[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does anyone get obese, let alone millions of people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 41

How the fuck does anyone get obese, let alone millions of people at a time? Does the feeling of existing in your own sweaty folded up body not disgust you? I've gotten close to 250 a few times but I always panic and starve myself down to 180 before I let myself eat normally again. It's not fucking hard at all.

The human body shouldn't be able to endure such a lack of self control. We should just keel over dead the second we hit 300 pounds. Restaurants should be allowed to refuse service to anyone with a waistline over a certain measurement. Why the fuck is this happening.
>>
>>8754021
A lot of people that are obese grew up overweight from poor parenting and don't even know what it's like to not be fat.
>>
>>8754021
>Restaurants should be allowed to refuse service to anyone with a waistline over a certain measurement.

that sounds great for business.
>>
I'm a fatass but somehow managed to become surprisingly fit. I was fit throughout highschool when I played football. When I broke my shoulder badly and had to quit I kept eating like I was working out 5 hours a day. I put on a lot of weight in a shout amount of time. I stabilized at 240 but had a hard time dropping weight. Over the next 4 years I went up and down from 190 to 240 multiple times
Mainly due to stress and depression.

Now I'm at 230 but am fit enough to run a 10k each weekday. So I really don't know.
>>
i dont man. i can demolish a shit ton of food and not be phased. maybe just bad genetics or piss poor metabolism. or they never eat vegetables or just drink soda all day.
>>
>>8754121
It kind of does. Who would want to eat in a restaurant with a hamplanet stuffed into every booth?
>>
>>8754145
They already have a full house if they're in every booth.
>>
Its genetics.
Their genes were messed with when they were young.

The super obese never uee to exist. Even if ppl ate all day and did no work they wpuld not get that big.
The super obese are kind of doomed.
>>
>>8754148
How? The more fat people are in there the less room they have for customers.
>>
File: mail.jpg (24KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
mail.jpg
24KB, 250x354px
>>8754162
>Their genes were messed with when they were young
do you know what genes are anon?
>>
File: 5593f9ef56e19[1].jpg (56KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
5593f9ef56e19[1].jpg
56KB, 600x399px
>>8754162
>>
>>8754162
>Their genes were messed with when they were young

That's not how genes work. If you monitored the people in OP's pic, I'd bet good money that they compulsively eat like shit and don't exercise ever. They'll be bariatric patients with bedsores by 55.
>>
>>8754178
>diet coke
>I'm on a diet
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 137x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 137x180px
>>8754290
>Diet coke
>Ever
>>
>tfw you can't gain weight no matter how much you eat
>>
sugar
>>
>>8754021
>How the fuck does anyone get obese, let alone millions of people at a time? Does the feeling of existing in your own sweaty folded up body not disgust you? I've gotten close to 250 a few times but I always panic and starve myself down to 180 before I let myself eat normally again. It's not fucking hard at all.

I blame white people for making all the fatty greasy foods so cheap.
>>
>>8755180
You lucky son of a bitch, if I were to quit smoking and coffee I'd be a fucking balloon. Not that I'm exactly thin now, either...
>>
File: Typical Obese 'Merican Nigger.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Obese 'Merican Nigger.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>8755202
>I blame white people for making all the fatty greasy foods so cheap.

Fuck off Nog
>>
>>8755202
I blame nignogs for not knowing how to eat healthy
>>
File: Stupid Racist Diabetes.jpg (14KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Racist Diabetes.jpg
14KB, 300x270px
>>8755202

Top fucking kek. I was just waiting for some nigger to blame their obesity problems on somebody else.
>>
>>8754135
Drop some weight if you keep running or you're going to fuck up your knees eventually.
>>
>>8754148
yeah, golden gorral, applebee's, longhorn and every other major chain is doing just fine keeping business with fatties.

go to any restaurant with a non-american menu and plates over 20$ and you will not see many fat people. they're not exactly ruining fine dining.
>>
>>8755202

The old "cheap fast food forces poor Niggers to be fat myth."

Here's are some facts to chew on.
>>
>>8755211
>>8755212
>>8755215
Wow you cucks are triggered
>>
>>8755223

Funny...

> black men get fatter & fatter as they get more money.

> but black women start to lose weight as they make more income

Interesting...
>>
>>8754021
How much does that cost? Like, what's it cost on just food for that person to maintain like they do for a week?

I don't think I could gain >30 lbs on my budget unless half of it went straight to soda.
>>
>>8755224
>Wow you cucks are triggered

Not that guy. But why do you think Awarness is a bad thing?

Do you think the black community should just hide the fact they suffer the highest rates of heart disease, diabetes, and obesity of any race?

Awareness brings change & healthier black lives senpai.

Ignorance will only perpetuate the Black Obesity epidemic.
>>
>>8755236
>Ignorance will only perpetuate the Black Obesity epidemic.

That's the point, fucking nog lover.
>>
>>8755230

More like

>Nobody wants to marry a gross fat black chick with personalities as bad as their body
>>
>>8755215

lol wtf, black men & women are completely opposite trends.
>>
>>8754021
There are a multitude of reasons for obesity. Obviously, the most common reason is sloth combined with overeating. But there's many other factors that can cause or contribute to it. My sister was always thin, until she got pregnant, and after the baby was born, she just couldn't lose the weight, and indeed continued to gain weight. Well, my mom shamed her into talking to a doctor about weight loss surgery, and come to find out, pregnancy fucked her thyroid all up and THAT was why she was gaining weight so badly and not able to lose it. She's thinner now, but she still has to take medicine and basically be on a diet constantly to keep it off.
I have another friend who has such bad allergies he has to take a steroid regimen probably 4 or 5 times a year. That shit packs on weight. He gets "moon face" and gains at least 20 lbs every time takes them. Then he has to basically starve himself to get any of the weight off, just in time for him to have to start taking steroids again, and the cycle continues. He never loses all the weight, so his weight has crept up over the years.
I'm not obese, but I'm not skinny either. With me, it's down to sloth. I work at a desk all day, and when I get home, I'm so tired (and lazy) to go exercise. I eat healthy though, which is probably the only reason I'm not obese.
And while these are just personal experiences, I know there's many other people out there with disabilities/diseases/autoimmune disorders that cause them to gain weight. Hell, most anti-depressants cause weight gain.
That said, as a health concern, people should try to lose weight as best they can, even if they do have a medical condition, etc. I'm shopping around for a personal trainer at a local gym, because I need the forced discipline.
>>
>>8754162
>Their genes were messed with

Mr. Sinister indeed.
>>
File: neighborhood.jpg (88KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
neighborhood.jpg
88KB, 800x472px
>>8754032
>be several years ago in the midwest
>driving a side-street through a nice/clean/boring/typical little neighborhood in a small nowhere town
>whole family is outside doing yard work
>mom, dad, and three kids
>every single one is obese as ever-loving fuck
>kids look like over-inflated beach balls, parents look like giant sacks full of mashed potatoes
>all of them raking leaves, picking up twigs, tending flower beds, one riding a lawn mower

Passing by their house only lasted maybe 3-4 seconds.. but its been burned into my memory ever since.
Whenever anyone mentions anything about obesity in families, I never think of a bunch of fat people sitting around watching tv eating junk/fast food.. I think of that bizarre moment of a fat family tending their lawn.
>>
>>8754121
>Restaurants should refuse people who eat a lot
Wew
>>
>>8754162
I never used to believe this, but now I do.

