[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to white sauce /ck/? Do I follow Chef Johns advice >Hot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How to white sauce /ck/?

Do I follow Chef Johns advice
>Hot roux, cold milk, no lumps

Or do I follow literally everyone elses advice
>A bit of milk at a time, constantly stirring
>>
>>8754434
always follow based john
>>
>>8754434
When you've never made it before do a bit at a time. When you're not so new to cooking and don't have time to fuck spiders go with Chef Johns way, most people I've seen in hospitality industry do the fast way.
>>
I learned to use Based John's recipe.

Oil (or butter) in, medium-high heat
Wait for the oil to heat up
Salt it a little bit
Add the same amount of flour (1:1 ratio)
Cook it for about 30s-1min
Add in cold milk/cream/whatever you're going to use
Continue stirring the entire time, wait for it to thicken up
Then add more milk/etc until you have what you need and wait for it to thicken

That's just a completely basic one though. And if you need a lot of it, use more oil and flour to start. For a single person serving, only about 1tsp of fat/cream is needed; but you can go up to 2tblsp of each if you need to make a big batch.
>>
>>8754434
My mum allways said cold liquid first to stop lumps, and i have never had any. But i tend to do half first stir and then the rest.
>>
I go maybe a cup of cold milk to start, just so that there's less volume for you to stir.

You can always easily add more liquid to make a thinner sauce, making it thicker is when you get into more annoying conditions.
>>
>>8754434

Under what circumstances would the roux not be hot or the milk not be cold?
>>
>>8754455

This
>>
>>8754525
>>8754434
bechamel is piss easy, I hate the whole "cursed recipe" meme.
Just learn to use more than the max heat value of your stope.
>>
>>8754459
>don't have time to fuck spiders

Well thats a phrase I've never heard before and now love
>>
File: 69gtt.jpg (20KB, 560x200px) Image search: [Google]
69gtt.jpg
20KB, 560x200px
>>
>>8754434
It'll make your teeth go grey.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.