm edgy and kewl look at me!!11! nothing is true everything is permitted ;) beyand gud and evel xDDddD
>>
>>8764062
Sweet non sequitur
>>
>>8764066
Well okay, I thought it would be obvious, but here's an extended version for all of you special kids:

>i'm edgy and kewl look at me!!11! nothing is true everything is permitted ;) beyand gud and evel xDDddD
How to know you're arguing with a fourteen year old.
>>
>>8764075
>it's the same argument

Haha okay
>>
>>8764078
The same argument as yours, yes. With the only difference that mine is actually true.
>>
>>8764089
You're still using a non sequitur to assume why I steal, which isn't true. There's really no argument besides "it's degenerate because it hurts other people" which is really a basic way of thinking.
>>
>>8764095

Basic? Sure. Accurate? Also true.
>>
>>8764099
Sure it's sort of accurate, I'm "hurting" my local safeway, what with its 70 year old depressed employees and it's rich Jewish ceo. But I really don't care about that, because once I leave the safeway, I don't give a shit about them anymore.

So again, why should I care?
>>
>>8764046
>make you an honorary nog.

Then make all the politicians, including your orange cuckmaster, religious leaders and corporate executives honorary nogs as well. Their thievery and immorality exist on a far larger scale and inflicts infinitely more damage than Jameel stealing a carton of Newports. But who gets punished? Jameel, of course!
>>
>>8764109

You're not hurting the safeway at all. Their budget is designed to accommodate a certain amount of "shrink" as it's called in the industry.

Who you are hurting is every person who shops there, who are paying slightly higher prices to accommodate the shrink.

>>why should I care
Surely you have realized that your choice of action is fundamentally untenable if everyone did it?
>>
>>8764126
>Their budget is designed to accommodate a certain amount of "shrink" as it's called in the industry.
Seems like these grocery stores are "accommodating for shrink" anyway. It's almost like they expect me to steal some chicken wings from them

>Surely you have realized that your choice of action is fundamentally untenable if everyone did it?
Sure, but not everyone is doing it. I'm doing it, and maybe a handful of other college kids
>>
>>8763902
I work at a grocery store and don't give a fuck if I see people stealing. The company doesn't care about me and will throw me under the bus if something goes wrong so why give a fuck
>>
>>8764142
>Murdering is ok. It's not like everyone is doing it, just me and a handful of college kids
>>
Worked in a grocery store for six years, and I always tried to catch thieves. Not because I thought stealing was wrong, but because it was a nice distraction from the workday. Especially rapefugees are hilarious to catch in the act, they'll scream, cry and beg while trying to escape. Seeing them dragged away by the police is always fun.

Some of the employees stole as well, I personally never did although my job at the produce department did come with eating lots of free fruit.

If you're a white person that doesn't behave like a retard or sketchy then you'll get away with it often. Old people get away with it too, but I've caught a few in the act because they get lazy and don't even bother covering it up. Maybe a cry for help?
>>
>>8764211
You're not a good person
>>
>>8764241
a lot of the fruit goes bad anyway so it's not a huge deal to eat a bit
>>
>>8764241
Could you explain why not? Because >>8764245 is totally right. If I didn't eat it it would be thrown away.
>>
>>8764197
Oh shit where did I say that? I can't find that statement anywhere....
>>
>>8764109
Is this what /pol/ is like? Petty thieving because "evul juice"?
>>
>>8764388
>>8764388
Kek I'm not /pol/ either, keep assuming made up shit about me and dismissing the real point
>>
I used to drink soda in college while I was shopping in the store, but i'd always pay for it at the end.

I just never really felt a need to steal groceries. Where I live shit is reasonably priced. I guess if you're broke or homeless I understand why you would steal, and foodstamps should cover necessities like diapers (I've seen way too many people selling their foodstamps for cash to buy diapers then steal food) but I mean, I just don't get it. I see so many people that are usually better off than I am, sneaking little things like bottles of fucking onion powder. Just why?
>>
I started a ponzi scheme about a year ago. I got literally thousands pouring in each week.
Im not a thief, I pay for my food.
>>
>>8764211
You're a good person in my books
>>
>>8763762
I was behind an old asian man in the checkout aisle at safeway last week.

he was buying a decent amount of produce.. a bag of apples, oranges, lettuce, and some drinks. there was a loose orange in his shopping cart, and I watched him make the conscious decision to leave it in the cart (out of the sight of the cashier) instead of putting it in/next to the bag of oranges he already had prepared.

nobody noticed (but me) or cared, and he walked out with a free orange. good times.
>>
>>8764467
I didn't assume you were, I assumed they were like you. It was a post about /pol/, not about you. And yet it doesn't make a difference if you consider yourself one of them or not, if you think and act like them.
>>
>>8764532
I don't steal food from grocery stores to stick it to the jews. I'm hungry and want free food, grocery stores don't really care about me stealing the shitty chicken wings out, and the only people I'm really hurting are the rich ceos, whom I don't care about.

