[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I love coffee!" >orders large coffee with 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 33

File: IMG_6749.jpg (51KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6749.jpg
51KB, 638x480px
>"I love coffee!"
>orders large coffee with 15 pumps of syrup, whipped cream, filled more than halfway with milk

>frappuccinos

>people that call frappuccinos coffee

>assholes who complain about cappuccinos being "too foamy"

>slobs who can't walk two steps to the trash bin to throw away their trash

fellow wage slave foods-service workers, what's your pet peeve?
>>
>>8762403
Most espresso is 80% milk or more. One shot of espresso is only an ounce. What, you dilute your espresso shots with fucking water for your baby palate? Instead of cream which doesnt kill the shot?
>>
>>8762456
What I'm saying is that people will get drip coffee or espresso drinks, fill them almost entirely with milk, and then get like 10-15 pumps of syrup, completely destroying the coffee flavor, then brag about how much they "love coffee".
>>
Not food service explicitly, but a cashier at a grocery store

>"Hi, I have flyers to price match with!"
>Either blurry screenshots of prices on computer monitors or crudely forged flyers
>"What do you mean you can't give it to me for that price?!"

>Customer shows up
>"Hi, did you find everything you needed today?"
>Bewildered look
>Turns out customer cannot speak a fucking word of English

>Customer comes with a bag of something from the bulk section
>"Oh, I needed to write the number with it?"
>Have to waste time finding it

>Customer comes with literally 200 items
>In the express lane with a limit of 20 items

>Mondays
>Because for whatever reason my store feels the need to bus in seniors and retards to give them shopping days

>"Is this dairy free?"
>"Is this organic?"
>"Is this gluten free?"
>"Is this ethically sourced?"
>"...Yeah"

There's more
>>
>>8762472
The fact you are comparing espresso and drip as if theyre in the same category and can be treated the same in terms of cream still shows how little you know about actual coffee or what espresso drinks contain.

Drip coffee is a joke anyways
>>
>>8762491
I'm not the guy you were arguing with, but good job missing the point.
>>
>>8762456
He never once mentioned espresso so I don't know what the fuck you are on about.
>>
File: caphe.jpg (8KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
caphe.jpg
8KB, 268x188px
>>8762491
>Drip coffee is a joke anyways
sure
>>
>>8762491
>"drip coffee is a joke anyways"

its 2017 anon, you don't have to drink Folgers anymore
>>
>>8762482
I heard Asian people always try to haggle for groceries, kek.
>>
Drinking expresso is such a euroboo meme
>>
>>8762403
Why don't you develop some trade skills you fucking worthless piece of shit.

extra milk hook it up, famo.
>>
>>8762529
Nobody who orders coffee anywhere but a diner or mcdonalds gets drip, they get espresso. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>8762403
syrup doesn't go in coffee, anon

that's pancakes you're thinking of
>>
File: IMG_6755.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6755.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>8762713
Third wave coffee shops pride themselves on different brewing methods and specialty drip coffee from premium roasters so... what are you on about?
>>
I love a nice latte!
>>
>>8762482
>Because for whatever reason my store feels the need to bus in seniors and retards to give them shopping days

Holy shit mine did the same thing. The seniors were either super nice or complete fucking assholes, there was no in between. I overheard my boss at the time talk to one of the seniors and told her:

"My employees are just doing their job, they have no control over the prices of your items. Please stop being so rude to them."

The other fucker's excuse for being rude was literally thing:

"Well I'm old"

Then her friend apologized on her behalf and they left. My boss was a real ass nigga for that though. She hated the "the customer is always right" bull shit and got in a lot of trouble constantly for it, but she always stuck up for us. What a wonderful human being.
>>
>>8762482
>>8762751

true or false: more often than not the customer is either wrong or retarded
>>
>>8762751
I worked at a McDonalds in high school and almost every morning was like that.
>>
>>8762403
>tfw friends looking at me like a mad man when I was drinking the cold brew black
pussies
>>
A person who enjoys milk chocolate can reasonably say they like chocolate. Why doesn't the same extend to beverages with similar proportions of milk and sugar?
>>
>>8763417
I disagree if I heard someone say they like chocolate and I saw them eat milk chocolate I'd assume they mostly like to eat sugar same with coffee there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>8762752
This is true of people, customers are just people. There is no filter at the door to keep out the mentally below average. Half the people you encounter are below average intelligence ergo probably wrong about most things.
>>
File: 1362986152014.gif (492KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1362986152014.gif
492KB, 460x345px
>>8762403
>be working in hotel bistro
>our bistro serves starbucks shit
>shift almost over thank god
>hark, a wild pack of fucking negress teenagers
>fuck my life
>"Ayo I wanna carrmaalll mocha latiatooo iced" fumbling with fucking folded up bills and change
>we don't do the iced shit at my hotel but w/e
>make it for them
>she sips it
>"Ew nigga this tastes like coffee!"
>wish I could hate people to death

I really, really wish I was making up this fucking story
>>
>>8762482
>>8762751
This was my experience as well. Old people are either super cool or fucking assholes. I would also make it a point to thank people whose children were fucking behaved in the store. Not in earshot of the people with screeching tumor-goblins, of course.

I can safely say Groceries were the worst 3 years of my life. Kickstarted my clinical depression. Now i'm on meds and slightly better.
>>
Is this the new 'go 'za? There's a new fucking "don't le talk to me until I've had my coffeeee reddit ;-) *puts a teaspoon of coffee in a mug of heavy cream*" like every day now
>>
>>8763607
that's bad as a starbucks every starbucks in my area not only has to learn secret menu items they have to learn how to do all their drinks flawlessly
>>
>>8763637
It's somewhat understandible since, if you work at starbucks, being a Barista is your job.

Being a Barista is not my job. Being a fucking COOK is not my job. I am the goddamn motherfucking night auditor but for some fucking reason they have me working in every other fucking department half the time to cover for people and I am flipflopping between 6 am to 2 pm and 11 pm to 7 am shifts and it is driving me fucking insane I have been up for almost 24 hours now they fucking called me an hour ago to see if I could come in and cover for a cook that called out sick even though I have to work night audit tonight at midnight goddamnit I hate hotels so much
>>
File: 1428931133358.jpg (11KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
1428931133358.jpg
11KB, 206x210px
>>8762482
>Customer shows up
>Bewildered look

I have this same problem except with romania trailer trash cunts. Nothing fucking works with them, no English, no German, no French, nothing.
>>
I just want to throw shot glasses at people who order espresso shots then proceed to let the shot die while they sip on it over the course of 10 minutes. Also got bitched at by the owner for telling a customer to google cappuccino when they said their cappuccino was almost all foam. Apparently I should have just remade a latte for them. Also had an interesting customer get pissed off because I gave them the wrong drink when they ordered a macchiato yesterday. Apparently a macchiato is a full glass of steamed milk with caramel on top but what the fuck do I know?

I fucking love European customers, I legitimately get excited when I hear an accent because I know they know what the fuck they're ordering.

Also, just got an aeropress for my home coffee and tea a week or two ago. Highly regret not getting one sooner. Haven't done a pour over for myself since.
>>
My steak was overcooked says the stupid patron while sending back all but the near bone parts of the steak.
>>
>>8762482
I thought the stereotypes about jews were just bullshit before I came to NYC. Some of them will throw an absolute fit when the scanned price is a nickel more the listed price
>>
>>8763676
What's tea a week? Also why do all my aeropress taste like caramelish hinted coffee? This was across two diff supermarket beans. I do a not too fine grind with approx 90 to 120 steep time..
>>
>>8763607
Jesus Christ. Yeah people at my shop will order caramel macchiatos then complain saying "ugh they never stir them!" Or bitch about how they're "not sweet enough".
>>
>>8762692
Asians and Indians. This is true. They always bring flyers from Chinese/Indian stores and I wonder why they don't just fucking shop there. I'll tell you why, the quality of the produce and neat doesn't hold a candle to North American stores, this is from personal experience

>>8762751
The retards are just disturbing but usually kept in check by their handlers. What you say about old people is true, either warm and friendly or bitter and rude. Props to your manager.

>>8762752
This is absolutely true. Though sometimes a simple misunderstanding happens, which I am more than willing to understand. Though I am not willing to understand ignorance or rudeness.

>>8763659
Probably gypsies desu. Here it's all old Chinese or Indians who try to speak to ME in their language like I'll understand! More than once have I had to page for anyone at all in the fucking store who could interpret.

>>8763708
I've had like two Jewish people ever at my cash. The one time it came out too high, he just brought it to my attention and it turned out the thing he was trying to buy didn't have the price adjusted in the system so I just manually input it and continued without incident. But NYC Jews? Damn man I feel for you.