I beleive fat people have a different threshold or at least have no threshold when they hit that "disgust" mode after eating too much.
>>
>>8754021
>How the fuck does anyone get obese, let alone millions of people at a time?
high-carb diets

the FDA food pyramid whatever bullshit is just propaganda to prop up the wheat industry, it recommends something like 12+ grain servings a day and ain't nobody need that much fucking sugar in their diet
>>
fat people just suffer from their addiction having an extremely obvious tell

smokers and alcoholics are harder to detect

shitposters on a Afrikaner palm fermenting marquee are harder still

we all have vices and indulgences. Those that go to far are eventually punished for it. Why kick a man when he's down?
>>
O B S E S S I O N
>>
>>8755627
it's a learned response honestly
Having weighed almost 100lbs more than I do now (skinnyfat) I used to be able to eat and eat without feeling full due to constantly bombarding my stomach with mass

now I eat portioned meals and I can't eat anywhere near as much
>>
>>8755669
because it's fucking gross to look at
>>
>>8755669
Have you ever been ridiculed for something so much that it made you change your ways? Thats the idea.
>>
When you can get 1000 empty calories in a microwave meal for $2, you end up eating three of them a day because your body craves the fat and sugar.
Then you chug down a 2L of cola because your body doesnt register when to stop consuming that shit.

Repeat that for 5 years.
>>
HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
THEY PUT IT IN EVERYTHING
>>
OP, you have some sort of eating disorder if you binge until becoming a fatass and then starve yourself repeatedly.

Not even memeing, get help.
>>
Gene expression changes throughout life.
So yes, their "genes" could have gotten messed up, hypothetically. Not sure if that's the case.
>>
>>8754021
I could tell you but you'd never believe me, so I won't
>>
It's a concoction of not being active, being stuck in the same physical routine, getting fast food, and making terrible casseroles loaded with cheese and salt.
And after eating a huge dinner they sit around so that all settles in their folds.
It's why I'm fat, and what I'm trying to fix.
>>
>>8754021
you think you are not overweight op?
>>
>>8755208
He/She has a metabolic disorder.
Get one of those at your local supermarket.
>>
>>8755710
It's been proven 1000 times over that "shame" never works. It may make someone change something about themselves, but it's never a positive change. Ever. Education, rehabilitation, and repetitive healthy habits are what make people have positive, lasting change.
You just have a personality defect that urges you to find reason to bully people.
>>
File: image6438642x.jpg (26KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
image6438642x.jpg
26KB, 620x350px
>>8755710
As a former fatty, he has a point. I didn't get motivated, or even realize how bad it had gotten, until a gf wouldn't stop joking and making My 600 lbs Life references.

>tfw I lost the weight, she broke up with me and is now fat, and I'm shopping for an engagement ring
>>
>>8755985
Hi >>8755991 here, you are so wrong. Shame is an excellent motivator. Fat people justify all their bullshit and have a severely warped body image.
>>
>>8755985
>It's been proven 1000 times over that "shame" never works

bullshit. It certainly doesn't *always* work. But it most certainly can and does work some of the time.
>>
>>8755985
Shame does work. Perhaps it isn't the psychologically kindest thing to do, but it does work. I am so ashamed of myself. When I was fat, one of my biggest insecurities was obviously my weight. My parents would drop subtle hints and some other people would to. Mostly I was just disgusted with myself. I lost a lot of weight, but I'm still not happy with myself. I've been going up and down in weight the past few years, but hopefully I can get my shit together and finally reduce my weight to a respectable level and be satisfied with my body for once. Then again I'm a guy with wide hips, so probably not.
>>
>>8755985
it works if the person already feels ashamed of their bodies, but if they think they're fine/haven't been conditioned to feel at least a little insecure, when they change because you've shamed them they're going to change back once you're gone and take pride in dropping a "toxic" influence that made them feel bad
>>
This right here is it >>8754032

I was raised to be fat as hell and on top of that had a horrible childhood. I was at one point 350 lbs and had to completely learn about nutrition and calories. I'm still working on it, but I'm down to 200 lbs.
Depression and terrible parenting are a hell of a combination.
>>
>>8756470
>Depression and terrible parenting are a hell of a combination.
agreeing with you here. my parents let me have an incredible amount of fast food and soda growing up and never forced me to socialize or join a sport so i stayed in my room and got fat.

i don't hold it against them, i don't think they knew how bad it would get and they really weren't sure how to handle a shitty angsty teenager. hell of a setback as i struggled into adulthood, though.
>>
File: images-19.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-19.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>8756470
>and on top of that had a horrible childhood.

And here I thought you were actually going to man up.
>>
>>8756570
you can acknowledge the fact that your childhood influenced the way you grew up (gasp what a concept) without it immediately leading into "and THAT'S why i'm 400lbs and not doing anything about it"
>>
>>8756003
>>8756017
>>8756029
>>8756168
>Look at all these people with psychiatric problems
You guys are all too warped to understand that people shouldn't feel shame about their bodies. Period. They should be made conscious of the fact that their health is going to deteriorate fast and they'll die from complications of obesity, but feeling shame for your body is nothing but psychological self-harm. You're trading one kind of self harm for another. That's not healthy at all, in any form.
>>
>>8756570
My parents were both alcoholics. I grew up watching my mother almost die from alcohol poisoning twice and attached to tubes while my father attacked me in a drunken rage one night only to never see him again. I wasn't talking about normal stuff when I said horrible childhood.

Food ended up being the thing I had that made me forget the crap I had to deal with every single day and feel good for a short while. I did man up and take things into my own hands as an adult and have lost most of the weight, but I'm not going to say it wasn't the fault of my parents and the childhood I had.
>>
>>8756647
Okay Steven.

>Wahh, my life wasn't roses and shit
>I deserve these cakes
>>
I just went to golden corral and it was an experience. There were so many fat fucks everywhere. The table next to me, the dude had 3 full cups of Pepsi to drink with whatever food he had and he polished it off with two bowls of pudding.

I realized that everyone around me made it an event just to get up out of their chair and get more food.