I'm not doing anything out of principle. I steal because I'm hungry, it's cheap, and I've developed an easy system to get free food, literally what >>8764516 described.
>>
>>8764516
You do understand that by inaction, you are responsible for that crime too? You have innocent blood on your hands, you'll have to live with it.
>>
>>8764532
Kill yourself memeing fuck. The pol poster was the anti theft guy. You'd know If you browsed anything you shit post about.
>>
File: 3-whitemagerefia-a.jpg (64KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
3-whitemagerefia-a.jpg
64KB, 400x700px
>>8763777
she doesn't look dead
>>
>>8763762
It's hard to argue corporate stealing is bad. There's another idea behind "stealing is bad", besides muh property, though.
Something between the lines that you became an overall shit citizen. The system assumes that a person who steals wouldn't react to an ugly person dying from choking on soda in the park because "lol loser" or ignore someone being shred to bits by a dog because "lol those nigger pibbles". In any situation that forces you into more roles than just a passerby they think you'll fail. Because there's a handful of principles everyone agrees with just by the fact they enjoy the citizen rights of their country, and the country just can't in any way discriminate between different rights. So do your think but there's nothing to brag about. Even if you are superhuman who is sure that their overall attitude won't be crippled by stealing, the govt thinks it will and they will try to weed out all of you, it can't be helped.
>>
>>8763924
Now, rich people stealing is the piece de resistance!
>>
>>8764516
>paying for one less orange than he got

MASTER CRIMINAL!

But the best scam will always be ringing up organic produce as regular produce at the self check out.
Either that or ringing it all up as so many pounds of carrots.
>>
>>8764539
No you steal because you dont have the mental capacity to not think you are somehow entitled to it if you can get away with it. Taking something that isnt yours is wrong and is what every good parent taught their child. You however either grew up with shitty poor parents who had the same infantile world view that you have or you were raised by wolves. You are a child and nothing anyone says will change that. I pitty your poor family and friends that have to be around you. Thieves are insufferable faggots and will end up stealing from anyone because of the infant mental gymnastics involved in the action of stealing. You are garbage and im glad i dont know you.
>>
>>8764964
>No you steal because you dont have the mental capacity to not think you are somehow entitled to it if you can get away with it. Taking something that isnt yours is wrong and is what every good parent taught their child.
you still haven't told me why I should care if it's wrong or not. you're just saying that it's wrong.
My parents never taught me to steal. I learned how to do it in college.
>>
Honestly i get it, if you're literally too poor to buy food. But even then, theft can never be justified.

I work in a chain of major supermarkets, and theft is fucking crazy here. We're located close to what is essentially a ghetto of retarded sandpeople.
Fuck i'm sick of it
>>
>>8763951
>>8763924
>if I steal from the non-jewish owned pharmacy near me It's okay because DA JOOZ
>>
I have EBT. I don't need to steal.
>>
Also, grocery stores don't give a shit unless you're trying to make off with a lot of shit. Can confirm, I've worked for multiple grocery stores.
>>
>>8765989
tell that to 12 year old me who tried to walk out with a nerds rope
>>
>>8765977
but you are stealing
>>
>>8766006
are you brown/poor looking? Ugly?
>>
>tfw your local posh whole foods has a camera over every aisle
>>
>>8763762

Some people actually know what it was like to be seriously poor and hungry and have to depend on the kindness of others just to get a meal.

When you have been there you can't fathom stealing or the people that do it. I would rather go dumpster diving.
>>
>>8763961
>>8764150

I used to work in a grocery store and I felt this way. Grocery stores are among the lowest paying jobs in the country, not to mention unless it's a mom & pop store it's part of a multi-billion dollar corporation that has streamlined everything.