I can post more experiences. Just give me a bit to recall and type.
>>
>love coffee
>usually get cappuccino or espresso nothing with added sugar or syrups
>person behind me gets a sugary mess of a drink
> dont care because im not an autist and freak out about what other people drink when it doesnt affect me in any way
>>
>>8765071
>I can post more experiences. Just give me a bit to recall and type.
Please do.
>>
Does anybody else think drinking hot coffee while someone licks your asshole would be the best feeling in the world?
>>
File: where is the coffee.jpg (82KB, 755x746px) Image search: [Google]
where is the coffee.jpg
82KB, 755x746px
>>8762403
oh boy have I got one for you

this is just whipped cream I think
>>
>>8765091

Okay it's >>8762482 again, I'll post some stories of repeat offenders and small time incidents as I recall and type them

>Lady comes with flyers to match
>Look at first item to match for plain bulk peanuts
>Flyer looks to be valid and in-date
>Tries to use that price for candied peanuts, in a jar
>Explain to her that I cannot give her those peanuts at that price
>"But they're both peanuts!"
>Not sure if lady is either stupid or trying to be a smartass
>Next item is for fish balls, again, flyer is legitimate
>Tries to use this for mussels, in a package twice the weight listed on the flyer
>"But they're also fish balls!"
>Next item as my blood pressure starts to rise
>This price is for a well known Canadian brand of sour cream that our store carries. Surely she can't fuck this up.
>Entirety of the tub is written in Arabic, save for the translated sticker
>"Strained yogurt"
>"I don't think this is sour cream"
>"But it's made from sour cream!"
>Nearly lose my patience and tell her that shit is also made from food, but nobody shits on their plate at lunch
>>
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kz7_g5cU6w
>>
>>8765157
Yes!
Best film ever made!
>>
>>8765111
Congratulations, you found someone drinking a vanilla frappucino.
>>
>>8765170
Judging by those lumps they should probably have stayed away from starbucks altogether
>>
>>8765138
>After a few months of working here, turns out I'd made some regulars
>One of them was a creepy, South African bastard I'd taken to referring to as "Aardvark" because he had a really long, protruding face that just made him grotesque as all Hell
>He would send people ahead of him in line, just so he could come to my register, already a massive red flag
>Wouldn't even try to match prices from flyers, they'd be off fucking Amazon and eBay bids. Even screenshots of "flyers" made with meme font. I shit you not.
>Managers had to tell him to leave more than once
>>
> Work at a Walmart in Canada
> I don't hate on Americans, but the worst stereotype comes into menswear
> Massively obese, has his own scooter with an American flag sticking out the bad, looks redneck as fuck
> "Where do you keep the size 5XL t-shirts?"
> "I'm sorry sir, our largest size is 3XL, and we don't get many of them."
> Goes on angry rant complaining that it's discrimination
> "Not carrying an item that you need isn't discrimination. Discrimination would be if we had turned you away at the front door."
Thank fuck a manager didn't hear me say that.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 665x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 665x639px
>>8765193
>At register one day, not too busy so I'm just chatting with a coworker until a customer approaches with a basket
>Ringing things out, everything's usual right up until tomatoes
>"These are fresh tomatoes?"
>"Yes, sir. We take great care in making sure our produce is as fresh as possible"
>Smells the tomatoes, figure that's kinda odd but if he's buying them then whatever
>"Here. You smell"
>Nah I'm good
>Guy proceeds to take a big fucking bite out of one of the tomatoes as though it were an apple
>WAT
>mfw he tries to offer me a bite
>"No, not fresh. Put back"
>Tell manager what just happened
>Turns out he's known for being a senile old fuck
>Turns out he started a shouting match with one of the security guards over basically nothing
>>
Walmart guy again. Ive got a few of these stories. Not sure if I can be bothered to greentext them though.

I once had a guy come through my register, said he wanted to pay with a credit card.
> Waiting for him to get his card
> He does nothing
> "The pinpad is right here sir"
> Still nothing
> "Chip in the bottom, sir"
> He tells me, as if this is normal and obvious, "Well I don't have it ON me!"
> "... That's going to be a problem, sir."
> Angrily complains about how Walmart "makes you jump through hoops."
>>
>worked at a Dairy Queen in high school
>some stupid bitch came through the drive thru livid about her chili cheese dog order bring wrong....
>...............that she ordered at another Dairy Queen.
>>
>ordered a McDouble with mac sauce
>it didn't come with mac sauce
>take it up and tell them
>they make me another
>they let me keep the first one
>I just threw it outside for the birds on the way out
>>
>>8765196
I know this feeling, let me share a similar experience

>Warm summer morning, enjoying the peace and quiet in the store
>"Hey anon, a customer needs to to bring a motorized scooter to their car, their license plate is XXX-YYYY"
>Go about doing the job, figure it's probably an elderly person doing their morning shopping or an injured person
>Pull up to door and instantly hit with the most foul and sickening smell I could have expected. I'm surprised the metal of the car didn't instantly rust when I opened the door
>Worse than the time my mother tried to make a few dozen jars of sauerkraut and didn't seal the jars properly so all the cabbage just rotted and stank like a corpse
>This fucking behemoth of a person probably weighed at least 500 lbs
>"Can't you get closer?! I can't move that far!"
>The scooter is almost touching the car
>I come to the horrible conclusion that I might have to help this thing onto its scooter
>Grab the hand in the seemingly least threatening area
>Feels like a sweaty foam mattress covered in clammy skin
>As this monster slides into the cart I breathe a sigh of relief
>"Why isn't it moving?!"
>Weight limit on the cart tripped
>We had to call the fucking fire department to get this fat sack of shit off it
>>
>Finished up ringing an order
>"Do you guys accept Apple Pay?"

This is a grocery store, not a gay bar.
>>
>>8765252
> Doing price changes one day, price of the item is going up. I have to cut the old price off of the price tag with a pair of scissors before putting the price sticker on
> Customer sees me doing this
> Gets very angry, yells at me very loudly, tells me that what I'm doing is highly illegal
> "...Are you honestly unaware of the existence of inflation? There is nothing illegal about this."
> He complains to a manager
> Manager tells him that it's not illegal but that he would sell him the item at the old price
> He never even wanted the item
Retail will make you hate people
>>
File: 1461779039778.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461779039778.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>8762456
>espresso is 80% milk
>>
>>8765299
Neat story, but the problem with my customer wasn't his weight, it was that he actually believed that not carrying his size was discrimination. Are we supposed to carry every conceivable size just in case a customer needs it?
>>
working there
>>
>>8765318
> Bunch of kids throwing a ball around the toy department
> Ball comes straight at me. To their credit, I'm pretty sure they didn't throw it at me deliberately.
> Perfect catch.
> "You know, the weather's great today, and there's a park real close to here with plenty of space. I'd be happy to open up the register at the cosmetics counter and ring this through for you. You won't even have to wait in line."
> Kids look intimidated, leave.
Problem solved.
>>
>>8765345
Oh I know, but this one wasn't much better.

How the fuck does one get that fat?
>>
People dump tons of shit into their coffe while i just make the strongest espresso i am able to create and drink a normal cup of it
>>
>>8765318
>Retail will make you hate people

Fucking this. I once worked in the paint department at a hardware store. I had a woman come in and ask me:

"If I paint my baseboards this color (holds up a color sample), will it make the band on my wristwatch look too wide?"
>>
>>8765387
Dunno. I mean, we get alot of people who ask for sizes so big that we don't carry them, but the usual reaction is usually something along the lines of "oh well, thanks anyways". I have no problems with these customers.
>>
Jimmy John's does not toast subs. No Jimmy John's toasts its subs. There are no toasters in Jimmy John's. You literally cannot ever get your sub toasted at any Jimmy John's anywhere ever. This is a core incompetency of our shitty fast food chain, it is what makes JJ's what it is.
This does not stop people from demanding that you toast their sub for them (presumably by sticking it down the front of my pants and using my crotch heat to toast the sub because, as I have mentioned, we do not have a toaster).
And then when you say, "I can't do that," they get offended and say, "But the Jimmy John's near my house toasts subs."
No, ma'am, they abso-fucking-lutely do not.

Also, people who walk in past the big sign out by the parking lot that says Jimmy John's, walk toward the big sign that says Jimmy John's, walk through the door that says Jimmy John's, and approach the fucking counter with the fucking menu board that says fucking JJ's and ask the person in the fucking Jimmy John's uniform, "Is this Jimmy John's?"
No, sir, this is a Sonic, we're using camouflage.

And finally, the shits who try to pay with a $100 bill for a $10 meal and get irritated when I don't have change in my drawer.
>>
>>8765405
Oh man, every day, the thousands of dumb questions. Half the time the answer is right there on the box.

Speaking of boxes, the fucking customers who think it's just okay to open up the boxes, then act surprised when you tell them they can't do that. Then they buy an unopened box. Sometimes there's even a display model, or a box that was already opened by another fucktard customer, and they still feel the need to open another one.

A woman once asked me if a pair of high heels were comfortable. "Yes they are, I have a pair of those myself at home. How did you know that I'm a drag queen on the weekends?"
>>
>>8765435
The JJ's in my town does toast subs
>>
>>8765521
You are a lying whore and I will end you.
>>
Kek! I'm lmaoing at your wageslave lives lmao. Can't wait till automation fucks you all over
>>
>>8765584
Can't wait till your mum dies and your NEET ass gets thrown out on the street.
>>
If anyone here works at Subway, I gotta ask, is there a policy stating that when a customer uses a buy-one-get-one-free coupon to upgrade a six-inch into a footlong, that you have to make them as separate six-inches, even when they're exactly the same?

Walmart guy again, got a story from a customer POV.

> At Subway. Before ordering, I hand him my two-for-one coupon and explain that I want to use it to upgrade a six-inch into a footlong.
> Tells me that he can't do that
> Im polite as can be. After all, perhaps I read the coupon wrong? "Oh, I'm sorry, did I misread the coupon? Is it expired?"
> "This coupon allows you to get 2 6inches for the price of one"
> "Right. They're both for me. They will both be exactly the same. So you may as well just make one footlong."
> "This coupon does not get you a foot long. It's a two for one."
> Utterly bewildered, I just go along with it, ordering two identical 6inches and politely informing him from the start that they will be identical.
> as if to spite me, instead of using a full sized bun, he uses the half-bun from a previous customer's 6inch order and then cuts a second bun of the same bread type in half for my other 6inch
> After finishing my first 6inch, he asks me what I want on the second. Again, I politely inform him that the second sandwich is identical. He makes my second sandwich separately instead of saving himself some effort by making one footlong
> He actually asks me what sauces I want on my second one. To be fair though, he may have simply forgot what I asked for on the first.

Next week I go back, there's someone else working there, but the same scenario plays out again.
>>
>>8765617
You were in the wrong, your coupon was for 2 six inches, not a 12 inch
>>
>>8765621
6 × 2 = 12
>>
>>8765617
He was technically correct, I guess.
Although a footlong is cheaper than two six inchers because there is more labor (and therefore labor cost and longer turnover time) involved in making two six-inchers, and that half a roll may end up as wastage, and generally it would have made more sense to just do the upgrade, but whatever.

