[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone who knows about health; how bad for you is homemade Pizza?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1432684584933.jpg (165KB, 682x674px) Image search: [Google]
1432684584933.jpg
165KB, 682x674px
Anyone who knows about health; how bad for you is homemade Pizza?

Talking about thin base, pizza sauce, chicken, cheese, capsicum, stuff like that, nothing too crazy. Cooked in an oven on a "Pizza stone".

It doesn't seem like it should be that bad, but I'm used to associating pizza with being really unhealthy. Thoughts?
>>
It's essentially a loaf of bread with half a block of cheese (or more) on top.
>>
>>8763113

Why would I use anywhere close to that much cheese?
>>
>>8763106
fucking amazing.
>>
>>8763106
Using "pizza sauce" and what i assume is store bought pizza crust, not very.

If you're doing it homemade anyway, just use healthier ingredients, ie tomato paste instead of pizza sauce, and tortilla wraps/flatbread instead of pizza dough.
>>
>>8763155

A good size large pizza can easily hold ~2 Cups Shredded cheese without being overly cheesy.
>>
>>8763170

It's "Pizza sauce" tomato paste, is that the same thing?

>>8763176

I guess so? I'd be surprised if I used even half a cup
>>
>>8763180

Pizza hut uses between 1/2-1 Cup on their lg. pizzas. And people are happy. I can't remember exactly but I do remember it didn't cover the marinara for shit so I always hooked up more. I worked there almost 20 years ago. On the other hand I have worked in restaurants where we would use like 2 large handfuls on our pizzas.
>>
>>8763180

Tomato paste is basically ground tomatoes while pizza sauce contains herbs such as oregano, and parsley.
>>
>>8763180
Calorically, they're pretty close, but pizza sauce has a shitload more sodium. Also like >>8763193 said, it's got some spices in it.

My point is, if you're doing homemade, you can just use healthier ingredients to make healthier food.
>>
>>8763200

Fair enough
>>
Frozen pizza is probably pretty bad for you, in addition to all the fat and salt already present in the cheese there's loads of artificial additives that may or may not be bad for you and probably added sugar because everything processed has sugar for Americans
>>
>>8763106
It's a huge piece of carbs and fat

high carb high fat diets cause obesity

pretty simple stuff
>>
>>8763106
It's good for your peace of mind.
>>
Not very. Most of the negatives from pizza comes from preservatives and chemicals used in flash freezing and substitutes for actual ingredients that are more shelf stable, if we're talking frozen shit. If we're talking chains, it's because they use the cheapest ingredients they can and it's still filled with chemicals since most of it is shipped out to stores to be prepared, but most of it is already set up for end user consumption, just not put together.

Making your own, the unhealthiest part is probably gonna be whatever "pizza sauce", because you're probably buying it, which means tons of sugar.
>>
>>8764225
It's a pain in the ass but Cauliflower Pizza Crust actually works.
>>
find a white flour substitute and home made pizza can be quite healthy if you use quality products.
It's the white flour that's unhealthy.
I just try to minimize the use of white flour when making pizzas because no pizza tastes as good as made with white flour. I could eat pizza day after day if I could only find a substitute for white flour that's as tasty as white flour and healthy.
>>
>>8764455
almond flour/mozzarella fathead crust is nice, not as much effort needed
>>
it depends on your dietary needs and the rest of your diet. if you are a reasonably healthy person who exercises regularly, there is no reason why you cannot fit pizza into your diet. you should avoid highly-processed ingredients though.
>>
>>8764503

Activated flour seems a little daunting
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.