Honestly if soda was banned, a lot of these issues would resolve
>>
>>8756604
Normal, chubby, underweight and overweight people shouldn't feel shame about their body. Obese and anorexics should feel very shamed. Or maybe the next time I see someone on the edge of a bridge I should just tell them it's okay, feel good about your suicide. Fuckwit.
>>
>>8756647
Oh shut the fuck up you faggot. I hope you die of obesity. Fat piece of shit.
>>
This thread convinced me to starve myself and I'm not even fat (140 lbs 5'10). Seriously, eating is too risky.
>>
>>8756668
>should feel very shamed
nope, they should be educated and supported to get them back to a healthy body weight

>Or maybe the next time I see someone on the edge of a bridge I should just tell them it's okay, feel good about your suicide.
this is so far from what anon is saying that it just makes you look like an idiot
>>
>>8756671
>>8756655
itt people who have never dealt with anything difficult in their lives and lack basic human empathy

or who have dealt with bad shit, and have allowed it to fuck them up so badly that they act like this
>>
>>8756668
Are you really this stupid? I don't understand how someone can be so fucking THICK that they only see things in extremes. At any rate, you're just plain wrong.
>>
>>8756685
>I don't understand how someone can be so fucking THICK

is this............................ a pun
>>
I hit 210 once and I felt like shit. I probably spent 5 times as long wiping my ass as when I was healthy. How bad to people like OP's pic feel?
>>
>>8756604
The Japanese before WWII, used shame quite effectively. People got out of line and they were ostracized, rich or poor didn't matter.

However, it implies the ability for the perpetrator of the offense to feel the shame extended by the majority. We've lost that. Now you have Bubba or Shaqueena standing up in front of a camera declaring the fact that their "child" shooting the teacher was a proper action.

Yeah, the US is the best, blecchh.
>>
>>8756737
please tell me that this is an act and you're not actually insane
>>
You know, the key crowd keeps harping about cheap carbs and insulin, and while I don't believe it's entirely relevant in the fitness area, I do have to say they make a lot of sense when you look at entire groups of people eating a bunch of carbs AND sitting on their asses in cars and at home
>>
>>8756683
they're pulling your leg, buddy
I knew a guy with a similar story, he's been skinny for years, so keep at it, one day you won't even know who you are anymore
>>
>>8756750
the *keto crowd
>>
>>8755168
I'll use it to mix with alcohol
>>
>>8756750
the problem is overreating, plain and simple

animals get fat too if you overfeed them
>>
man seeing that pic of that poor guy in op's pic with that skin tight polo shirt and them khakis pinching his guts and all that back fat spilling out everywhere is making me hate summer cause at least when it's cold out you can cover up your blubber so everyone can't see your back fat and loosen your pants some without ppl seeing your holey underwear where your fat butt wore a hole in them augh yeah folks
>>
>>8755636
No its the meat and having the kids drink milk 3 times a day in school
>>
>>8756677
Wrong.

>>8756685
Wrong again.

Want to go for strike three? If you don't understand extreme obesity is a deadly, well then there is no help for your fat ass.
>>
>>8756683
First guy you responded to, I used to be 320lbs and thought the world was against me and life was horrible, a bloobloobloo. Lost the weight, got down to 155lbs and suddenly realized I was being a fucking cunt for years and stopped treating people like they owed me something, and guess the fuck what? Suddenly the world started treating me better. Your the problem, you self entitled cunt.
>>
>>8756874
>Both of those are protein sources
>Protein makes you fat

Wew
>>
>>8757232
If you eat a ton of protein and don't work off the energy, yeah you're gonna be fat.
>>
>>8757267
It's a LOT harder getting fat off protein than carbs though. Calorie for calorie carbs will make you balloon up.
>>
>>8757332
>Calorie for calorie

Maybe gram for gram, but all calories are equal dumbass.
>>
>>8754135
I've always been fat but incredibly active. I am 220 pounds at 5'5" and can run a 6 minute mile.
>>
>>8754166
>The more fat people are in there the less room they have for customers.
Restaurants space isn't measured by cubic meters, dipshit. It's measured by how many tables there are. A table used by one person is as much space as a table of four - doesn't matter how much that person weighs.

It's not like a full restaurant will split up a party of 4 and sit them next to random people at scattered tables in order to use up all the available room.
>>
>>8754021
It's generally the result of some sort of mental disturbance. They're not eating until they're full, they're eating until they forget the pain of living.

People who use junk food to cope with anxiety or depression can end up binging on amounts of food that a normal person would find disgusting. It's like how an alcoholic can drink down a fifth of liquor at once, while a normal person would be on their ass after half as much.
>>
>the fattiest foods are the cheapest
Then don't fucking eat so much of them, oh my god.
>$3 of McDonald's feeds one person for a day

Then spend fucking $1 instead of $3. Eat one goddamn McChicken a day. Have two nuggets for lunch and two for dinner. If "cheap" foods are the ones packed with fucking calories then imagine how much goddamn money you'd save by only buying the calories you need instead of worrying about going hungry. Deal with being fucking hungry.

If you're going to use your entire daily food budget every day, spend it on a single salad or Subway sandwich. Either way you're going to be hungry, but maybe show a little self restraint and find something else to do other than stuff yourself with as much fried chicken as you can get for $3 a day.
>>
>>8754242

Yeah they're pathological liars That 600lb show is a good example. They show them cheating and making excuses about how they're allowed to cheat because they're so stressed right now. Then they see the doctor and say "I don't know how this could happen"
>>
>>8754121
>a private business should be allowed to refuse service
They can
The resulting shitstorm, however, may not be in their favor if they're not in the majority
>>
>>8754021
>Restaurants should be allowed to refuse service to anyone with a waistline over a certain measurement
Thats too discriminatory. They should get taxed instead. The same applies to homosexuals.
>>
>>8757342
I would love to see this.

>>8757376
They are eating the wrong things at places like McD's. For example, a McChicken with no mayo and a black coffee is less than 3 dollars, and actually decently good for you, as far as fast food goes.

Many fast food places have "heathly" (read: not as bad) foods on the menu, but people refuse to order them. Many times the most unhealthy thing about a meal is the thing most easily removed; for example the sauce, or substituting the soda for an unsweett iced tea or water.
>>
>>8757232
fun fact, kids need only need about 30 grams of protein. With all that dairy and meat and other garbage they eat, your looking well over the threshold + excess calories since most of these products are high density. Protein than breaks down into complex stored carbs if you eat too much of it
The proof is right on the label but hell be ignorant if you want to be.
The food pyramid is the government shilling its dairy and farmer subsidies down everyone throats because they're literally paying the fucking companies to advertise the product, you heard that right. When you see that (made with 100% real cheese) its a government subsidy campaign
>>
File: 1485802881527.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485802881527.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>8756683
That guy is actually lying. I'm the first guy you responded to and to be honest? I was just shitposting. Swear to god. I'm legit really drunk right now, so i can be honest. I was 230 lbs at the age of 12. I grew up now being involved in any sports and not having any friends because of how fat I was. My mom just put me in front of the TV all the time and I spent a lot of time playing video games. Now don't get me wrong, I had a great childhood, but I really wish I wasn't fat.