Could also be the manager was watching. Some managers are complete dicks about stuff that makes no sense. Part of why, back when I worked retail, I prefered night shifts. So long as everything adds up by the time the manager shows up, it doesn't matter what exactly you may or may not have done.
>>
>>8765645
And that's what you got. 6x2.

They are different items, you didn't have a coupon for half off a 12in. Say I had a coupon for BOGO refried beans. I pick out the container with twice as many beans as the one indicated on the coupon and attempt to debate with the cashier about how she should just charge me for one of the small cans since "it's the same amount of food anyway". Do you think this is acceptable?
>>
File: 46464.png (509KB, 532x399px) Image search: [Google]
46464.png
509KB, 532x399px
I drink exclusively vanilla iced coffees
>>
>>8765656
That's different. Those items would have two different UPCs. There's no barcode on a sandwich. The sandwiches are not prepacked in different containers.

... Am I being trolled here?
>>
I work an auto parts retail usually delivery driver but I fill in on the counter occasionally. It's more or less the same types of shit and stupid questions like grocery stores. But probably the absolute worst is the Homegrown mechanics who have absolutely no fucking clue what they are even doing.

"I want this part."
I explained the park does not fit the application but they insist I sell it to them anyways.
They come back within the next couple days and return the part buying the original recommended one.
>>
>>8765670
>there is no barcode on a sandwich
How the hell do you think they keep track of inventory? When you buy it, it goes into the system as the item it is, not the combination of 2 items.
You think McDonalds will give you a large fry if you have a coupon for BOGO small fries?
>>
>>8765692
Do you think it physically has to be two six inch sandwiches for them to ring it up as such?
The fry analogy doesn't work because the packaging at subway is literally identical for a 6" or a 12".

Fucking autism I swear to god
>>
>>8765731
You are the one with autism. What difference does it make if you get one sandwich or two? You had the coupon for 2 sandwiches and went on a sperg spree because you wanted 1.

You get the item on your coupon, it's not valid in any other form. You don't get a 12in for the price of a 6in, that's not what the fucking thing said.
>>
File: 1490912280839.jpg (67KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1490912280839.jpg
67KB, 557x605px
>>8765307
Top kek
>>
>>8765692
No, but again, this is different. Is an order of large fries exactly twice as much as 2 orders of small fries? I don't know. Also, they use different containers. Maybe it's important that the number of containers used matches the orders sent out? Probably not, but maybe it does, I don't know. A footlong and two six inches use the exact same amounts of the exact same ingredients and packaging. I would have been fine with him wrapping the two halves separately like two 6inches, in fact that's what I'd expect. And no, subway sandwiches do not have barcodes. There's some sort of code that they put it, but they don't scan anything. There's nothing to stop him from making both subs at once and putting it into the system as two 6inches with a BOGO coupon. The end result is exactly the same, except doing them both at the same time saves me time and saves him both time and effort.

This is completely different from both examples you gave.
>>
>>8765736
Sperg spree? I carefully worded my post to make it clear that I was polite the entire time. Just bewildered.
>>
>>8765692
There is no reason it couldn't be rung up as two seperate items despite being prepared as one.
>>
>>8765765
You felt the need to post the story on 4chan and REEEEE that you got 2 sandwiches instead of 1.

>>8765768
Similarly, there is no reason to prepare it as one item when the offer is clearly for two smaller items.

>>8765755
>The end result is exactly the same
but it isn't, you said
>he uses the half-bun from a previous customer's 6inch order and then cuts a second bun of the same bread type in half for my other 6inch
If he had made you a footlong there would have been a less fresh 6in loaf sitting on the shelf for longer, and if I had to guess I'd bet that's against policy.
>>
>>8762403
I, too, worked in a shitty Starbucks-like cafe. Some people I worked with don't even drink coffee containing beverages. You can guess, what quality their drinks are...
Tbh, they can't do anything wrong. The beans used are shit, the machine and grinder aren't adjusted at all and the bosses don't know anything about coffee at all.
Our customers order stuff like an decaf. Soy Milk Roché Macchiato (latte macchiato with Nutella and Hazelnutsirup inside, cream, chocolate syrup and hazelnut on top).
I'm glad I have an machine with E61 brew group, a good grinder and good beans at home and don't have to deal with that anymore.
>>
>>8765784
Actually, I'll concede that your point about the half-bun being left out for longer actually makes sense. This is probably exactly why they were made separately, now that I think of it. The rest of your points are still shit though.

Congrats, you're only 66% retarded.
>>
Motherfucking sandniggers.

I work at a 5 guys and I die inside every time I see a muslim guy with his family walk in the store.

>walk in 10 minutes before close
>we cook the bacon on the grill so we have to clean it every time one of these fuckers comes in since they can't eat pork
>always order "beef burger" because saying hamburger like a normal person would send them to hell
>only buy food for him and his wife NEVER for his children, who survive on the free peanuts in the store.
>never tips

Every time it's close to closing and we see one of these guys come up to the store now we just throw a ton of bacon on the grill and they turn around and go home, fucking hilarious.

Also, I had this mom come in with her poor kid and on this day I nearly quit my fucking job. This nigress comes in with her kid and her kid is so pale he looks like a white person, and looks totally sick. This mother walks up and orders a hamburger and nothing for her kid. The kid immediately vomits all over the floor. I just hand her some paper towels to clean it up, it's her fucking kid and I'll go out and bleach it later. Mind you, there are other customers in the store that now have to smell and look at vomit. She cleans it up and is waiting on her food and this kid is all over this box of peanuts, leaning on it and coughing into it and he vomits again right into a whole box of peanuts. Again, in front of customers.

Another guy put in his order and then asked if the peanuts were free, and I told him yes since he was a paying customer. The guy eats and then the next thing I know this guy is walking out the store with a whole fucking box of peanuts and I had to chase him down before he got to his car.

Working in the food service industry has made me lose all hope in the future of humanity, but of course you'd have to be crazy to spend 12 bucks on a fucking hamburger.
>>
>>8765731
>packaging is the same

Two sandwiches equals more packaging and more cost.

>>8765784
There is a reason: it is cheaper and faster to make one sandwich than two.
Especially because of labor. One of the key metrics that fast food restaurants use is the average amount of time between the customer bellying up to the counter and lurching away with their order. This metric is tracked in fractions of a second, meaning that every second you can save on each order is better performance, in many cases represented by bigger bonuses (for management).

>there would have been a less fresh 6in loaf sitting on the shelf for longer

This is the only possible justification, but it would only apply IF the half roll was nearing the end of its shelf life AND shelf life for halfrolls is different than shelf life for wholerolls AND the employee was thinking about which metric (customer wait time vs wastage) was more important that month.
>>
>>8765850
>always order "beef burger" because saying hamburger like a normal person would send them to hell

kek
>>
>>8765847
>>8765862
At the end of the day it's up to the franchise and by extension it's employees to decide how they want to package their food and structure their coupon deals. This is such a non-issue it's baffling.
>>
>>8765875
A friend of mine there corrected them once and said "You mean a hamburger?" and the guy said "NO, NO HAM"
>>
>>8765898
>this is such a non-issue

Then why the fuck are you arguing it.
>>
>>8765914
Why post a complaint about it in the first place
>>
>>8765862
>Two sandwiches equals more packaging and more cost.
I meant the packaging for a 6" vs a 12", it's not like McDonald's where the small fries and large fries have different packaging and so then you'd have inventory issues and such.

So the worker was basically autistic, he could have just made a single sandwich and it would be literally the same as making the two separately. He just made more work for himself due to (possibly corporate) autism.
>>
>>8765736
I'm not the original guy you were arguing with, just felt like chiming in and pointing put that your analogy is incorrect.
>>
>>8765784
>Similarly, there is no reason to prepare it as one item when the offer is clearly for two smaller items.
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>8765935
Are you literally retarded?

You didn't even make a point.
>>
are you retards still going on about the fucking sandwiches like anyone gives a fuck?
>>
>>8765940
My point is the point you made is fucking retarded.
No point to making it as one item? It's quicker and easier, and less wasteful. There is absolutely no reason to make it as two separate items, even though the coupon is for two separate items, because the two add up exactly to the one and can be rung up as separate items regardless.

Autist genocide can't come soon enough.
>>
>>8765949
>There is absolutely no reason to make it as two separate items
try reading
>he uses the half-bun from a previous customer's 6inch order and then cuts a second bun of the same bread type in half for my other 6inch
If he had made you a footlong there would have been a less fresh 6in loaf sitting on the shelf for longer, and if I had to guess I'd bet that's against policy.
>>
>>8765955
>blah blah blah
but if he had ordered a footlong that half bun would still be there so who gives a fuck. Not like anyone would know, the bread, again, does not have fucking barcodes on it.
Though when the autistic worker insisted on making 2 six inch sandwiches he obviously could have chosen a different bread that was not previously cut.
>>
>>8765965
>it doesn't make sense if I just ignore it :)
okay buddy, call me when it's your Subway and you make decisions
>>
>>8765925
6 inch requires two sandwich sheets, 12 inch requires one sandwich sheet.

