[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Papa Johns the greatest mass-chain pizza franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0050.jpg (617KB, 1031x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
617KB, 1031x1030px
Why is Papa Johns the greatest mass-chain pizza franchise out there right now?
>>
Because it's 50% off like 3 times a week around here.

Medium pepperoni with 2 20oz drinks and $3 tip for like $15.
>>
It's not.
It tastes like sugary crap and the crust never feels like it's been properly cooked.
>>
Stop trying to force this "lol we're shilling Papa John's" meme
>>
>>8760096
Because it's not? Sarpinos is better. So is papa murpheys
>>
>>8760096
What a disgrace of a place to even be called pizza. Pretty sure the only reason people order from there is for their garlic butter sauce. Dough is always soggy and on the verge of being raw or when they cook it correctly, they barely put any sauce and fucking Cheese on the thing. The bread to any ingredient ratio is fucked. Even pizza hut, little Caesars, fucking nasty ass dominos knows better with the ratio. Get out of here with your fag shilling on this piece of shit food place. The papa johns in my town was so terrible it got shut down. We have 9 pizza places here and they fucking lost by being fucking gay and expensive as fuck. Papa johns is the fruit cake equivalent of pizza. Noone wants it, noone gives a shit, people would rather starve than eat those soggy shits.
>>
>>8760096

Because they suck less than others.
>>
DUDE SHILLING LMAO
>>
>>8760096
Papa John's is shit with their undercooked dough and that weird shit they try to pass off as cheese.
/thread
>>
>>8760114
Sarpinos really? Did I just have a bad experience or something cause the one time I got it it was pretty disappointing. It should have been amazing since it was like 3am and I was trashed but I really thought it was bad
>>
>>8760114
>Sarpino's
What regional flyover chain is that?
>>
>>8760096
>>8760103

It sucks to be honest.

It tastes almost Identical to Little Caesers, the crust is practically the same, the sauce has a slight bit more zing to it but there's so little of it that it doesnt matter. Their better-ingredients dont mean shit if it doesnt got enough sauce, because the cheese sure doesnt have much of a taste to it.

Except its 3 times the price.

The only reason the local papa johns survives is because it sits literally right next to campus.

Its cardboard to eat with your beer thats all.

If you want the best pizza around here its this place called Quatros that costs the exact same amount but you get a Deep Dish Pan pizza and a couple drinks with it. And the sauce is sublime.
>>
>>8762025
>the cheese sure doesnt have much of a taste to it

ishyjrn
>>
>>8760694
>undercooked dough
why would you not tell them to cook it well done? its like you're a pizza noob
>>
These days Domino's is the best chain and I can't believe I'm actually typing this. A really long time ago Pizza Hut was the best. They've gone to complete shit, now they're by far the worst. Papa John's came along and they were better than anything in the 90s. They've gotten worse though, it's still pretty OK but they've cut corners. It's like a cheap imitation of what it was. Domino's was always the worst until they fixed everything a few years ago. This made them pretty equal to Papa John's but John's quality keeps going down, so now Domino's is somehow winning.
>>
File: deep dish pan pizza.jpg (38KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
deep dish pan pizza.jpg
38KB, 550x366px
>>8762025
>>8762041
This can be had for the same price down the street, and yes they deliver.

BTFO eternally by a local joint.
>>
pizza hut and dominoes aren't any better.
>>
>>8761859
I honestly don't know anyone who gets it. I only did because they basically never close and I was wasted at 3am. The sausage tasted like it was spoiled the crust was meh and I seem to remember something was off with the sauce. Too sweet or something I really can't recall
>>
Dominos is pretty great
>>
>>8762074
This 100%
>>
>>8760096

better ingredients better pizza bro
>>
>>8762074
This 300%.
>>
>>8760096
Because they all suck so there isn't much competition.

I don't really know which I like the best, I haven't had Dominos or Papa Johns in over a year. Pizza Hut is 5 minutes away from where I live so I just order carry out from there, but even then I normally order from non-chain places unless I really need food ASAP.
>>
>>8762074
>domino's has great PR and alright product, but highly dependent on the joint
Not busy and non-ghetto neighborhoods brings what might be a 3/10 to an 8/10 for me
>Papa Johns feels like it's on par with dominos these days
>Pizzahut: fucked up dough with diabetic tomato sauce
>CiCi's: All you can eat
It's tough but I think as long as it's not >5minutes old Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut, I will at least not regret my purchase
>>
>>8762074
Yea, my work got us all dominos one day for work recently and I tried it for the hell of it, and I was really surprised at how good it is, seeing that they used to be pure trash.