The sad thing is, at the end of the day, I was a lot happier back then than I am now. I'm 5'10 140 lbs. I should be happy with my life, but I suffer from anxiety and depression. I also have a severe eating disorder that involves binge eating and purging. I fucking hate myself. I guess all I'm trying to say is losing weight doesn't make everyone happy in the end. Especially if you don't do it the right way. Regardless of weather or not I did it "right" or not, I would still be unhappy with my current life.
>>
>>8755168
Coke Zero is objectively better than 99% of other diet sodas. Great as a chaser
>>
>>8754121
awful for all you can eat buffets
>>
>>8757629
>230 through high school
>morbidly obese parents
>still fat
It's easier to cry in the back of a Mercedes, buddy.
>>
>>8757629
Have you tried weight lifting?
I can personally attest that even doing just the basics 3 times a week for 2 hours or so a day at the gym can make a world of difference
You start to love your body and the amazing things you can accomplish with it
Itll also help you fill out that wire frame Mr Hungry Skeleton
>>
>>8754021
>I've gotten close to 250 a few times but I always panic and starve myself down to 180 before I let myself eat normally again.
That's not good for you. That's nowhere close to being good for you.
>>
>>8756663
You're so fucking high on your throne.
>>
>>8754290

>zero calorie drink
>on a diet

lol what a moron
>>
>>8757332

that's exactly wrong
>>
>>8754141
"It is not my failure, it is the environtment, metabolism or genetics"
Shame on you
>>
>>8758439
>Losing weight isn't good for you.
t. "healthy" 400lb lesbian
>>
>>8758603
haha this retard

A consistent weight is healthy, obesity is a meme. I have been a steady 290-300lbs for the last 7 years and I am healthy. I have no health issues.Here are my health signs:

Heart rate of 94 BPM, healthy
Mile walk speed - 40 minutes, average
Mile run speed - 20 minutes, average
Protein - 60g per day
Fat - 40g per day
Hair - Thick and no dandruff
Sweat - Rare
Scent - Neutral
Immune System - No illness for 10 years
Sleep - Easy 10 hours per night
Stress Level - Low despite working in a hard 50k a year job

I am much healther than someone who diets down 50lbs in a month like some anorexic teenager. The human body can't deal with that. My heart for example has adapted to my size. My doctor has even told me, my heart now is too big and if I lost weight, the bone contractions in my chest would crush my heart, if anything I could gain 10lbs to give my heart more space. My whole skeleton as well has grown so if I lost 100lbs I'd be 90% bone, and like 5% bodyfat (which is bodybuilder level, I am 17% BF now just so you know) Even small things like my body hair have adapted. Anorexic people have a thick coat of hair on their bodies because they diet down so fast their body keeps producing body hair for a large size person and the body hair essentially is in battle with their skin. My bodyhair is perfect and not noticable.
>>
let me tell you about my fat friends family.

they were the sort to not only butter their sandwich (afternoon snack not even lunch) and put chips in it (like crisp chips) and load it with tomato sauce. they also put lard in fucking everything and family time was always lethargic shit like watching tv, board games or video games. its all about the lifestyle desu.
>>
File: 1483302083771.jpg (14KB, 206x294px) Image search: [Google]
1483302083771.jpg
14KB, 206x294px
>>8758622
Holy shit. Do you do birthday parties?
>>
>>8754135
im pretty thin and the only way to describe my fitness is "trainwreck"
>>
>>8758622
what species are you?
>>
I'm 170 pounds, which is just short of overweight, but I'm at high risk of heart disease and diabetes. How do people's hearts stay healthy while their bodies get so large? I don't understand how you're capable of packing on that much fat while your arteries stay clear and your liver stays healthy.
>>
>>8758622
>Heart rate of 94 BPM, healthy
stopped reading there. nobody can possibly consider to be healthy with that heart rate (i'm not even gonna talk about the weight here). i'm on the other end of the spectrum, lowest heart rate i measured was 44 bpm but i do long distance running. normal would be around 60 i guess?
>>
>>8758772
Dude, shut up.
>>
>>8754021
I comfort ate myself up to 300lbs but I've hit a barrier where getting fatter makes me feel so ill that I stop eating. Do the super obese not have an upper weight limit they feel ill beyond?
>>
>>8755985
This is true, you don't see these people going around starting shit with anyone they see smoking and drinking at bars. You don't see them saying anything to people who dress like morons or correcting shitty behavior. They're not concerned with anyone's overall health or mental wellness, just their own pathetically small egoes.

If you want people to stop being fat, become a personal trainer or dietician instead of acting like a superior asshole on anime imageboards.
>>
>>8758772
Correct. 60bpm. Lower is fine if you're in to endurance cardio.
>>
>>8754021
I can understand being overweight, chubby even fat... but how can someone let themselves get to the point of obesity?
>>
it's because of shit tier modern food

a big mac, fries and a coca cola are already 1200 kcal and they are not even filling
>>
>>8754021
>Restaurants should be allowed to refuse service to anyone with a waistline over a certain measurement.

> You must fit through this narrow doorway before eating
> Don't fit? You get the fatty menu only, with light salads and limited portions.
>>
>>8754021
250 is obese , so ask yourself how did you get obese.
>>
File: 24mag-24eat-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg (96KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
24mag-24eat-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg
96KB, 600x400px
>>8754021
Start with some of this, it'll be your lunch for today.
>>
>>8754021
i liv ein massachusetts and not in springfield/holyoke. most people hear are thin and non-black. Quite nice
>>
File: sr2s_np_walkorbike_1969v2009_0.jpg (697KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
sr2s_np_walkorbike_1969v2009_0.jpg
697KB, 600x306px
Changes to the typical American diet can't entirely account for the rise in obesity, the reason for the change is a combination of diet, and the fact that physical activity has been removed from the everyday lives of many people. A sedentary lifestyle means that it's much easier to get fat no matter what you eat, and even a poor diet isn't necessarily fattening.
>>
>>8757342
Bull fucking shit. That's obese as fuck. And you're telling me you can run a 6-minute mile? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>8758622
This smells like pasta.
>>
Im depressed and grew up fat. Beed to get back on the train, was down to 270, back to 299, dont want to see 300 again
>>
>>8760921
Not him but thats actually possible. Im 5'10 190. Im about 20 or so pounds overweight(medium build) but run 4 miles non stop 5 days a week without getting gassed. I have a toned lower body and slightly chubby upper body
( love handles and some stomach fat)and in all my years of running ive stayed around the same weight.
>>
>>8755215
Is this in comparison to each other, each individual race, americans as a whole, or what? does this include both kinds of diabetes, or just those caused by obesity? Is there a source on this chart?
>>
>>8755230
Blue collar vs. Pink Collar

Pink collar is stuff like receptionists.
>>
>>8761407
>pink collar
Never heard that one before, neat
>>
File: 1482361510498.jpg (94KB, 499x569px) Image search: [Google]
1482361510498.jpg
94KB, 499x569px
>t.
>>
File: 1485685342755.jpg (93KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1485685342755.jpg
93KB, 601x601px
America is shameless.
>You weigh over 100kg (while not being muscly) and don't feel bad about letting your body down
Incomprehensible.
>>
>>8761507
>mhh yeah look at all this shame I have, u jelly?
>>
I eat pastries and fried chicken and shit like that every single day and I can't break 250
I am stuffed to the gills overeating compounded with eating garbage and I can't possibly do more

people who get bigger need to be putting work into it, like it takes effort to get that big
>>
>>8754021
>How the fuck does anyone get obese
>I've gotten close to 250 a few times
So ask yourself
>>
>>8761555
>all this shame
When did i say i was crumbling beneath my own shame?
Being shameless and being overbearingly ashamed of yourself are different things.
>>
>>8755985
I lost 50 pounds in 6 months solely through calorie counting and FPH threads on /fit/. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>8754021
>How the fuck does anyone get obese

Because I'm both greedy and severely indolent. Unabashedly so.