>>8765920
I didn't. I have more pride than to work at wallyworld.
Although, I am questioning certain life choices having joined in this argument in the first place.
>>
>>8762456
>espresso
>80% milk

that, pleb, is known as a café latté
>>
Original sandwich story poster here. The strangest thing about it was that the guy just didn't acknowledge it at all. If I was the one making the sandwiches and I had to make them separately because of company policy, I would have levelled with the customer and told him that I have to do it this way because of company policy. And my response would have been "Oh, okay, I understand completely. I don't want to get you in trouble. Do what you gotta do."
>>
>>8765521
It's not nice to lie
>>
File: 1490721793751.jpg (6KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
1490721793751.jpg
6KB, 226x226px
>>8762403

I notice whenever I order my coffee black I get like, double-triple checked on it

>black please
>no milk/sugar/hazelnut/vanilla/creamer/cum/stevia?
>no, black is fine
>room for cream?
>>
File: 1487560468827.png (257KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487560468827.png
257KB, 601x400px
>>8762403
>>8762472

>be sitting in Waffle House at lunch
>eat my food and shut the fuck up
>glance over at waitress
>she's holding a coffe with fair amount of milk
>proceeds to tip over the sugar container in it for about 5-7 seconds before serving

America sure is a fucking experience
>>
>>8762482

I'm not american, so I always answer yes to this shit, but I assume you would hold up the entire line to find whatever item I didn't manage to pick out myself, right?

I've noticed service personel in the US would rather kill themselves rather then let you miss out on some offer or product. I bought something that was 2 for 1 and didn't really want the extra, but the cashier really insisted I get the extra. Shit even the lady behind me in line insisted on it.
>>
>>8767207
those are really valid questions though

some people like to do their own cream
>>
File: 1475797837789.png (479KB, 735x697px) Image search: [Google]
1475797837789.png
479KB, 735x697px
>>8767221
>visits america
>goes to a waffle house
>>
>>8767234
kek. 'Murricans will accept a sack of dogshit if it's free. My wife and I ( both americans btw) joke about that all the time.
>>
>>8767259

Well, I travel a lot on the job, and I don't know how it is in the north, but in the south all the hotels are located by the highway and all the fast food chains. Shit, sometimes those places are pretty much the "city".

Besides, I kinda like Waffle House, it's a very straight-up place to eat. Nothing fancy and almost unpleasant, but you don't have to interact with anyone.
>>
>>8767221
>Waffle House
>Waitress holding coffee with milk
What fucking Waffle House are you going to that doesn't just pour black coffee into your mug and leave sugar/creamer on the table?
>>
>>8767294

Shit, I dunno. Might have been her own or something.
>>
Starbucks employee. Yeah this is fucking insane. The frappaccinos are ridiculous
>>
>>8765900
Should've smeared the undersides of the buns with lard and sent them all to fucking Hell.
>>
>>8767234
I really don't give two fucks and a Popsicle what you buy. I'm just making sure if you wanted something and needed it but didn't know where it was, I could direct you to it. What makes you think I would leave my register for your stupid ass? You're not English royalty, you're the same average fuck as the rest of us. Walk your ass over to what you need after I was kind enough to tell you what it was.
>>
>>8767738
If the guy said yes, and you pointed him towars the appropriate product, it would still stall the damn line. Even worse, because one of the things I realized while working retail is that in most cases it is faster just to go and get it for the damn idiot who couldn't find the fucking vermouth.

And I say this as someone who has been on both sides of the equation.
>>
>>8767767
>If the guy said yes, and you pointed him towars the appropriate product, it would still stall the damn line.

Do you want that extra 13 seconds of your life back?
>>
>>8767782
>implying it would take seconds
>implying seconds don't matter

As I said, I've been on both sides of this equation.
>>
anyone remember foreverkailyn?
https://youtu.be/gKhkowmSyq0
>>
>>8765830
OP here. I just recently got a job at a third wave and I'm so happy I don't have to deal with this anymore. Most of my coworkers see this as just a job and their drinks are shit. They resteam milk, don't clean the steam wand, and let their shots die every single fucking time. Don't get me started on the customers either

>"uhh lemme getta vanilla bean frappuccino"
>passion tea lemonade with 15 pumps of sweetener
>upside down caramel macchiatos with extra caramel drizzle
>>
>tfw brew pure coffee every single goddamn day and drink it

good
>>
>>8765318
>> He never even wanted the item

What the fuck...
>>
>>8765850
>>never tips

God I'm glad my country doesn't have this stupid tipping culture...
>>
>>8762403
I worked at Dunkin Donuts. A regular amount of anything (syrup, sugar, or cream) is 2 in a small, 3 in a medium, 4 in a large, 5 in an XL. A swirl has enough sweetness in it, that you really don't need cream or sugar if you get it. A customer came through drive thru once and ordered a medium hot coffee, 6 extra cream, 6 extra sugar, and 8 extra swirl. When we gave it to her, she complained it wasn't sweet enough. Repeat this twice, she had over 20 shots of swirl in there, and probably about that much cream and sugar. We later received a complaint that we were gypping our customers of swirl. That was about a year ago. She's probably dead now.

>>8762482
I never fucking understood this. I worked in a really shitty part of town so I got plenty of ebonics and similar, but a handful of regulars spoke not a word of English. Always came in by themselves, always wanted something different, and was always annoyed at us for not understanding them. So fucking obnoxious.

>>8764304
>Not stirring macchiatos
Dunkin Donuts? I feel like most other places, if your customer is ordering a macchiato, they know what to expect. When I worked at Dunkin, we had a big fucking sign, showing an unstirred macchiato, but about every third time you gave the customer one, they'd either hand it back to you and tell you to stir it, or give you a death stare and tell do it themselves. One time in drive thru as she was stirring it it fell all over her lap and pretty much the entire front of her car. I had to go to the back to not laugh right in her face.
>>
>>8762692
Indians haggle, asians pick all the coupons off quick-sale items and put them on shit that doesn't even expire.

>sorry ma'am but this coupon is for our food items only
>DON'T UNDERSTAND NO ENGLISH
>>
File: dg.jpg (57KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
57KB, 600x488px
>>8765318
>He never even wanted the item
IT HURTS SO GOOD
>>
File: good jaaaaab.jpg (305KB, 1198x1198px) Image search: [Google]
good jaaaaab.jpg
305KB, 1198x1198px
I got to call the police on this one hambeast because there were no free scooters and she didn't want to just sit on the bench and wait for one like all the patient elderly people, so she ended up following this pregnant woman using one, yelling at her for riding it to her car, and literally fucking grabbed her and shoved her off of it and threw her bags out of the basket. The cops rolled up as she was struggling to push the armrests up so she could fit on it. The mom had a broken wrist but other than that she and the proto-kid were fine.
>>
>Working as a barista
>Fatass asks for fucking marshmallows in his espresso
>>
>>8765111
On a similar note
>A Dunkin Donuts was built on the main street of the very ghetto town I work in
>it's entirely employed by the local rabble who live down the street
>constantly hear stories or experience their screw ups
>co-worker ordered a small coffee with 1 sugar and received one with 21 sugars that looked like sludge

Sometimes we wind up getting extra coffees and pastries we don't ask for in our orders though, which is nice
>>
I feel like cashiers should be given the right from their employers to tell people who bring 25+ items into a 20 items or less line to fuck off. Like okay you can let them pass if they go 1-2 over the limit and didn't know it, but theres a reason we have the 20 item line.
>>
>>8769203
Being obese is a mental handicap, you're addicted to sugar and fat and society is supposed to call you beautiful and cater to you. If I was that woman's husband I would find that planet of a person and break their fucking legs, give them a real reason to use a scooter.
>>
>>8765850
Im late to this but why the fuck would someone tip someone at Five Guys? You get paid regular wage.
>>
>>8769286
We had to stop everything that we were doing and clean the grill for this sandnigger and he can't fish out a few bucks for all the extra work we have to do for him?

If I provide someone with extra service, I should get tipped.
>>
>>8769243
>customer brings a full trolley to the 10 items or less line
>politely inform them the main queue is just over there, sir
>receive an earful

>customer brings a full basket to the 10 items or less line
>still ring them up but politely inform them 'just so you know for next time, sir, this line is for ten items or less *empty smile*' as per policy
>receive an earful

>customer brings a full basket to the 10 items or less line
>ring them up and ignore the policy because i can't be arsed with it and it's quiet right now
>receive an earful from the next person in line for letting them through

imagine the hassle that would be saved if people had the good sense to follow the signs all around them. imagine! but no, you can never win
>>
>>8769313
>Working the handicap only lane
>Woman with her uncontrolled kid running around grabbing things comes through
>"You don't have any customers, just ring me up"
>She has TWO full carts
>Manager called in, shitstorm of the century
>People pull their phones out
>Manager tells me to just do it and I can take a break without clocking when I'm done
>Fine, fair deal, whatever. I take her fucking order
>Halfway through the first cart this old lady with a cane and one of our handbaskets walks up behind the bitch
>Basket only has a bottle of water and three TV dinners but her arm is shaking
>To the bitch I say "Ma'am would you mind just pulling your cart up a bit so she can put her basket down"
>"I'll move when my order is done."
>Look at the little old lady like "I'm sorry ma'am, there's a bench right over here, I'll help you as soon as I'm done with this order"
>This badass old harpy says "No that's fine, someone has to keep an eye on these two retards until their handler gets back from jacking off in the toy aisle."
>I fucking lose HARD, bitch screams for the manager again
>More shitfitting, manager also laughs when she tells him what the old woman said, bitch loses her goddamn mind
>Leaves her entire order and grabs her child as he's rubbing his cheek on the door of the soft drink mini fridge and drags him screaming out of the store
>Manager rings up the old lady's order for her as she sits down
>Gives her a $10 gift card
Her name was Eleanor and I hope she lives to be 200.
>>
>>8769349
Kek
>>
>>8769349
Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>8769349
"someone has to keep an eye on these two retards until their handler gets back from jacking off in the toy aisle."

This. Shit like this is why I keep coming back to this cancer of a website.