>scanning your fingerprint so you can clock in
>manager couldn't give less of a fuck about how you feel
>your co-workers are either braindead high school students, fat black ladies, ex-cons, or fresh off the boat.

ya'll need to find better jobs. I traded grocery store life for back breaking labor and I never looked back.
>>
>>8766735
Forgot the "I've been working for 50 years and this is literally the only job I can interview for" types. I went to construction after grocery shit.
>>
>>8763902
It's spelled fool-proof little nignog
>>
ITT: Niggers
>>
Dumpster diving is much less risky than shoplifting, so I usually opt for that
>>
>>8766746

Yeah I've known plenty of those too. This one dude had to have been in his 50s and started off as a bag boy at 15. He had been head of the dairy department when I met him. It was astonishing. In the 2 years I essentially did his job, it had felt like 20 years to me, and I knew every possible in and out to the dairy deparment. I couldn't possibly imagine doing it for as long as he did. I'd go insane.
>>
>>8763762
i just love the thrill desu. I sometimes steal shit like staplers and just throw that stuff away immediately after getting out. I've gotten really good a looking calm and unassuming with pockets full of stolen goods. Lately my exploits have gotten more and more risky. Stole a bottle of 30€ whiskey. I drank it with Red Bull.
>>
>>8763777
only on the inside
>>
>>8766784
You have kleptomania my friend
>>
I buy the nicest apples and ring them up as Mcintosh to save money.
>>
I used to smoke crack in the bathrooms at a bunch of Stop and Shops, then I'd make a mad dash to the detergent aisle and grab as many things of Tide as I could, then sell them to shitty bodegas for 50 cents on the dollar and go buy more crack.
>>
>>8766792
I don't believe in mental illness. It's just adrenaline.
>>
>>8763762
Dont be a cunt.

>steal from grocery stores

That is being a cunt.

As a societal thing, Grocery stores are a pretty sweet deal. Food at a usually reasonable price for fairly little hassle.

Niggers like you fuck shit up and cause places to upgrade security and get all anal.
>>
>>8766956
I give zero fucks as long as don't get caught. Workers will not get cuts on their minimum wages anyway and the ceos make little less revenue. Plus if they hire more security I am basically a job creator.
>>
File: ashsqy.png (48KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
ashsqy.png
48KB, 500x551px
What are you blasting, lads?
>>
File: enza_almonds.jpg (1MB, 942x1013px) Image search: [Google]
enza_almonds.jpg
1MB, 942x1013px
ITT we combine video games and food. Give it a try.
>>
i live on the 'colored' part of town, and the grocery stores are on lock down. nobody is stealing anything
>>
>>8767168
>>
>>8763902
>full proof

try foolproof
>>
>>8766979
no retard, prices go up
>>
>>8763762
Got any of her in that dress without the unshaved dipshit in the background?
>>
>People in this thread arguing about the immorality of stealing from grocery stores
>When grocery stores hold farmers at ransom by threatening them with bankruptcy

lol

inb4 'but farmers don't need to work with grocery stores!'
>>
File: 1458766037998.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458766037998.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
>stealing $5 worth of groceries is wrong
>underpaying employees is fine
>>
>>8767181
wrong board XDDDDDDDDDD
>>
I'm a security guard in a complex that has a grocery store. The store insists that we never, ever put our hands on anyone, unless they're trying to kill someone or themselves.

I routinely watch people come in with bags, load 'em up with cheese, meat, sushi, and medicine and just walk the fuck out the door without a single issue. All I'm allowed to do is say "please stop that". Then they go into the parking lot and sell the food for a few dollars, walk to the liquor store next door and buy their booze. When the booze is gone they just repeat the process.

More people should try stealing, it seems like a pretty good deal.
>>
Because i'm white.
>>
I'm not really proud to admit it because I think it was a side effect of having a really miserable existence but when I lived in the city near a grocery store, I'd go in with my reusable shopping bag on my shoulder and use a basket for shopping. In empty aisles id put stuff like garlic, lemons, onions, in the reusable bag and go through the self check out lane with the rest of my stuff.
Eventually it escalated to stuff like maple syrup, steaks, spices.
When I moved away and my life improved I completely stopped and I don't really have the urge to do it anymore. I think it was some kind of juvenile depressive acting out and I feel pretty ashamed desu
>>
File: 800px-Bert_Williams_blackface_2.jpg (72KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Bert_Williams_blackface_2.jpg
72KB, 800x601px
>>8767223
Yep. And think of all the other malfeasance that goes on at extremely high levels that's never punished.

But Cletus steals a rack of ribs or buys 1/2 oz of marijuana and he has a gorilla named Tyrone for a roommate for the next 5 years.

Meanwhile, orange tinted politicians, corporate executives and religious leaders bleed people dry and get a pat on the back.

