[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, I'm looking to cook some meals from around the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 3240823421.jpg (60KB, 800x397px) Image search: [Google]
3240823421.jpg
60KB, 800x397px
Hey /ck/, I'm looking to cook some meals from around the world. I've already done Poland and Spain but am looking for some other dishes.
>>
>>8757827
People say Russian okroshka is good, and it's easy to cook. Also shchi.
>>
Make Borscht
It is delicious and very healthy.
My grandma in Soviet Union always cooked it when I was young.
It will be more good with Rye bread and garlic
>>
>>8757827
For American, you should either go with soul food like fried chicken and collard greens, or New England cuisine - clam chowder, seafood boil, lobster roll, stuff like that.
>>
>>8758581
my facorite kind of borscht is acidic as fuck, pretty spicy and garlicky. clear with either pieces of beetroot or uszka
>>
File: 1460916721417.jpg (213KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460916721417.jpg
213KB, 960x720px
>>8757827
Germany here.
Sausage in a pan (ie Leberkäse) with potatoes and veggies.
Or sausage with bread and mustard.
Beer goes well with both.
>>
>>8757827
Let's expand a little away from Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djiboutian_cuisine
>>
File: capcha_this_pokemon.png (241KB, 402x582px) Image search: [Google]
capcha_this_pokemon.png
241KB, 402x582px
>>8758786
>small tree as garnish
Please don't do this.
>>
What did you cook from those two countries OP?

Do you want suggestions of countries or specific food from said countries? Chinese dumplings (I'm partial to wonton) with a side of spicy fried eggplant is great. Authentic Chinese is incredible in general if you have access to the spices.

Personally, I've been familiarizing myself with Italian cuisine by cooking through Marcella Hazan's cookbook. Let me tell you, the Italians roast a mean chicken, and I haven't had a single vegetable I didn't like.
>>
>>8758838
That was a valiant effort, Cotton. Lets see how this one plays out
>>
>>8757827
Canada is infamous for its poutine, but that's not exactly 'deep' cooking (unless you cut your own fries and make your own brown sauce, etc). Another option is tourtiere, a meat pie with with a mixture of ground or finely minced beef/veal/pork (or game meat, if you can get it), onion, and herbs and spices.

Butter tarts and nanaimo bars are also Canadian staples, and if you're a drinker, the caesar cocktail.

Me personally, I love greek food. Souvlaki and gyros are standard street food (and delicious), fasolada is a nice soup, and moussaka and pastitsio are their spins on sheperds pie and lasagna.
>>
for brazil make rain cakes
they're kinda like donuts but they aren't shit you know
>>
>>8758448
I've seen very different opinions on okroshka. Personally, I love it, I think it's amazing on a hot summer day, but some people hate it and say that it's the last thing you should recommend to foreigners.
>>
>>8760119
It's from Brazil it's obviously shit
>>
>>8760153
o b s s e s e d
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.