Old people can be awesome when they manage to avoid dementia.
>>
>>8762403
Fucking hell, black is the only way to go with coffee.
>>
>>8769399
Based grandma
>>
>>8769243
>>8769313

I have, with no exaggeration, had two ladies come with 200 items. They thought it was an ordinary register. Needless to say, the people behind them and myself were pissed off

>Working express, shit's chill
>Changing receipt paper roll so I'm not actively paying attention to who's coming, but notice someone pull up
>"Hello, how are you t-"
>Items over the top of the cart
>Some Filipino ladies, for whatever reason, needed 100 tins of corned beef and 100 boxes of saltine crackers
>People getting mad even though this isn't as bad as it could've been since they had a lot of items with the same UPC
>Kindly remind them that this register is only for up to 20 items
>One of them pipes up in the goofiest accent "Oh I thot eet was reguler regeester!"
>Think "Who are you fucking kidding? There's a sign in front of the registers"
>>
>>8769181
Some days it's like the only word they know is "KOO-PAWN"
>>
>>8769181
>Indians haggle
GOD, do they ever. I can't stand customers FOB from trade countries. They don't understand companies, corporations, corporate policy, chain of command, shit like that.
>Discount?
>No fucker I'll get fired
>I not tell anybody :)
>I have a microphone and camera attached to my register and everything entered into this scanner and the scanners and cameras pointed at your cart contents is entered into a big computer and it's all monitored by very important people all the time and if I want to change the price of anything I have to have a manager enter a special code into this register and explain why I need it and if I lie about it to give you "deeskownt" I'll get fired and you'll get arrested
>customer stares blankly
Hope it was worth the exit visa, fucker.
>>
I just make Dunkin Donuts brand coffee in my shitty machine.
>>
>>8769158
It's a Starbucks "branded solution" so even worse than an actual fucking Starbucks since we have about a quarter of the menu and my work place kisses customer ass like no other, so people know that they can walk all over us. Recently I had a lady almost have a panic attack because our cream and sugar is self serve and she realized she had to actually pour cream in herself.

>"b-but Starbucks ALWAYS knows how much I like!"

I told her, "only you know best how much you like, ma'am, that's why we have it out there for you to do yourself" and she just stood there hyperventilating as I walked away from the window.

Also most of our customers are insufferable and know nothing about coffee. I have people complain about cappuccinos frequently, because they either wanted a frappuccino or a latte. People also order caramel macchiatos expecting them to be really sugary like a caramel frap but then complain and ask for extra syrup.
>>
>work rotisserie area
>shelf would have 10+ chickens on the shelf that came out within an hour
>multiple people standing around
>"we'll wait for a fresh one"

>all the customers who are pleased with their shopping say nothing
>the one dickhole that didn't get the right flavored apple would unload complaints onto us like it's our fault they're a dipshit

>retards not knowing the difference between a freezer and a cooler
>customer asks for product, usually bratwurst
>tell them they stay in the freezer if they're not on the shelf
>go get some for them
>"oh I didn't want them frozen"
>>
>>8770081
I don't want frozen meat either homie
>>
>>8765850
If it were anyone else, fuck your tip. But I say extort every sandnigger that walks in.
>>
People who waste food
>>
>>8765095
maybe making out with someone while they administer a comfy warm coffee enema would be on par.
>>
>Customers that complain about their food and want a replacement despite having eaten all of it
>>
>>8762456
what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>8770373
He's sperging out because he's a wannabe coffee elitist.

He's complaining about espresso drinks like lattes even though OP never once said that he liked lattes.
>>
>>8769303
No, you sound entitled.

You don't deserve a tip for doing your job, here's a tip though: get a new fucking job if you don't like it.
>>
EAT THE FOOD YOU ORDERED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8770290
Seems like at least once a week someone loads up a shopping cart with meat and then abondons it. Makes me absolutely furious. They either don't know that we have to throw it all out, or don't care.

While this isn't nearly as bad, I was behind the customer service desk once and saw 3 jumbo boxes of Rice Krispies. The claims slip said "didn't like it" as the reason for return. What kind of rock do you have to live under to not know wtf you're getting when you buy Rice Krispies?

Customers who buy camping equipment on a friday and then return it all next monday. Every fucking weekend during camping season.
>>
>>8762403
Old people. They're not as intrusive when it's during the weekday. tuesday-wednesday-thursday they do the least amount of clogging, because most people are at work (and then most people think they're smart by "being sick" on monday/friday for a three day weekend)

But they're just so god damn oblivious to things. They never have their payment method ready, credit cards have been out for over FOUR decades and they can't figure it out, or can't read the machine (shouldn't be driving to the store then, fuck face) and I have to hold up the line to help them.
They stand in the middle of the aisle just perfectly that you can't get around either side of them with your cart of shit to put back in its place.
just, god damn it should be illegal for these people to leisurely browse and try to small talk anybody near them. That's why they go out on weekends, because actual working people do grocery shopping on their days off. They have a better chance to tell an unfunny joke for the thirtieth time, to hopefully get to use the "ah it didn't scan, guess it's FREE THEN!"
>>
>>8770473
>Customers who buy camping equipment on a friday and then return it all next monday. Every fucking weekend during camping season.
I did this with a graphics card while mine was being sent out for repairs, it's like a $260 deposit to rent one for 3 months but they even refund the tax so it's free as long as you bring it back to a store.
>>
>>8762403
you're ordering fifty dollars worth of fucking pizza and related sides, just get a regular soda because diet is not going to make anything better. type 1 diabetes? fair enough but you shouldn't be eating this shit anyway.
>>
Retail
>customer looking for product on same isle as me
>they keep glancing over at me and back at the shelf
>they do this for 5 minutes speaking out loud about how they cant find what they are after, uming and aring louderand louder
>make eye contact
>they still wont simply fucking ask
>they leave in the end or find what they was after themselves
Same shit happens when im stacking shelves in the way, customers will just awkwardly make attempts to reach for the product knowing damnwell they wont reach it hoping i notice and move.
I know i am a shitty employee, but holy shit i hate people who clearly need help but dont ask, like fuck im not going to approach you and help if you do stupid shit for my attention instead of just fucking asking me.
On the food service thing i did work a bar once, one customer would ask for his beer without foam because he got more beer, yes my manager made me overflow the foam to get the beer right up to the rim for this guy every drink, same guy also requested something to snack on with each drink, just a small amount, then he would refuse to pay for the snack, as he claimed it came with the drink and was so small, my manager was an idiot and the bar shut down withih months due to literally giving beer away to sneaky customers.
>>
>>8770571
It's basically just tasty water, instead of all the empty calories in regular soda. Why do you even care?
>>
people that skip the drive thru menu board and go straight to the window
Everytime it happens I walk off and let them wait for a couple minutes
>>
>>8765435
>we're using camouflage

you are a good person and my friend.
>>
>>8770642
this thread is about pet peeves, nowhere was it stated they had to be rational as pet peeves rarely are.
>>
>>8769569
If you do sales with flexible pricing always charge more for Indians, that way you can come down a bit and they think they are fucking you and be satisfied. Or better yet just dont work for Indians at all
>>
File: IMG_0270.jpg (50KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0270.jpg
50KB, 450x600px
>>8763195
McDonald's is worse because you have every breed of person walking in. I remember wageslaving in highschool at a mcdicks too because it paid better than some jobs. We had the fattest people walk in an order a ton of shit, then the skinniest people walk in and order a burger without the meat. The fat people would always get Diet Coke. Single moms were the worst, they felt they were entitled to the whole McDonald's. One time an entire schoolbus of retarded kids got off and it took an hour to order for all of them. Then since we were near a military base we had marines, and because I later joined up I know how retarded marines could be when they were bored. A vegetarian once came in and lectured me about meat and proceeded to order the vegetarian items. I think the one that pissed me off the most was when a landwhale's gut broke the table and he complained to us that the table "wasn't her size."
>>
>some lady tries to bring her small dog into the store
>says it's a service dog
>doesn't have service dog badge
>point out this fact and tell her she has to leave it outside
>she starts screaming hysterically
>end up having to call the police
>>
>>8770993
you sound like a prick
>>
>>8771048
>bringing a dog into an establishment that prepares food, let alone one in which it is currently my responsibility to enforce company policy
no
>>
File: 20160717_153328.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160717_153328.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8770993
Goddamn dude, wtf harm was there in a small dog she had under control? You sound like a power tripping faggot that can't see anything except through the lens of solipsism.

t. Put down a 17 yo dog a week ago and still feel pain.
>>
>>8771122
stores are responsible for people having allergic reaction to people's pets, or they poop and cause a slip n fall, dog hair near food, bark or bite people, etc.
>>
>>8771122
You don't bring fucking animals into restaurants. Wtf is wrong with you.
Never mind that if I allowed such a basic policy violation to happen on my watch and another customer rightfully complained about it, I could easily have lost my job.
Did you also miss the part where she lied about it being a service animal and then required physical removal.
>>
File: IMG_1163.jpg (115KB, 780x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1163.jpg
115KB, 780x820px
>>8770993
>>8771058
>>8770993
>>8771058

Service dogs don't require any badge or anything. Generally speaking though, if it is a small breed dog it is probably fake, but not always. Also, be very careful how you enforce these policies. The only questions you're allowed to ask are if the dog is a service animal, and what tasks it is trained to perform, and this is only if it is not obvious what the dog does. If the dog is causing a disruption or acts aggressive at all you can have the animal removed at that point as well.

I have a genuine disdain for people who fake service animals, and this case you were probably right, but again, be careful because it is a major lawsuit if you are wrong.
>>
>>8771122
man, I had to put my dog down in January and I still get torn up about it. Worst I've felt in a long long time
>>
>>8771122
Meta signing your posts is for fags. No one gives a shit about your life experiences on this himalayan rock salt miner's anonymous image sharing web application. You didn't deserve that dog and I'm glad
>>
>>8771058
kind of assumed you worked at grocery store, why call it a store in your greentext if it's a restaurant
>>
>>8770363
I had a motherfucker return one of those fully cooked chickens a few days ago. The tray was full of chicken meat. No body, no wings, no bones. Just some meat. The return receipt said "it was pink in the middle" but none of the meat looked pink.
I'm still confused about it.
>>
>>8765138
You just gave me a fantastic idea for a Papers, Please clone!
>>
>>8771122
just get a new one

>>8771187
you seem upset, wanna talk about it?
>>
>>8765086
I don't give a shit what people like. It bothers me that a ton of bitches claim to love coffee and act like experts when all they drink is frappes from starbucks.
>>
>OMG I Looooooove Coffee
>Proceeds to boil water and serve instant coffee with three spoons of sugar and two spoons of coffee creamer
>>
I don't get people that say REEEEE YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE COFFEE IF YOU DRINK IT BLACK REEEE

Imagine if the same applied to any other food, like I like spinach but I'm not going to just eat it plain, I'm going to use salt, garlic, and olive oil but REEE YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE SPINACH THEN REEEEEE

I don't understand people that put caramel cum hazelnut frappamochiatto bullshit in coffee to the point you don't taste coffee at all, like claiming you like spinach but then putting it in a smoothie with so much sugar it's impossible to taste spinach.