Wow, I'se sure luvs me some freedoms! They lets me have mah guns, doh! I'se sure 'nuff livin' the high life!
>>
>>8766800
awesome
>>
>>8766593
agreed
>>
>>8766800
is that why Tide is one of the most shoplifted items? that where the product goes?
>>
>>8767271
what state? in the places ive lived ive seen stores pay cops to work security as well as plainclothes loss prevension that prevents people from leaving
>>
>>8767419
It's super common to be shoplifted, because it's an essential item that everyone needs, and is easily resellable. Pretty much any bodega will buy detergent/formula/garbage bags from you for .50c on the dollar. They'll all let you buy alcohol too if you're sketchy enough. They ring it up as 'generic food item' and tack on a few extra dollars.

I knew a kid who had some hustle where he'd get soda really cheap and sell 2 liters to bodegas, but the only people who do shit like that are hard drug addicts, so he'd be broke within an hour of getting paid.
>>
>>8766800
this is why 4chan used to be great
>>
>>8767436
Lovely. I don't really live in places where ghetto slum crime is very prevalent, so my guess is most of the "convenient stores" would blush if I tried that shit with them. decent hustle though
>>
Many stores have a policy of now chasing down thieves, due to the possibility of lawsuits, but this isn't always the case. One of my local convenience stores will chase a thief into the parking lot and drag them back into the store, to detain them there until the police arrive.

Anyways, most people don't steal from stores because they kind of recognize that stealing from other people is kinda morally fucked up unless you have no other means of feeding yourself. Also, you never know when you're going to get arrested by an off duty cop going grocery shopping. I know someone who used to bring energy drinks into school to re-sell them, who got arrested by an off duty cop for stealing them. Dumb fuck got greedy.
>>
Since we're sharing stories to enrage classcucks, my personal favorite was when I worked nights at a Speedway. C-stores are generally shitty to their employees, but Speedway is absolute garbage for the micromanaging, dangling bonuses and yanking them away, and other such shit. The worst part was Friday nights, because some shiteating moron in corporate decided that our delivery truck should arrive on our busiest nights. And there is only one guy (me) to take care of the night's business, puttting up the new stock, and cleaning the store.

After a particularly shitty week (and on a Friday), I noticed a black dude stealing five hour energies, and being really badly obvious about it, so I went into the back and finished cleaning the tea containers, then peeked out and noticed he was still stealing those five hour energies, and so I went back and did some more stocking.
When I came out the second time, he was gone and so was our entire stock of five hour energies. I was happy for the rest of the night, knowing that nigger was out there somewhere tweaking like hell on enough caffeine to make an elephant's heart explode and fighting the good fight.

Fuck Speedway.
>>
>>8767430
The LPs aren't allowed to prevent you from leaving, they only *tell* you not to leave.
>>
Stealing (from stores, not people) is the best crime, because it has such a "fuck this whole deal" vibe to it. Nobody really gets hurt, certainly not anybody that's a person, and it just feels super disgruntled.

It's such a cool act that deftly walks the line between "fuck everything" and "I don't have anything against real people." not to mention you get free shit, which is always awesome
>>
>>8767223
>>8767328
Daily reminder capitalism is literally built on the systematic theft of labor value
>>
somewhat related
winona ryder is eternally perfect and adorable

I will never not find her so attractive. She will be 70 and I'll still find her so sexy
>>
>>8767517
Yep. Know your fucking rights. If they restrain you and they aren't law enforcement, you can sue them to hell and back - and win. Fuck these corporate assholes.
>>
>>8767586
from personal experience in security, texas colorado and wyoming all have citizens arrest statutes where if ANYONE witnesses certain crimes being committed they can arrest the suspect. security guards obviously fall under that category.
>>
>>8767430
Ontario, but it entirely varies between stores depending on how much of a risk the property manager wants to take to prevent theft. For example, the Winners in the complex pays for its own security and authorizes them to arrest anyone they observe shoplifting.

>>8767517
Completely untrue. Most if not all plain clothes loss prevention officers are fully authorized to place you under arrest. That's their job.

