[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys take for lunch when you go to work? I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: school-lunch21.jpg (123KB, 395x304px) Image search: [Google]
school-lunch21.jpg
123KB, 395x304px
What do you guys take for lunch when you go to work? I need some better idea's for what to take.

>be me
>new job, 12 hours shifts

I'm gunna kill myself if all I keep having are ham and cheese sandwiches
>>
Egg or chicken salad
>>
>>8763111
rice + frozen vegetables + scrambled eggs mixed in a pan with teriyaki sauce. i eat that with chicken drumsticks
>>
quick noodles
soup packets
get a wife
>>
For 12 hr shifts i used to bring at least two sandwiches, gummy fruit packets, chips or crackers, juice boxes and or water and or soda. Maybe some cheese. Enough so you dont end up hungry can bring lefover items home
>>
>>8763111
12hr shifts can be harsh, especially if you still have to commute

what is it you do?
>>
>>8763154
Welding. Construction. I would do the food truck but the Gyro's they sell will either bankrupt or make me have heart attack. Shit's $17 for that and a drink, $14 for just the Gyro, and thats the cheapest thing they sell.

I'm busting my ass trying to save up to do a huge downpayment on a house.
>>
>>8763157
I used to get protein shakes and add some oats to be extra filling
>>
>>8763157
Make as much rice as you physically can in a pot

Dice chicken, cook it in a large wok

Throw in vegetables of your choice (at least 1 large onion), bell peppers are good too.

Saute together, add rice on top. Mix

Season

Add 6-9 eggs into rice mixture, mix until thoroughly cooked

Wa-la. Enough egg fried rice stirfry to last you for a week of hearty lunches. Dirt cheap, tasty, filling.
>>
>>8763164
>>8763162
>>8763117
>>8763119

Thank you all lads. My local pawnshop I sometimes do parttime in just got a rice cooker in... might go for that.
>>
>>8763111
I really hope that order is for two people, you fat piece of shit
>>
>>8763111
I work at a grocery store so I got a fuckton of options for lunch. Our break room has a microwave, plasticware, and a keurig machine for hot water. Most employees actually get something from the deli since the stuff there is made by the hour so it stays fresh, but I stay off of it since, as a store-brand product, the actual quality isn't all that great since it uses low end ingredients.
I used to just go back home and eat there since I live ten minutes away but lately I've been feeling miserable whenever I do that. I don't know why, maybe it's because I realize that I'm gonna have to go back to work again.
>>
>>8763157
That food truck charges out the ass because the owners know that they're the only source of recently prepared, readily available food for I'm gonna guess it's at least a mile to the nearest mcdonalds or whatever.
>>
>>8763157
What kitchen supplies does your workplace have?

I usually make pesto pasta, pastabake, stirfry or something I can do in a decent size batch on a Sunday afternoon then divide it up in to takeaway containers and reheat it in the microwave at work.
Try some other sandwiches, wraps or salads that are quick to make in the morning or night before if you don't get time on a weekend to prep for the week.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.