[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are prunes ignored on /ck/? I think they could do with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Why are prunes ignored on /ck/?
I think they could do with some love...
>>
If you're havin' bowel problems I feel bad for you grandpa
I got 99 problems but constipation? Nah.
>>
>>8759996
Congrats, I guess, but not all of us are getting fucked up the ass by a pack of niggers twice a day to keep our back passages open.
>>
>>8759995
americans think food that isn't meat bleached and then drowned in HFCS is a kind of punishment to be temporarily endured under medical supervision only in direct response to a health crisis

in the case of prunes, the usda literally had to order prune growers to start calling them "dried plums" because retarded merfats believed they were associated with bowel movements
>>
>>8760317
EFSA also recognizes prunes as a laxative, retard.
>>
>>8760364
coffee is also a laxative and yet you don't hear hamerilards making constipation jokes when they stop for a cup of coffee on the way to work
>>
>>8760473
Coffee shits are a well known phenomenon and people drink coffee for the caffeine first and foremost. Don't talk to me until I've had my morning joe!

Prunes are for shits and shits alone.
>>
I like prunes. The dried ones I've had are a bit boring, but I like the canned ones in juice, they're god tier with Greek yogurt, honey and museli.
>>
I like getting prunes on occasion, but they aren't really an ingredient that I use for cooking.
>>
I just made a stew of beef, cannelini, farro, and prunes

Was pretty delicious tbqh, I half assed it but here's what I did:

1 pound of chuck steak, cut into large cubes
half a pound of cannelini
cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom
prunes
dry rich white wine (I used CdR)
farro
some onions, chopped

Soak the beans overnight

Salt the meat, brown in hot oil, remove to a bowl.

Onions into pan, cook until soft. Oh shit I forgot the aromatics. In a separate pan, dry roast the cardamom seed and cinnamon, then add a bit of hot oil and the nutmeg. Fuck it's smoking, toss in a splash of water to stop it from burning, and cover as it sputters violently. Add a cube of frozen concentrated chicken stock because plain water in a pan triggers me

Add meat back in with the onions, add half a bottle of the wine, scrape the aromatics mess into the mix, cook covered until reduced. Drink the rest of the wine. Halfway realize the whole fucking house smells like cinnamon. That was probably a bit much. Remove cinnamon and continue cooking. Order a pizza and eat that

Stick it in the fridge, go to bed, go to work, get home. Fuck I'm hungry

Pressure cook the beans for just a bit to catch up, then add to the beef. Fuck, I overcooked the beans and now they'll be mush if I cook the beef with them. Put the beef in the pressure cooker and pressure cook that with just a half inch of water for 20 minutes. Add it back to the pan with the beans. Add prunes, stir. Oh shit what about the farro. Add a half cup of that, cook for another 40 minutes. Almost pass out from hunger, open a beer, serve the stew and consume with beer

It was really good although I should probably have planned it a bit more carefully
>>
>>8760954
>stew
That and prune danishes are pretty much the only things I've ever heard of them being used for, ingredient-wise.

I'm sure someone will come along now and claim that the Mexicunts use them in quesadillas all the time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.