Though, I have been trying to do something about it. Cut out fizzy drinks and starting a gym club this week.
>>
High fat high sugar diets, blame the government sucking on the high fructose syrup teat of the corn jew
>>
>>8761034
What the fuck does that have to do with what that anon said?
Running a 6-minute mile means maintaining a fast 16 km/h pace for at least 6 minutes.
It would be rather hard for a 70+ lbs overweight fatass to do that.
Whereas anyone can run 4 miles going at their own pace.
>>
You've already been obese, OP
>>
>>8755202
Look at how many people you triggered anon.
>>
>>8755202
Nicely done, you triggered the hamlards and the whites, two of the mortal enemies of good food
>>
>>8758675
I'm thin but my fitness could be described as getting an 83 on a math test. It's not enough for your parents to yell at you about, but it's not bragging material either.
>>
For the race dude, when you consider both overweight and obesity, white guys are higher than black guys.

Black women are the highest, and white women are the lowest
>>
>>8754135
Fuck off with your excuses you fat fuck. Being injured doesn't make you eat like a pig, being depressed doesn't change the way thermodynamics work.

You eat too much, you eat nothing but shit. That's it. Simple as that. Eat less.
>>
>>8754021
How do people overeat to begin with? I eat, feel full, I stop. I really don't get it. You get to a certain point where you can't just cram food in anymore.
>>
>>8763460
It's psychological. They feel good eating and their brains don't release the signals that make you feel full. I think this can be done through training like pro eaters.

They also eat an excessive amount of carbs which make you want even more carbs.
>>
>>8754021
Well I'm super fucking fat and it's not my metabolism because I got that tested
I have been like this since forever, as a kid I guess shitty mind prison medication that causes obesity, lack of friends and abusive parent didn't mix at all
By the time k hit highschool I already didn't give a fuck about anything really so it got worse
Once highschool ended there was no reason to do much other than eat
>>
>>8763570
>They also eat an excessive amount of carbs which make you want even more carbs.
hurr fucking durr
>>
>>8754145
>restaurant
>booth

>>8757440
businesses can server whomever they choose.

>>8758188
Japan is full of all-you-can-eat/all-you-can-drink places and they have a low obesity rate. the problem is lack of proper home ec, food/dietary education in America plus the shitty food laws there.
>>
>>8763713
>There

OBSESSED
>>
File: Black Obesity Epidemic 2.jpg (90KB, 650x175px) Image search: [Google]
Black Obesity Epidemic 2.jpg
90KB, 650x175px
If you think American whites are fat... wait until you get a load of 'Merican Blacks.

>The CDC found Black Americans had an obesity rate of over 35 percent in 33 states. For Hispanics, the number dropped to 9 states, while whites had an obesity rate north of 35 percent in just one state.
>>
>>8755223

Interesting.

So blacks who make more money get FATTER.

Kinda destroys the notion these niggers are fat because they're poor.
>>
File: Typical 'Merican Blacks.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Typical 'Merican Blacks.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>8755202

Then why do you niggers get even fatter when you make more income? Can you explain that?
>>
I feel for all you bros...On the one hand, I hate the mentality that people are excusing themselves for being fat, but at the same time, people should be less harsh on fat people. I was fat for the majority of my life, like 240 lbs as a fucking 12 year old, got bullied by everyone, got called "Clifford the Big Red Dog" by people because of a red coat I wore, shit like that.

In the past two years I dieted and exercised down to 140 lbs, and I finally feel like who I should be, but I still struggle with my weight and image. I'm pretty much perpetually cucked mentally. Just remember, the people who you're shaming are human beings too. And they probably know they're fat as fuck and disgusting. Getting shamed did eventually make me lose the weight, but it hurt a lot and I'll always remember it.

Have some empathy for these people. While a lot of it is definitely their fault---most of it, even---there could be a host of other factors that contributed to their obesity. We've got a culture here in America that creates the conditions for people like this, and that's fucked up.
>>
>>8764242
>Shaming worked
>But waahhh, it made me feel bad

Got bad news man, you're going to comfort eat and blow up again. Bask in the glory of your accomplishments and see the past as the forge that honed the new you, faggot.
>>
>>8754021
Soda is a big contributor, because not only is it high in sugar, but it's a beverage so people don't exercise the same sort of restraint that they may show food, and much of the current generation grew up drinking it regularly.
There are also a decent number of people that are unfulfilled in their lives and so eat compulsively in order to give themselves a small amount of pleasure and attempt to fill the hole inside them.
The quality of the food doesn't help, either. Much of the current adult generation did not grow up with home-cooked meals, being fed on fast food and TV dinners. This has led to adults that grew up eating shitty food and, due to not knowing how to cook, will continue eating shitty food.

I eat pretty much whatever I want in whatever amount I want, but I also cook all my meals from fresh ingredients and only eat at meals instead of having a bag of chips within arm's reach at all times. I'm still overweight because I don't exercise, but at least I can fit into a goddamn normal chair.
>>
>>8756683
Do you think this is facebook? It's not, don't reply to bait you fucking idiot.
>>
>>8757064
>thinking that using the word "wrong" means anything.
Are you related to the Trumps, by chance? Idiot.
>>
>>8754171
>what is epigenetics
>>
File: 20170403_154005.png (354KB, 1345x2473px)
20170403_154005.png
354KB, 1345x2473px
>>8765323
>"Wrong" has no meaning

How does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
Calorie-dense foods. We have tons of easily-accessible, cheap and caloric dense foods. For example, a bar of Snickers is 250 calories. If you were to eat apples until you reached 250 calories, you'd need to eat at least 4 apples. What some people don't get about "natural" foods (which is a bullshit label, but anyway) is that they're much more filling, so you reach your natural limit much sooner.

Another example that is usually posted in here: a BigMac + coke + fries is a little over 1000 calories. To eat 1000 calories in apples, you'd need to eat AT LEAST 19 apples. Even for the fattest pieces of shit in this board, I doubt you can eat even 10 apples without wanting to vomit. I once ate 7.

People back then didn't have access to those kinds of foods, and even the biggest man in, let's say, 1910, wasn't as big as you can get today. So, in a nutshell:
- Calorie-dense foods that aren't as fulfilling
- Less poverty and scarcity
- People binge eat because they're fucked in the head
= Obesity

That's it.
>>
>>8764368
I think it's also something else IN the soda. Sugar-rich foods (specially refined sugar) actually make you more hungry. If you go by number of kcal alone, 1l of soda is roughly 400 calories, which isn't a lot. But if you drink 2l per day, it adds up.