>>8767586
Untrue again. Citizens are legally permitted to make an arrest if they observe a criminal act occurring. The difference is that a citizen has no powers of release, meaning once you arrest someone you must turn them over to a police officer. It's absurd to claim that it's your right to steal shit except in the presence of a cop.
>>
>>8764126
>Who you are hurting is every person who shops there, who are paying slightly higher prices to accommodate the shrink.
oh my sweet fuck, those poor honest shoppers will be paying extra CENTS after this fucking shoplifter steals millions of dollars worth of merchandise over the course of centuries
>>
>>8767479
The overnight people at convenient stores work like mules. Cash reigister, food prep, janitorial, stocking, merchandising, whatever else? For VERY low pay. unreal.
>>
>>8767558
No shit. And labor more and more smiles and says, "harder, please."
>>
>>8763762
we're literally told to never interfere
>>
>>8767642
This is what's so funny about shoplifters. They all think they're criminal masterminds, jamming those beef tenderloins down their duct taped long johns. But in reality we all know what you're doing, we all don't care nearly enough to even mention it to you, and we all think you're a degenerate scumbag for doing so.

But, like other degenerate scumbags, shoplifters don't really care about acting like degenerate scumbags so whatever.
>>
>>8767641
So cucked by neoliberal ideology

>>8767642
This. Physically stopping shoplifters entails risk to LP, which means liability. Which means wrongful injury/death lawsuits and settlements. It's too high of a cost to justify the recouped loss, especially since you can't predict the state of mind of every shoplifter.
Yes, intimidating shoplifters and instructing them to stay put for the police is part of the job, but tackling those who try to leave is both risky to personnel and disruptive to the customer experience. Just think how many people freak out if someone's open carrying inside just about any establishment.
>>
We used to mutilate thieves. This thread makes me wish we could start it up again.
>>
File: 1454099526524s.jpg (114KB, 1180x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1454099526524s.jpg
114KB, 1180x1084px
>>8767718
>tfw steal guitar pics and string all the time from guitar center
>>
The worst that is going to happen is that you'll be issued a trespass notice. This usually means you're banned from the property for a year. But the catch is that these aren't legal documents, and are enforced by the stores security. The same security that is instructed to never lay hands on you.

So the trespass notice just means you've entered the hard-mode of shoplifting, where the guards know your face and will immediately get you to leave. There are people where I work that have been issued trespass notices over 50 times in a 4 month period, but have never once been arrested.
>>
>>8767757
>tfw stole a four-year degree from Princeton

>>8767753
Go home to your unibrowed wives, Habeeb.
>>
File: 1455013207118.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455013207118.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>8767805
>stole
>paid for it
>using the word stole to sound cool and mysterious and angsty
>>
I steel usually 4-5 steaks a week from my local store i can usually also take fish and other fresh stuff without much trouble.
>>
>>8767825
>paid for it
But I didn't
>>
>>8763922
This exactly.
>>
>>8767851
but you did and now you post on 4chan as the eternal neet indebted into shitposting for all eternity
>>
>>8764197
That logic is correct.
Without using any emotional thinking, purely logical, there is literally nothing wrong with murdering so long as not everyone does it.

There are objectively enough people on this world to be culled and nothing would change as they would not have contributed anything significant to the world. This includes me and every other poster here.

This isn't edge, this is fact.
>>
>>8764028
They're jews you retard, not christian.
>>
>>8767880
>neet
I don't have to work because I stole a mortgage
>>
>>8768014

Murder, like theft, causes harm to others. Sure we can survive as a species with a few thieves and murderers, but they are costly burden. Defense against wrongdoers and punishment saps resources from more worthwhile activities.
>>
>>8768089
fuck off retard
>>
File: MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (54KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
54KB, 340x450px
>>8763762
>>
File: 1430579818531[1].png (977KB, 1600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1430579818531[1].png
977KB, 1600x1053px
>>8768089
>Sure we can survive as a species with a few thieves and murderers, but they are costly burden
So naturally what we do is write the actions of the most egregious offenders into law and use state violence against those who oppose them
>>
>>8768117

posted from your iPhone

would be a shame if someone took it from you
>>
File: C5lleVaWYAQtfSi[1].jpg (79KB, 546x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C5lleVaWYAQtfSi[1].jpg
79KB, 546x1024px
>>8768148
>iPhone
>>
>>8768185

My first point is that property rights are the source of technological development. Most of us do not wish to work for free.

My second point is that you certainly would object to someone stealing your things.
>>
>>8763902
Kill yourself
>>
>>8768197
>My first point is that property rights are the source of technological development.
Well, no. Technological advance, industrialization, and growth of the bourgeoisie all happened in spite of, and then overturned, the landed nobility's property claims. The development of light industry in British Colonial America happened in spite of, and then overturned, mercantilist trade policy and the monarchy's property claims. It certainly seems that the real conditions of production precede the institution of property rights.
>Most of us do not wish to work for free.
>performing socially necessary labor for oneself, enjoying its fruits, and exchanging them for those of others is "working for free" unless there's an unproductive parasite stealing the product of your labor from you
ok
>My second point is that you certainly would object to someone stealing your things.
Yes, I do.
>>
>>8768229

Merchants and factory owners still had rights in things. They did not live in a society where the returns from their enterprise would go to whoever could take it.