As long as you can still taste the coffee I think you can say that you like coffee, but don't sperg out at me for putting cream and cinnamon in mine.
>>
>>8762751
I can't wait to be old so I can get a pass on being am asshole.
>>
>>8770993
Good. I fucking hate those purse dogs and anyone who likes them. You should've strangled that walking chicken wing she called a "dog" and told her to leave.
>>
File: 1489341687091.png (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489341687091.png
51KB, 512x512px
>But my (insert store name) does it.
Well bitch, this isn't your fucking store SO STOP FUCKING WHINING ABOUT IT, YOU STUPID FUCKING INBRED CUNT.
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 137x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 137x180px
>>8771340
>play Papers, Please
>"Neat little game but I doubt it has any real life application"
>mfw both my jobs thus far have had aspects relating directly to the exact same objective as papers please
>>
>>8771591
>Cream and cinnamon

Interesting combination, do you just strain out the powder or let it brew with the sticks?
>>
>>8771915
>yeah can i get american on that
>We dont carry american cheese here
>well subway does
BITCH GO TO FUCKING SUBWAY THEN
>>
> working drive-thru at Tim Hortons
> snowing, bitch ordering from the passenger side of the car
> "Hi can I get a ~!@#?"
> "I'm sorry, can you repeat that for me?"
> "I SAID I WANT A FUCKING 12x12. TWELVE CREAM, TWELVE SUGAR. WHY DOES EVERYONE ASK ME THAT?"

Maybe cause that's not a fucking coffee anymore, you whore.
Also you decided to order it across the car over the wind instead of getting your fucking husband to order it for you.
>>
>>8762472
Nobody does that outside of your mind. Go out into the real world and get a gf instead of playing out your autistic fantasies on a Laotian spoon bending forum.
>>
File: 1251429836597.jpg (21KB, 264x275px) Image search: [Google]
1251429836597.jpg
21KB, 264x275px
>>8762456
>>
>>8762472
by 'people' you mean women
>>
File: LOOK, THE EAST IS BURNING RED.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK, THE EAST IS BURNING RED.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>8772515

>A fellow Tim's slave on /ck/

BROTHER
>>
>>8772038
not him, cream and cinnamon is god tier

I just put a lot into my big cup and forego the last few sludgy cinnamon sips, it all settles to the bottom
>>
>>8771395
Why would I be upset? My dog is alive and healthy.
>>
>>8772629
>you didn't deserve to own a dog because you wrote "t." on the internet
You sound pretty upset, I never said it had anything to do with your dog.
>>
>>8770630
If a bar I liked told me that shit, I'd pay double for drinks to help make up for it.
>>
After spending so much time reading shit like this, I feel like I'm probably a pretty decent customer to have because I actively avoid being these people.
>>
>>8771591
Does anyone really say that? Doesn't not mixing it mean you like it more?
>>
>>8771591
If you roast your coffee beans at all you don't really like coffee
>>
>>8772773
Self-awareness really does help.

I'm so paranoid about being an inconvenient customer anywhere that I'll make sure I'm not, even to the point of wasting a lot of my own time and/or money.
>>
>>8762403
Dude, you can love coffee and Frappuccino. In the same way you can love bread and still enjoy a donut. One is just more of a treat/desert than an everyday. We don't need to start sounding like nabob commercials
>>
>>8765900
lol, dumb motherfuckers dont even realize it's named for Hamburg Germany, not literally ham.
>>
>>8770436
That's a little bit more than his job, cunt. He's going out of his way to accomodate someone's crazy religion.
>>
>>8767259
The Wafflehouse is a god damn American Institution you Philistine. Their food is delicious and fuck you if you cant appreciate that.
>>
>>8765847
This isnt about logic. Its about rules. I think we all had to deal with stupit rules that made no sense.
If his manager said that he cant give peaple one footlong then he wont risk getting in trouble so u can have the mental satisfaction of eating 1 sub instead of 2.
No matter how stupid some rules are, sometimes u just have to follow them
>>
>>8771591
I don't mind people who put milk and sugar in their coffee. Hell, I do that. I just think it's annoying how people completely drown out the coffee taste with sugar, then talk about how much they fucking LOOOOOVE coffee.

Kinda like your spinach analogy.
>>
>>8772531
I'm a barista and my guests do this all the fucking time lmao
>>
>>8767207
Starbucksfag here. Unfortunately we do always double/triple check when people order black coffee, because unfortunately, dear Anon, there are people out there who do not understand that a "black coffee" means no added shit. We've had people complain that the coffee has no cream/milk/sugar/whatever after ordering a black coffee.
In short, you have the lowest common denominator to thank for this. Unless you're a regular wherever you go, then they should know better.
>>
>>8773054
They may do all that shit with their drink, but nobody "brags" about drinking coffee.
>>
>>8772531
Which ocean?
>>
>>8772769
Don´t bother, the manager was a dumb ass that treated customers as he would friends, at least 10 of our daily customers received free drinks, special discounts, and got away with huge tabs with petty complaints. Paying extra for a drink would not have solved anything.
>>
>>8771122
No one cares about your gay dead soulless dog. Leave them in the car to die of heatstroke
>>
>>8773030
I get that, but you'd think he'd just straight up tell me that it's policy. He literally acted like one footlong and two identical 6inches were completely different items.
>>
>>8773167
It´s a franchise business, anywhere else and skipping the rules is acceptable, however in this case, the guy is paid to put shit in-between bread, he has no power, or control at all, i think a good percentage of customers would be able to figure it out for themselves that the coupon is only available for two individual subs, unless stated otherwise on the coupon. You should find a small time place where the owners have full control over the rules so they can bend them for you. Otherwise you´l have to deal with the stupid rules closely followed by the employee´s, they don´t make the rules, or even know why they exist most the time, they are just paid to follow them.
>>
>>8770993
It is illegal to demand proof that a person's animal is a service animal.

Kinda fucked, but what can you do?
>>
>>8773093
It's almost like you've never met a white mom / fifteen year old girl in your life
>>
>>8773250
Yeah it's kinda like when 25 year old white guys brag that they can "handle" the newfangled craft beer
>>
>>8773256
Is that a thing? I'm not very familiar with the craft beer world. What's it like?
>>
>>8771122
>small dog
>under control

I want to live in whatever insane fantasy land you've got in your head. Small dog owners are the fucking worst.
>>
>>8762403

No one is going to say, "I LOVE sugar and cream with just a splash of coffee in it!"

Get over yourself
>>
>>8773525
Lardass "coffee" "lover" detected.
>>
>>8773541
you know im right you fucking nerd
>>
>>8773124
>soulless dog

Even Catholic priests have the ritual of "blessing of the animals" on St. Francis' feast day. That seems to indicate they do have souls and will reunite with us.
>>
>>8773550
That's just proof those pagan retards have no idea what they're doing
>>
>>8772038
I just put it on top and every time I sip I just get a little bit in my mouth
>>
>>8773023
No, cunt, that is exactly his job. Make burgers the way people want.

If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to do it.
>>
>>8773550
They also have the ritual of fucking small boys in the ass.
>>
>>8765111
>kaitlyn

Of fucking course lmao
>>
>>8765617
Worked at subway briefly; he was just being an obnoxious cunt. Anytime someone had that coupon I asked it was alright to just make them a foot long so it was easier for them, there's no reason for him to have done that other than being a salty asshole.
>>
>>8773555
>catholic
>pagan
you what?
>>
>>8762403
I absolutely fucking hate it when a guest will either

>Get to the order taker and ignore me greeting them then go "HELLO?!?!?!"
>Get to the order taker, don't say shit to my greeting and just drives to the window to order
>Skips the taker entirely and just goes straight to the window
>Ordering anything at the fucking window
>>
>>8774072
Is dane cook right?

Do people really scream like you can't hear them?
>>
>>8774083
I haven't heard that name in a long time, but in terms of loudness some guests can be up there.

It's not so much the volume of their voice as it is the tone though, bitches be shrilling. It gets worse if they have a loud ass car since the microphone picks up EVERYTHING. Someone in the back of the car can whisper an order and I'll more than likely hear it.
>>
>>8774071
Catholicism is a pagan degenerate form of Christianity. Basically just an infrastructure for boy fucking and hoarding gold. Look at the idol worship and all the pagan holidays they adopted
>>
>>8762456
>Americanos
>baby palate

holy fuck
get out
>>
>>8774130
>Protestantism is just a watered down Catholicism without the meat and bones

ftfy
>>
>>8774091
>>8774083
>>8774072
>roll up to the menu board with the window up
>stay there with their window up for 5 minutes
>will lose their shit if you arent ready the second they realize how long they've been sitting there
>>
>>8769349
if that was my grandma (and it very well could have been) she died last year. old cunt went out like a badass, though
>>
>>8771157
emotional support animals can be registered as service dogs. i've been on numerous airplane flights where snooty old bitches had their yappy dogs with them, in their laps, the whole fucking flight
>>
>>8772515
could you have shortchanged her? i wonder if she could tell a 9x9 or a 10x10 from a 12x12
>>
>>8774549
In the fucking seating area? Jesus, you have my sympathies.