(My max is 5 liters in 2 days).
>>
>>8765701
I think there should be a rule at buffets were people 300+ lb people arnt allowed. buffets don't profit when they got fatties scarfing down lbs of food.
>>
File: 1482655873661.jpg (569KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482655873661.jpg
569KB, 858x1200px
>>8765687
"unprocessed" is probably a more accurate description, but so many accurate terms have been reduced to buzzwords.

i think you hit the nail on the head though- even people who have proper meal proportions probably don't take calorie density into account.

the sheer availability of incredibly calorie dense foods packed with sugar is definitely the issue. noticing how much sugar is in everyday, completely not-sweet tasting products is ridiculous.
>>
>>8765856
The problem can't be sugar because Americans have among the lowest carbohydrate intake in the world, with "all the sugar" they're eating. The problem is actually that Americans add butter, oil and cheese to everything (fat)
>>
>>8755380
this guy gets it.

not only do some antidepressants cause weight gain, shrinks are now more likely to use shit like atypical antipsychotics "off label" for depression or mood instability because they do kinda work for that sometimes. and atypicals are even worse weight-gain culprits than ADs. some psych meds will seriously fuck with your memory and you may end up forgetting you ate. you can keep a food journal but it does you no good if you're too spaced to remember to write in it.

in addition, some meds (psych and otherwise) will exhaust you, and your eating habits WILL change when you are constantly exhausted unless someone is cooking for you. they may change a little or a lot, but I guarantee you they will change.

and don't even get me started on hormonal birth control.

personal responsibility and good eating choices are absolutely a factor. you should always be vigilant about them. but if something is messing with your decision making, you can't correct for it unless you know it's happening. that's a problem with psych meds, especially if you're switching every 1-2 months because what they're giving you isn't helping. so you're constantly getting used to new side effects. it may alter how you think and how you're deciding to eat, but by the time you realise what's happening, your doc has already switched you to something else because you're still depressed. except now you weigh 15 pounds more.

people are responsible for what they eat but I also think docs and pharms do a piss poor job of educating people on what medications can do to their metabolism and eating habits.

source: personal experience and the experience of other people I've known. I'd say my fatness is about 2/3 bad choices and 1/3 meds.
>>
>>8765919
>americans
>low sugar intake

Idiot. The shelves of american groceries have nothing but HFCS as one of the top ingredients on their products. You think the populace of the 12th fattest nation in the world goes through the fresh produce, meat and dairy aisle? You think they are buying whole grains or rice and dry beans? No, they're buying the HFCS shit prominently displayed on store shelves.

Americans are fat fucks because they choose to suck at the HFCS processed tit, and trying to deny it does not help our country improve, faggot.
>>
File: 1491197461891.jpg (105KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491197461891.jpg
105KB, 800x500px
>>8766048
>>
Time constraints and readily available food that is awful for you. Hard to do the work/school shuffle while enjoying life a bit and socializing. Saving upwards of 30 mins a day is too tempting.

Fast food is intentionally unfilling and the calorie content is insane. Get a double cheeseburger from sonic. Usually not full but you stop there. Things over a thousand calories by itself. God forbid you get a combo. Frozen meals aren't much better. These small fuck ups snowball fast especially for non athletic people. I have gained 70 pounds a year from things like this. Not even being a fat fuck either, just two small fast food meals a day.

I am working on it now but I can imagine how many people could get to the tipping point and just give up. I wish there were places that made quick healthy food that wasn't a million dollars. A meal prep place that was funded by taxes to make prices more in line would save this country imo. Better than watching jamal spend my tax dollars on malt liquor and menthols.
>>
>>8754021

Jesus.
>>
>>8766069
I'm fucking american, numbnuts, and I want us to get better. Bury your head in the sand. What an improvement from the 12th fattest nation in the world you'll achieve, imbecile. Denial is the first symptom.
>>
A lot of people don't even think to check calorie count or ingredient list until late (too late) in life. It's something that children need to be taught to do, but when the parents don't even do it the kids have no hope.

For example, I got a wrap at trader joe's last week. I figured I eat the whole thing for lunch (I was hungry enough) but I saw it was 700 fucking calories so I ate half for lunch and half for dinner, which are totally reasonable intakes per-meal for my height/weight. Had I not known to check the label before I chowed down on the whole thing for lunch and then had something more for dinner.

On the plus side, grocery store employees said they found more people than ever are reading nutritional info. And I can personally attest to the fact that calorie counts on menus at places like airports and coffee shops have helped me make lower-calorie choices since they started appearing.

I feel like Americans will be healthier in 2-3 generations. We just need to raise a generation of kids on something other than the "fat makes you fat" meme and make sure they understand serving sizes and calories.
>>
I'm a 270 fattie, and the simple answer is that good food is bad for you.

A longer, more complete answer is that limited options on college campus lead me to making unhealthy choices. I could spend around $8 a meal for all-you-can eat trash with little to no time investment, or I can shop at the local supermarket with ridiculous markup that takes like an hour or two to buy and prepare.

I've been at school for 4 years now, and I lose around 30-40 lbs every summer with mild exercise and making my own meals, and gain it back by the end of the spring semester.
>>
>>8766229
>I saw it was 700 fucking calories so I ate half for lunch and half for dinner, which are totally reasonable intakes per-meal for my height/weight.
Are you a head in a jar? You need at least double that.
>>
>>8766229
And drop the fucking sugary drinks and shelf stocked, HFCS, "food".
>>
>>8766247
My BMR is 1250 cal (5', 112 lbs)
>>
>>8766247
What do you think is the normal healthy calorie intake per meal for someone who eats 3 meals per day?
>>
File: food-addicts-big.jpg (104KB, 702x475px) Image search: [Google]
food-addicts-big.jpg
104KB, 702x475px
>>8757350
>It's generally the result of some sort of mental disturbance.
They have lower sensitivity to leptin, serotonin, and other brain chemicals located on the reward circuit and as part of appetite regulation.
The NIH gave a presentation on the latest research into obesity and brain changes a few months ago that's on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwAHIHVomo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3weIemIjWDs

It's also been proven that obese people have less taste receptors on their tongues so they have to physically ingest larger quantities of food to obtain the same amount of flavor as a normal person (this is only correlation so we can't say set which if being obese leads to taste decline or vice versa):
https://research.cornell.edu/news-features/obesity-could-it-be-taste-buds

If you are eating a diet high in fat/simple carbs that doesn't have significant amounts of fiber not only does that mean you won't stay satiated for very long with stabilized blood sugar, but a lack of soluable fiber will starve your gut biome which means a different set of fiber-poor microbiota get selected for that promote weight gain.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-gut-bacteria-help-make-us-fat-and-thin/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160827162200.htm
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/gut-bacteria-plays-a-role-in-long-term-weight-gain-a7632031.html

