[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was at this middle eastern restaurant and ordered a side dish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: eggroll.jpg (42KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
eggroll.jpg
42KB, 700x394px
I was at this middle eastern restaurant and ordered a side dish (it started with a S I think) and it had grilled lamb and potatoes inside of it, looked just like an egg roll. I cant remember the name, does anyone know what it could be called?
>>
Sambousek?
>>
سمبوسة
>>
>>8755314
what the fuck is that squiggly shit?
>>
>>8755347
It's the name of the pastry you fucking imbecile, google it.
>>
>>8755198
Looks like some kind of samosa.
>>
>>8755354
We shouldn't have to read squiggly shit on a DPRK how-to-survive-on-rice-and-weeds board that honors our GREAT LEADER, you fucking asshole.
>>
>>8755373
You're not supposed to read it you shithead just highlight and search in google, does your brain not function ?
>>
الله أكبر
>>
My grandmother's Lebanese and cooked something like an eggroll that started with an S-sounds: sighar/cigar.

There are two types she made.

1) Warka wrapped around a filling and either baked or shallow fried. This one is usually vegetarian, cheese or egg-and-tuna. Sweet versions exist but I hate Leb desserts (too sweet) so I don't eat them.

2) Thin sheet of dough wrapped around a filling and deep-fried. Usually filled with meat mince.

OP: look up Lebanese lamb cigars and see if that's what you're talking about.

>>8755314
>>8755287
Maybe it's just the way my grandmother made them, but the sambousek I know are triangular shaped.
>>
>>8755677
Oh, to be clear, I think they're more like taquitos than they are eggrolls. AFAIK, taquitos are just the Mexican Spanish name for cigars brought to Mexico by Leb Catholics.
>>
>>8755684
>>8755677
Coult be this, the people that own it are either Lebanese or Jordanian.
>>
most likely a samosa
>>
>>8755198
samosa
>>
>>8755386
That's actually a very strange way of thinking.

You're saying you posted some squiggly wigglies knowing that 99% of people on the board wouldn't know how to read it so you wanted them to google it to translate it when you could have easily just posted the english name?

That's REALLY fucking weird, lad.
>>
>>8756232
I don't want you to translate it, if someone is posting about foreign foods and someone posts a foreign name it's only natural to take that name to google and you will see the wikipedia article on that name, I don't understand why it's so complex to just google a word.
>>
>>8756232
It's not weird at all. He wants you to know he knows something you don't. He has no interest in actually answering your question.
>>
>>8756270
Now that's a strange way of thinking, how is giving him the name of the food means I have no interesting in answering his question about the name of a fucking food?
>>
>>8756232

I prefer it when people name the food using the original language. It makes learning about the food so much easier.

If you google a food using your local language instead of the original name then you tend to get your country's version of the dish rather than the real thing. Searching by the original name (and using google translate) is a great way to get better recipes.

I had a fuck of a hard time getting good recipes for certain south-Indian curries, as well as bun bo hue. Searching for those dishes in English got me shitty Americanized recipes. Searching for those dishes using their original names & google set to the original language took care of the problem.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.