I had a similar experience with "service" dogs that another anon mentioned itt. Stupid little purse dog that kept yapping and growling at me, what does this little rat think it'll do that will somehow lower its chances of me wringing its neck? This lady was completely fine in terms of hearing and seeing by the way.

If it were a proper service dog like a lab or a German shepherd with the vest and badge, not bothering anyone, I wouldn't have said a word. Even other customers after her asked my why she had that damn thing.
>>
>>8772515
>12 cream 12 sugar

And I thought my godfather that ordered 4 cream 4 sugar was out of his mind. Hell, even a triple triple is already pushing it. You should've given her nothing but cream and sugar in the cup.
>>
>>8774588
What is a cream anyway? a teaspoon? a tablespoon?
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 1181x857px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1181x857px
>>8774611
One of those little capsules they keep behind the counter to have the measurement as standard as possible

They look similar to pic related
>>
>>8773256
I don't think this has ever happened? What is there to "handle" about beer, unless it's one of those novelty ghost pepper spicy beers or something.
>>
>>8762403
Iced cappuccinos. Drives me nuts. Instant decaf for the degenerate who orders it.
>>
>>8774686
Someone ordered an iced Capp at my shop and flipped out when we told them we couldn't do that
>>
File: IMG_6796.jpg (220KB, 745x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6796.jpg
220KB, 745x1000px
Another pet peeve. "Death before decaf" assholes. They're so annoying lmao. Just like the "morning coffee" bitches
>>
"What's the difference between a latte and a cappuccino"

"Can I get a caramel....mah-chee-ah-toe?"

"Spinach and artichoke....kitch"

Mmmmmm love it
>>
>>8770489

You're going to be a blast in forty years.
>>
>>8774676
>novelty ghost pepper spicy beers
Absolutely haram
>>
>>8771439
Why does that upset you? It doesn't affect you in any way.
>>
The worst thing g about working retail is at the returns desk. People get so pissed off when they try to return something they bought at a discounted price and not get a full refund of the product's actual price.
>>
File: rape.jpg (73KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
73KB, 500x308px
>>8762403
>Used to work at a WaWa in Pennsylvania
>Mostly did night shifts
>During the summer, every fucking friday night, this group of Beaner landscapers would come in
>All 8 of them proceed to order Chicken Noodle Soup, in either Large or Family Size (FS is like a liter of fucking soup)
>Soup is reheated in 2.5L bags at a time, takes 1hr to heat up fully, usually have two bags ready at most
>So in short, these fuckers clear us out by the second order and there's six more to go
>Have to round them all up, tell them there wasn't enough soup for their order, ask if they want anything else or tell the cashier to refund them

This would happen every fucking week. Every goddamn week. The shift manager would always tell them to call ahead next time and we could have enough ready for them all, but wouldn't you know it they didn't speak a word of fucking English.

Still, even if they can't speak English, do they not have basic fucking pattern recognition? Are they so goddamn dumb they can't figure out if they all come in and order gallons of the same goddamn soup that we're gonna run the fuck out?

I'm not racist, but stupid fuckers like those sure as shit make me feel like I am.
>>
>>8775376
They think you're making fresh batches of it
It's just fucking soup.
I thought restaurants would at least make soup fresh on location, but I guess I was wrong.
>>
I wish I had a good food service story, but alas, I have only worked at an optician's office

>lady I know with terrible BO calls in
>wants to make an appointment
>make her an appointment
>"oh one last thing"
>"If my prescription doesn't change, do I still have to pay for it?
>I pause
>"what?"
>She says "it doesn't make sense to pay for a different prescription if mine never changed
>Try to explain that she's paying for the exam, which we actually have to labor over and fill paperwork out for, and that we check other things too, like macular degeneration and other eye issues
>causes a fit but accepts her situation
>comes in for her exam
>again throws a fit
>explain to her again there are other things shes paying for
>gets her exam
>her prescription changed
>spends $800 on glasses
>give her a smug look as she walks out
>>
>>8762403
American coffee drinkers are the worst.
>>
>>8775409
A WaWa isn't really a restaurant. It's a convenience store/fast food place.

The problem isn't a misunderstanding in how we prepare food. It's a total lack of fucking pattern recognition. Every damn week they would do this shit and every damn week we wouldn't have enough for them.

Even if we were making fresh batches, the fuck would that change? They'd still clear us out. Shit, it'd probably take us longer to make batches anyway.
>>
>>8775462
>they clear us out
>we don't have to refund their money because they got what they want

i don't see the problem
>>
>>8762403
I'd just be happy if I could drink any coffee at all without feeling like I was being stabbed in the esophagus. last coffee I was able to do that with was at a perkins, and like all restaurant coffee, it wasn't strong enough to defend itself.
>>
>>8775484
Sorry if I'm not being clear. At WaWa customers put orders through digital screens, then the folks in the deli see the order come up on their own screen and do whatever the order is and put it up.

Sometimes when we're busy and we run out of shit, there might still be orders up for that specific thing. So if we have 2 gallons of soup ready to go and eight people order a gallon, by the time we hit the second order we're out of soup but there's still six orders for soup we don't have, so we need to call out whatever that order's number was and tell them that A) We ran out of what they ordered and B) We can either get them something else or refund it.

You can understand why that's difficult when none of these fuckers speak english.
>>
>>8775503
Why didn't you just make 8 gallons of soup if you know they're going to show up without fail?
>>
>>8775376
Strange, beaners liking american chicken soup. That shits bland as all fuck. Do they dump a shitload of hot sauce in it?
>>
>>8775524
I didn't run the shifts. Nobody wants to be the shift manager who heated up eight bags of soup, sold two before they expired, and then had to spoil out the other six because they didn't show up *THAT* night, and then have to explain to your boss and your boss' boss why you wasted six bags of soup.

It's a company-owned store so everybody needs to do shit by the book all the time.

>>8775527
WaWa's CN soup is actually pretty alright. It's cheap as fuck and you don't need to speak english to order it (touch screens) so that's probably the real reason why they were getting it.
>>
>>8775549
>and then have to explain to your boss and your boss' boss why you wasted six bags of soup.
They're not going to fire you over $3 of product
>>
>>8775562
Maybe, but again, I wasn't a manager so it wasn't my call.
>>
>>8775572
you're a weak little shit
literally no autonomy at your job why do you even bother
>>
>>8775562
Most corporations are petty as fuck and absolutely will fire people over the tiniest little thing.
>>
>>8775409
Depends on the restaurant.
If it's classy they make everything in there.
If it's not even the fucking bread is reheated.
>>
>>8775581
It was a summer job in high school and I got paid better than minimum wage. I was a teenager and didn't give a fuck as long as I got a paycheck at the end of the week.
>>
What does it feel like to shitpost? I'm too nice to do it.
>>
File: destroy ass.gif (1MB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
destroy ass.gif
1MB, 300x212px
>>8765307

I get this shit at least 10-15 times a day, because I live in the Bay Area.

Typical scene is:

>finished doing order
>customer slaps their phone against it for a minute before I ask them "cash, credit or check?"
>blah blah blah it's 2016 why can't you get with the times
>"well sir, you can order all your stuff online and avoid this problem entirely"
>I WILL
>walks off without his stuff, which was two bottles of wine, a slice of cake, and a condom
>his mother pays for it and meets him at the car

Another time some techie got really pissed off any make a sexually motivated comment towards me, so I called his employer (he had his ID lanyard on) and apparently caused a lot of butthurt in his office.
>>
>>8775703
>it's 2016 why can't you get with the times
>>
File: farquaad.png (243KB, 345x461px) Image search: [Google]
farquaad.png
243KB, 345x461px
>>8775703
"Some techie got really pissed off and made a sexually motivated comment towards me"

>Be techie
>Cashier is slow as shit, I'm getting pissed
>Give her a death stare, wish I could somehow express how displeased I am with this situation
>Say something about how I want to bury my face against her ass and use it like a gas mask with my nose tickling her asshole as I eat her out from behind
>Heh, that'll teach her
>>
>>8775376

Landscapers are typically from shitty centralamerican countries and a lot of them have autism or similar that was never diagnosed, because those countries don't have doctors.

Anyway, I can relate. Every morning at 4am I'd get a similar group of 20-40 hopping off a bus, and they'd then proceed to stand in front of the store waiting for work (we're next to a home depot). The first thing they would do is invade the store and buy as much water, soup mix and propane as possible. As a result the lone cashier on duty would be swamped and having to hustle at the dead end of his shift, especially if the morning shift came in late. The ballsier ones would just walk out of the store, depending if the manager is standing there to check receipts.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem, but occasionally there's an entire family (or god forbid, multiples) which results in kids running around opening up candy and eating it straight in the aisles, teens drawing on shit with markers and older people stealing alcohol. My shift was losing $200-500 in product every time this happened, so our manager now paces the store and drags them out when it happens. Only once did they try to actually fight back, which resulted in the police showing up (sirens and everything), which caused a everyone to loose their shit and run off.

Then at 6 am all the old ladies come in, and they wonder why the store looks like shit.
>>
>>8775748

I'm a man, baby. A really ugly man but clearly so. He called me a fucking faggot, so I relayed that information to his superior. I'm under the same gun, if I have to be polite to smelly, fag pig-faced uggos then everyone else does.
>>
>>8775759

Also, more specifically relating to instances of mental illness:

>Babies are often jerked around by their older cousins, I've even seen one get spit on. These people don't know that shaking them is really bad.
>Children will often play-fight with the knives and hammers in the housewares section, except their older siblings showed them how to use their weight so they're hitting each other pretty hard.
>Teens will just stand in line and say the same thing over and over again. Originally I thought this was some sort of prayer, but nope they're just being weird.
>Older teens/young adults (ie people approximately my age) like to pound on the windows just to draw us out of the store. I think they just like seeing our reaction. I don't really get it and nobody knows how to address it since the security guy goes home at 5.
>Adults will often just stand around and look bewildered, at first I thought this was just cultural shock but then I realized most of them are probably illiterate. Most have hard times with numbers too, they only pay for things with twenties and can't comprehend things like aisle numbers or coupon deals.

inb4 /pol/ I don't have anything against central americans but this is just my experiences
>>
>>8766078
Why argue with a poor sandwich assembler who's already dead on the inside?
>>
>>8762403
I'm a nocturnal fuck and used to work barista on literally no sleep, to get through these shifts I drank double espressos topped with whipped cream. like a macchiato but with whipped cream instead of milk. it made me strong
>>
>>8775772
Did he get fired? Is the Bay Area as awful as it seems?
>>
>>8775944

I don't think so but his boss bothered to mail me an official response to my email.