Will power is a myth. It's a chemical and biological process, and foods are drugs.
>>
>>8766233
Good food comes in all dietary profiles, you're just addicted to sugary shit.
>>
>>8766440
>foods are drugs

You stupid fucking medfag. You worthless sack of shit. How much did your pharma friend pay you to make that post, pirate. Fuck off and start following the Hippocratic Oath, you piece of shit.
>>
File: jugga-no-640x345.png (223KB, 640x345px) Image search: [Google]
jugga-no-640x345.png
223KB, 640x345px
>>8766440
Get the fuck outta here with that stupid science bullshit, life is pure motherfuckin' magic ninja!
>>
File: griffithdidnothingwrong.png (46KB, 266x256px) Image search: [Google]
griffithdidnothingwrong.png
46KB, 266x256px
>>8756683
where do you think you are? Never post about or reply to things you have a real and serious emotional attachment to if you can't handle people being pieces of shit to you about it. Newfags these days, I swear.
>>
File: lol do it on stream faggot.gif (711KB, 200x331px) Image search: [Google]
lol do it on stream faggot.gif
711KB, 200x331px
>>8756683
lol kys yourself faggot
>>
>>8754021
I'm around 270-280 right now, I think.

It's mostly bad habits instilled in me by my mother, I moved out a couple of weeks ago and am sticking to ~1700 Calories a day, but it's hard. I first started getting this way in 7th grade, so I assume that it had something to do with puberty.
>>
>>8755566

awww, they aren't fat, they're full of love!
>>
ive only had ~1500 calories today
should i eat some oreos and milk before bed
>>
File: very nice.jpg (3KB, 103x120px) Image search: [Google]
very nice.jpg
3KB, 103x120px
>tfw chubby chaser living in america
>>
>>8760895
Isn't a lot of that due to school districts being able to service larger areas thanks to affordable family transport though?
>>
>>8761447

I'm overweight and fucking love brussel sprouts. That being said, they could've picked a better vegetable to help introduce healthy eating.
>>
>>8761688

You don't have to cut out fizzy drinks! I've been drinking sparkling water with mio in it, it tastes just like a soda, but has no calories.
>>
>>8765817

If they instated that rule, there would be no entertainment at buffets though.
>>
>>8766803
if you'd like to.
>>
This is something I think about often.

I've come to a few ends, which I found to be pretty consistent across fats. Soda, inability to cook, and low intelligence.

Soda consumption has become the norm. Most people drink soda regularly.

Home cooking has fallen out. I blame society in general, though specifically I blame feminism. Almost no one I know cooks. Only the men in my family cook. This isn't inherently bad itself, but people should at least know HOW to cook, and teach their children. The reason this contributes to obesity by the way, is because people rely on processed foods which have poor nutritional value (I also don't think processed foods are bad, by the way).

People are not properly informed about nutrition, cooking, exercise, or just the basics of metabolism and shit.

Essentially, obese people are stupid lazy pieces of shit. I hate them and wish death upon them.
>>
>>8764242
This is a board that will advocate the death penalty for people who don't like onions

You're seriously wasting your time
>>
>>8767144
I drink diet soda. No calories. I also cook for 4 people and eat for 4 people.
>>
>>8767144
Not just obese people, but people in general are lazy as shit. The entitlement is real.
>wah healthy food is so spensy!
>spends $3 on a box of cookies
>McDonald's is at fault since it's cheaper than cooking!

It's become the norm to blame society or others for your own faults.
>>
I'm 6,1 and 360

The doctor said I'd probably die in my early 40s

But i cant stop

What do i do ?

I wanting to eat something that will fill me for 5 hours or so
>>
>>8754032
Fuck this is basically what happen to me

Family used to give me a large adults meal when I'm like 7

And i didn't know any better.
>>
I think how people are fed in their formative years makes a big difference. Its bizarre to me that American culture places such a big emphasis on 'kids food', things like chicken nuggets and whatnot that barely resemble what adults (shouldn't) eat themselves. You're basically fucking up your kid's developing sense of taste and acclimating them towards bland, overprocessed and unhealthy foods. Then they grow up and are unable to appreciate new flavors or things like herbs and spices. Kids should grow up eating 'adult food' from the get go, albeit perhaps not so spicy or cut smaller. This continues across generations with whole families having stunted palettes and not knowing how to cook more healthily.

Combine that with people being less active, smoking less (nicotine curbs appetite), wearing looser clothing (girdles exert pressure on the stomach so you feel full faster). I think people expect much bigger serving portions than before with people eating to feel *full* and not just to the point they no longer feel hungry.
>>
>>8754021
But 250 is obese.... Even 180 is pushing it desu
>>
>>8758622
holy fuck 20 minutes per mile
>>
>>8758622
I'm 290-300lbs and my heart rate is 75-83bpm
>>
>>8754141
every person I know that is fat drinks so much fucking soft drink it isn't funny
>>
>>8766247
I've been eating 500 calories a day for a year and I'm fine. You've been fed horse shit and believe it. There's no reason to eat over 2000 calories a day if you're not doing heavy physical work or if you're not over 6'2.

Stay fat.
>>
File: youWHAT.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
youWHAT.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>8766048
>Americans have among the lowest carbohydrate intake in the world
>>
>>8768585
Oops, I meant >>8765919
>>
>>8754121
kek
>>
>>8766357
That's fair, but I still don't see how you couldn't fit in the wrap in one meal.

>>8766418
For an average person? 700 seems about right actually. I only eat twice a day so sometimes my meals are in excess of 1000 calories, and I wouldn't struggle to eat 2000 in one go.

>>8768531
>There's no reason to eat over 2000 calories a day if you're not doing heavy physical work or if you're not over 6'2.
I agree, but that's still literally 4 times what you eat. A person of average height who sits on their ass in an office all day and drives to work still needs ~1500 a day. You must be one he'll of a scrawny manlet.
>>
>>8768330
I grew up eating pic related. Hamburgers and pizza was something we ate in weekends.
I will never understand how anyone can defend serving burgers, pizza and fries in school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgmk323H6k
>>
>>8768330
>I think how people are fed in their formative years makes a big difference.
this.

I neraly lost a good childhood friend of mine recently because of obesity.

>be Danefag
>Known this guy and his family for almost 20 years
>Kid was always fat, his mom too
>his dad and sister normal weight
>His family was always poor = no McD or BK because we live in one of the top countries on the Big Mac Index (it's literally $10 for a Big mac menu here because our 25% VAT and fat & sugar taxes)
> They eat a lot of traditional danefag food, though (which can be quite loaded with fat and calories.)
> mfw mom and son always have a massive plate full, his dad and sister eat normal portions.