I sometimes get myself a pizza from there now when i'm drinking and don't want to cook my own.
>>
File: 1445005141266.jpg (60KB, 1200x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1445005141266.jpg
60KB, 1200x1081px
something unsettles me about that man, call it a hunch
>>
>>8762767
He's a greedy drunken shill who treats his employees like shit.
>>
>>8760096
Fuck Papa Johns. I remember being a kid and it was legitimately better than all of the chains and most of the local places unless you lived in or near a major pizza city.

MBA fucks slowly wittled away at it. They made sure a fresh pizza looked the same out of the box but the toppings, the bread, the sauce, especially the cheese have all been A/B tested to the cheapest worst crap. Its sad that Pizza Hut and Papa Johns have become the Subway and Jimmy John's of pizza, since they weren't ever bad when they were on top.
>>
I miss going to Pizza Hut's for the lunch buffet.

When you have a hour and a half for lunch and the pizza hut is only 15 minutes away. You got a lot of time to eat a lot of pizza.
>>
>>8762861
there's always CiCi's
The only drawback being the only thing that makes me want to not eat their pizza is the fact that the other customers tend to be the same people you see at Walmart at midnight, or the same people at Golden Corral

Both of those places are alright on their own, but someone's looking like they're going to complain about trivial shit
Or someone's going to let their unmannered little spawn shove their grubby little hands in the chocolate fondeaux
>>
>>8760096
My local one in the UK is alright. Delivers fast and hot, and the pizza isn't too greasy or undercooked.
Chain fast food is all dependent on the quality of staff and facilities.
We got a KFC that is brilliant here, but the old one was a dive nobody ever went to because the fryers were old, it was a small cramped building, and the Paki staff just didn't care and let it go to further ruin.
I've actually been to a pretty good Subway once. They actually do exist. Run by someone Polish usually.
>>
They use the cheap dominos flour now. Stopped ordering from them.
>>
papa johns is garbage with red sugar water instead of sauce.

Little ceasers is the best by a long shot if you order it to be made fresh instead of getting one of the hot and stale pizzas.
>>
>>8763451
I too like LC the best for normal pizza. I'll order a pepperoni/cheese pizza then ask for Parmesan on it before it's baked. It comes out amazing every single time so far. (4 times) Way better than the big 3 chains and such a simple order. They really don't mind if you order a fresh one instead of taking the old ones as long as you're willing to wait 15 minutes or so for it and fresh is really nice there. My LC has quite a large seating area with booths/tables also and if you want to sit there and eat the bring your food out fresh on metal serving trays with a stack of plates and you can order a pitcher of soda if you all can agree on one type to drink. Still under $6 for the pizza too.
>>
>>8760096
Because it's the least shit. Not an amazing accomplishment, but an effort at least

Their cheese is mediocre. Their dough is OK, I can't taste the fucking chemical leavening in it like I can in every other chain at least. Just wish their sauce and cheese were better. But with the sales they run... eh.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf_11eqFAkI
>>
I dunno man, I had dominoes the other day and you know what? It actually wasn't bad.

We can all agree little Caesars is garbage though. I'd eat Tony's frozen pizza before touching that.
>>
>>8762073
Because. Undercooked is only part of it. The sugar content of the dough is too high. So doughy sweet dough with plastic fall apart cheese once is enough for me. Frozen pizza is better in my opinion
>>
>>8760096
Owner is a prick who likes to fuck over his employees. Pizza is okay.
They lost me when they stopped offering extra sauce as an option where I live. Their pizza is dry and tasteless with the standard amount.
>>
>>8760101
>medium one topping and 2 sodas for $15
>good deal
kek
>>
Papa johns is the pizza I eat when I'm utterly depressed and in need of some kind of escape or yummy mouth feeling. It's best because it's the most socially acceptable delivery and the size of the pizzas allow you to save for a long time. Also like the first poster said, there are often deals that allow it to be a little less expensive, and when not, there's coupon codes available (namely 25OFF) that I use basically every time.

I'm such a degenerate that I actually have an account and save up papa johns points so I can get free pizza/snacks
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.