>Is the Bay Area as awful as it seems?

yes, but I live rent free with mommy so I'm not breaking myself just to exist.
>>
>>8775875
I like coffee but it doesn't do shit for me as far as energy goes. I can drink an energy drink and 2 shots of expresso and I'll still be just as tired + tachycardia.
>>
>>8776065
good job buddy. drink more water
>>
>>8775409
Not even Panera bread has fresh soup, it comes frozen
>>
>>8762403
I don't love coffee but I drink it black every day.
>>
Whenever I see a thread like this, I just imagine the posters' voices getting higher and shriller as time goes on, so around the time the /pol/ crowd comes in, all I hear is the earsplitting shrieking of a small child having a temper tantrum on cocaine.

It fits surprisingly well.

>>8765086

This nigga gets it.
>>
I've gotten into the habit of drinking coffee at work since it's free. It's tax season so I'm drinking coffee at work 7 days a week as I grind through some insane weeks. I've been drinking Flavia Sumatra coffee packets. I like the taste, but I'm hearing it's terrible coffee.

I would like to get a coffee making device and some coffees so I can make my own when I'm not at work. Does anyone have recommendations? Should I get a drip machine, french press, moka pot, aeropress? Should I just get a coffee grinder, buy some beans at the store, and go to town brewing my own coffees?

Please help /ck/.
>>
>>8777167
Christ this was messy, that's what happens when I try to type something after working 16 hours straight
>>
File: pizzacat.png (618KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pizzacat.png
618KB, 1080x1080px
Not a lot of things get me angry when it comes to customer service work - just depressed for being stuck in a dead-end job.

I'm fine with making overtly sugary frappaccino drinks because I make them so much that's muscle memory and I feel like a gd machine.

It's dumb shit like giving the customer exactly what they want, but they're unsatisfied, mostly because they don't realize what they're ordering, in spite of breaking down the recipe for them before purchase. We give our warnings about the bitterness of voltage chillers (espresso & milk frappes), but people still come back upset.

Starbuck's fags - I work at a Gloria Jean's and I need to know if your hazelnut lattes are sweet or just a nutty syrup flavoring,

>some bunghole ordered it and came back griping about the drink
>didn't even take our offer for a replacement
>he just wanted to complain
>didn't bother adjusting his drink with sugar on his own accord earlier
>>
I just can't stand hot drinks aside from the rare hot chocolate and black coffee tastes horrible cold on its own
>>
>>8777167
I've found that a french press is pretty easy and quick to use for beginners. Just need a grinder and cool filtered water. The French press is also nice if you're single. It's easier to control portion size than with your ordinary Mr. Coffee type machine.

>>8777220
oh shit, I remember that guy drank the whole thing too. idk why he came in with an empty cup to complain. It's funnier now.
>>
I usually lurk and its late. Work at M&S this is just this week so far.

>Working on one of the aisles because these entitled retards can't put things back properly
>Some pakistani man with his wife and dysfunctional children asks me if this 'meat' is halal in the worst english I've ever heard spoken
>I shrug and tell him I don't understand
>"IS THIS HALAH WOMAN!! Halah!! HLAHA!!"
>He raises his hand
>His wife tries to calm him down while his disgusting children finger everything on the shelves
>Manager literally gets security to throw him out on his ass

>The fattest black woman I've ever seen rolls in to the store
>I'm behind the counter for hot foods (Chicken etc)
>"Ay you have any of that perry perry cheeken!"
>Last person on shift forgot to change the labels on the sneezeguard
>I tell her we don't as politely as I can
>"Whats dese then! Its says perry perry!"
>Out of the void she starts screaming racism and throws a fit
>Gets thrown out
>>
>>8762482

>Customer comes with literally 200 items
>In the express lane with a limit of 20 items

People who go into the express lane with over 30 items need to be sniped by an assassin, especially the ones who insist that having 10 of the same item counts as just 1 item.
>>
>>8765435
>No, sir, this is a Sonic, we're using camouflage.

My fucking sides.
>>
>>8777167
>>8777236
French press is good and low effort because of the steep time. Easy to clean, and I make cold brew and regular iced coffee with it because its just easier.

>>8777220
The thing nobody grasps about our menu is that the flavor is the sugar. Theres a simple syrup called Classic, so if you want an iced coffee sweetened its with that. If you get a Hazelnut latte it gets Hazelnut syrup, which comes premade and is probably just Classic+Hazelnut flavor.

People always order "Caramel Iced coffee with cream and sugar" and I just say ok and only do caramel because I know thats what they probably want. A green bean is gonna ask them if they want both the sugar syrup and sugar packets and the customer responds "I dont know, nobody asks me that. They just make it."

People also think cream, or half and half is french vanilla flavored, American coffee culture sucks.
>>
>>8774549
No, they can't. As stated above, there is no registry for service animals, but they
are completely different. Emotional support animals are allowed on flights though, which is bullshit, because they don't require any training. All you have to have is a letter from a medical professional stating that your animal could help you. Service dogs require the handler to have an actual disability and the animal must perform tasks to mitigate the disability.
>>
>>8774130
so, much like christianity after it? you're a fucking moron. or if not an absolute idiot, you're an edgy underage that needs to get the fuck out.
>>
>>8777247
I misread that as
>children finger themselves on the shelves
>>
>>8775163
itt: pet peeves and people that don't understand that pet peeves aren't rational. just go to a different thread if you don't understand what's happening. or maybe read the fucking op. jesus.
>>
>>8775991
I guess that's probably the way to go
>>
>>8777167
I've been wanting to get an aeropress since starting at this third wave shop. It seems pretty easy to manage and doesn't over extract the coffee like the moka pot would.
>>
>>8777441
They were horrendously ugly.
>>
>>8765621
Unless the price of 2 six inch subs was different than 1 twelve inch then it's exactly the same.
>>
>>8762472
>>8762403
I've never heard anyone saying that they love coffee.

Frapps are fucking great. It's like coffee ice cream but less rich and more thirst quenching.
>>
>>8763607
There's a special place in hell for anyone who comes into a store 3 minutes before closing and for those who are out of area and believe they're entitled to a delivery.
>>
>>8777553
You're fucking disgusting. Frappuccinos are pure sugar, milk, and ice. There's nothing thirst quenching about that.

Drink some water, faggot.
>>
>>8777617
If I ever call for delivery super drunk and am out of area, I hope whoever takes the call will just charge me double and deliver it.
>>
File: yearbook_signing.png (65KB, 206x209px) Image search: [Google]
yearbook_signing.png
65KB, 206x209px
>>8765318
>Retail will make you hate people
Oh ho ho, I know.

And I had no buffer in between.
>>
>>8777624
>sugar, milk, and ice
So like ice cream?
>>
>>8774518
More like a slightly saner version
>>
>>8777674
Yeah, like ice cream if ice cream was made with mostly ice and then flavored with high fructose corn syrup and instant coffee
>>
>>8777646
Probably a Mexican landwhale desu
>>
>>8775562
You don't know anything about corporate food service, there is always guideline to follow about how much to prep, and you can't deviate from it. Controlling waste is one the things you get apsultulely deemed for not doing, you could take home a team of copier paper and no one would care, but if you have to throw away 5 hotdogs at the end of your shift it's 10 minutes of lecture.
The better ones do it off some customer business projection, so if they were only coming in once a week, it would never catch it.
>>
>>8763653
Learn to say no to call in shifts.
>>
>>8777646
Lol ok
Its just a different way to have coffee
Try living in Florida where it was 96 outside yesterday
Espresso frapps are a really great balance and its not like a shake, its more like a coffee slushie
Not for everyday but to say that a blended drink is somehow different than drinking a hot chocolate with espresso in it is real childish
>>
WHERE FUCK CAN I GET A FLAT-WHITE IN THE US I'M FUCKING DYING YOU COFFEE TASTES LIKE SUGAR OR STALE PISS ARRRR

t. Australian
>>
>>8778546
There are like 4 places within 20 miles that can make a flat white and I live in fucking Orlando. Not exactly a coffee hub. Plus a Starbucks will make one, just get an extra shot or a short size for the extra coffee to milk ratio
>>
File: popsicle.gif (911KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
popsicle.gif
911KB, 500x500px
>>8762482
>>8762752
>>8763659

Shit. You store cashiers are so fucking salty. While I agree with most of your complaints on smug dipshit customers, there's no reason to hate on the naive ones.

I've never met anyone this salty in real life situations besides some /r9k/ anons.
>>
Hey /ck/

is cofee just like tea or something
>>
>>8778865
No because it doesnt involve dried leaves. Tisane refers to a tea-like beverage made of sticks and fruit or something. Coffee is steeped roasted seeds. Natives did use unroasted coffew beans like a tea before trying to burn them, similar to yerba mate, which also gave central americans caffeine highs so they could do more shit. The seeds are from coffee cherries that grow on a coffee tree. You CAN make what is called a cascara tea out of the fruit, which will also have caffeine but tastes alot different from what Ive heard.
>>
>>8778865
Have you never had coffee
>>
>>8776639
This post was a fail
>>
>>8778841
>>>/vg/utg/
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.