>performing socially necessary labor for oneself, enjoying its fruits, and exchanging them for those of others is "working for free" unless there's an unproductive parasite stealing the product of your labor from you

Your society would be outproduced by its competitor and would die either in revolution or by conquest.
>>
>>8768259
>Merchants and factory owners still had rights in things. They did not live in a society where the returns from their enterprise would go to whoever could take it.
Kek
>be pig iron exporter in 1750's colonial America
>can only export to Britain at half the price of other nations
>don't live in a society where the returns from your enterprise would go to whoever could take it
The limited "rights" accorded to the bourgeoisie before the bourgeois revolutions were concessions made in the interest of stability and practicality. You think the monarchy could afford to expropriate every industrialist in the country? That'd be like Obama going door to door confiscating guns. Plus, they clearly have some idea of their own interests, and would resist moves counter to them. As they did, eventually, in the most radical sense. Those interests trace to the process of production itself. This is why we say production precedes its political interests.

>Your society would be outproduced by its competitor and would die either in revolution or by conquest.
Not sure what your basis for this is. How is "outproducing" an automatic competitive advantage, when it's beyond what's socially desirable? Especially since monopolies actually maximize profit by under-producing relative to a competitive market. And I haven't even described a society to be established in the first place, merely pointed out that the free exchange and self-ownership you consider the "meat" of capitalism can still exist independently of an idle rentier class that accumulates market power and means of production in order to to profit off the labor of others through inherently coercive contracts without filling any socially useful role which can't be devolved to employees themselves or their elected representatives. I'd probably say they MUST, though, since under the present model you can't own the product of your own labor unless you own means of production.
>>
>>8768374
also
>tfw shareholders already elect their highest corporate officers to run things for them, from a pool of candidates with appropriate skills and experience
>if we replace "shareholders" with "the workers themselves," though, everything will just crash and burn
>>
>>8767188
that's thomas from the bold and the beautiful you faggot. show some respect.
>>
Got busted Shoplifted last year. AMA.
>>
you're all stealing from kroger or something, try doing it at a snootier store like trader joe's, or wegman's they will hold you there and arrest you.
>>
>>8768687
What'd you steal?
How'd you get caught?
What happened to you?
>>
>order a bunch of shit from the deli/meat area
>Everyone assumes you paid for it at the deli as you walk out
>>
Places like 7-11 or grocery chains have theft built into their budgets. You're actually making it harder for them financially if you DONT steal because they have to hire people to rebalance the budget.

>>8768697
there's a whole foods in my town that will call the cops on you every time, charge you with theft the whole nine yards
>>
>>8768711
Except when you're obviously under fifty, or not white, in which case you get stopped and asked for a receipt even though you do it every day. Then you post an angry yelp review and it gets "filtered" (aka deleted by yelp in exchange for money)

This is why black people always seem so angry, btw
>>
>>8764123

who the fuck is juh-meal
>>
>>8763961
if your job title isn't "loss prevention" then it's literally not your job to stop theives, and many stores explicitly tell you not to try
>>
>>8768707

For a few months I was stealing little items, pocketable things. I would go in there, make purchases and shit, but would help myself to other items. The last time was a handful of energy packets.

On the day I got caught was the one day a week the LPO was at the store, he was dressed like a low income shopper, I caught him looking at me a couple times, and I figured he was gay or something so I smile and nod.

So I went and paid for what I bought and walked out and he grabbed be by the shoulder, asked me to turn out my pockets. I did and he escorted me back into the store. He was on guard for the first few minutes, but when he realized I was not resisting and decided to be compliant and casual as I could, he seemed to relax and we got to talking.

I didn't have my ID on me, so we hung around until this 9/10 cute female cop showed up and she made a call to a restorative justice program. Store manager gave me a two year ban and got escorted out by her.

Immediately went home and called the program, which really bought me some merit points from them when I went in for my evaluation. They gave me 25 hours community service, and I am wrapping them up in a few days (feeding the poor)
>>
>>8768730

To add The LPO suggested I get into his field. Said I might have been the worst thief he ever saw, but he said never before had anyone he was investigating had eyed him before like I had.
>>
>>8768723
I've never been asked for a receipt unless I'm leaving Costco.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.