>later on my friend lives alone with his mom (his sis had moved out and his parents had a divorce)
>go to visit them
>find out my friend took an education to become a cook, and he got a back injury while being an apprentice.
>Couldn't work, so he ended up @ home playing loads of Diablo 2
>He's grown a lot since school, literally a hamplanet now

>Have car, so help them out with shopping one day
>two full carts for two people and a guest.(skinny me)
>wtf.face.jpg when told the 2 carts full are to last a WEEK

>At age 22, he gets his first heart attack
>at hospital they weigh him... he maxes the scale out at 350
We are metricfags over here, so that's KILOGRAMS!
>they can't operate because he's too fat

>Later on he's contacted by a TV host/personal trainer from Danish version of "the biggest loser"
>Too fat to participate on TV show, but TV guy offers friend a specialized diet & training regimen.
>after nearly a year, he's down to a very respectable 150 kg
>He starts getting problems with his heart (which is still used to a body 3 times larger)
>Can't exercise no more
>goes back to playing Diablo 3 all day
>baloons up to his old weight

A little over 2 weeks ago, he ended up in hospital again because his organs were shutting down.
nearly died.
>>
>>8768639
me again

Strangely enough my friend ate relatively normally when he came over to my house for dinner.

but nonetheless I really think it was his upbringing... I remember while being over at his house, his mom would sit on the computer all day (Diablo 2, Settlers or The Sims), and basically treated her kids as her private servants to get her soda, chips and other shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (82KB, 1052x845px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
82KB, 1052x845px
>always thought that one of the reasons Amerifats are that fat is because they can get fast food for dirt cheap
>check the Big Mac Index for the first time
>your Burgers are even more expensive than in Germany
how can ANYONE justify paying 5 burgerbucks for a Big Mac? That's insane. Even paying 3.59 eurobucks feels like I'm overpaying by at least 1 buck.
>>
File: psychopharmacology.png (101KB, 470x659px) Image search: [Google]
psychopharmacology.png
101KB, 470x659px
These people are fucking addicted to food.

Treat them like addicts.
>>
>>8768634
>whole wheat toast
>vegetables
>meat and cheese
>milk
>fruit
Looks pretty healthy to me (though it could use a bit more more vegetables and less cheese).
>>
>>8758622
>Heart rate of 94 BPM

That's not what my cardiology professor taught me...
>>
>>8766048
yeah, dumb bitch, that's totally why they don't have a type 2 diabetes epidemic, nothing to do with carbs increasing insulin levels.
>>
>>8768739
Not entirely true, junk and fast food is particularly designed to be addictive, hence the motto "bet you can''t eat just one", it's like cigarrettes being lased with nicotine. Healthy people don't live on that kind of food.
>>
>>8768767
>Healthy people don't live on that kind of food.

Obviously, healthy people aren't addicted to food...
>>
>>8768634
A hamburger as a concept isn't necessarily that unhealthy. There's a little more bread than necessary, but essentially it's a ground beef sandwich.

Pizza and fries shouldn't be regular staples, though.
>>
>>8768791
Depends on the quality of the ingredients, bleached flour has no nutritional value, and typically corn syrup.
>>
>>8760766
A fat person can't go from 3000 calorie meals to 400 calorie meals. You have to gradually ween them off of those high calorie meals.
>>
>>8768841
>3000 calorie meals to 400 calorie meals

Doing that isn't really what the /fit/ sticky recommends anyway... Unless you're under medical supervision, which generally means you're so fat the risks of staying fat outweigh the risks of such radical diet.
>>
>>8754021
For starters, even in countries with a high obesity rate, most people aren't as fat as that picture you've posted.

Secondly, obesity is determined by BMI which only takes in height and weight as a factor. This system is inherently flawed because it doesn't take into account fat percentage. There are professional athletes who would be considered "obese" using this system.

I realize the "BMI is flawed" argument is a favorite of fatties but it's actually true. The purpose of the system is to make numbers of obesity higher in order to drive up more funding for the medical establishment.

There's a lot of money to be made selling weight loss.

Also starving yourself down 70 pounds is incredibly unhealthy, OP.
>>
>>8768841
Yes, they can. A fat person can't go from 3000 calorie DAYS to 400 calorie DAYS.
>>
>>8768873
>This system is inherently flawed because it doesn't take into account fat percentage.

So you literally take a single look at the person you're evaluating and see whether they're obviously too fat or too fit

No doctor will ever be bamboozled by this

>There's a lot of money to be made selling weight loss.

That money is made by all the fucking diabetes and cardiovascular disease you prevent you faggot
>>
>>8754032
First post best post. Mostly because of upbringing and parents letting their kids get fat in the first place.
>>
>>8768908
Also, not creating good eating habits early on makes it hard to change them later
>>
File: 130417-MOTW-obesity-map[1].gif (450KB, 497x288px) Image search: [Google]
130417-MOTW-obesity-map[1].gif
450KB, 497x288px
>>8768873
>There are professional athletes who would be considered "obese" using this system.
Yeah, and they are something like 0.01% of the population?

1 in 50 (!) of Americans have a BMI>40. I highly doubt this is because of a surge in Schwarzenegger-tier bodies.
>>
>>8768988
>>8768884
If you just look at raw data then yes, the BMI is out of control.

But go out today and keep track of how many truly obese people you see, obese in the vein of OP's image. I guarantee you if you see 1,000 people today you won't find 50 that look like OP's pic.

I'm not saying you won't see fat people. I'm not saying you won't see overweight people. But you won't see as many of the "my god how do you get that fat" type people, the kind with diabetes, the kind who think a loaf of bread soaked in chicken grease is a good meal.

The obesity "epidemic" is largely just sensationalism.
>>
>>8769019
WTF obviously if you stay in the normal BMI range you're good, anything above that is lumped into the "obesity" category by the media, but in reality we categorize patients based on their BMI and we have distinct approaches for handling each case

>The obesity "epidemic" is largely just sensationalism.

Lol say that to my face... Every fucking week I have to talk to fucking parents who shove flour down their baby's throat because grandma thinks it's "not growing well"... Every fucking week I have to correct some uneducated woman's misconceptions about how to properly feed her kid... And that's when they don't come in with their kids already fucking obese
>>
>>8769049
Learn something: http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n3s/full/ijo200887a.html

>Body mass index (BMI) has various deficiencies as a measure of obesity, especially when the BMI measure is based on self-reported height and weight. BMI is an indirect measure of body fat compared with more direct approaches such as bioelectrical impedance. Moreover, BMI does not necessarily reflect the changes that occur with age. The proportion of body fat increases with age, whereas muscle mass decreases, but corresponding changes in height, weight and BMI may not reflect changes in body fat and muscle mass. Both the sensitivity and specificity of BMI have been shown to be poor. Additionally, the relation between BMI and percentage of body fat is not linear and differs for men and women. The consequences of the errors in the measurement of obesity with BMI depend on whether they are differential or nondifferential. Differential misclassification, a potentially greater problem in case–control and cross-sectional studies than in prospective cohort studies, can produce a bias toward or away from the null. Nondifferential misclassification produces a bias toward the null for a dichotomous exposure; for measures of exposure that are not dichotomous, the bias may be away from the null. In short, the use of BMI as a measure of obesity can introduce misclassification problems that may result in important bias in estimating the effects related to obesity.

>>8769049
>>
>>8769019
>If you just look at raw data then yes, the BMI is out of control.
I'll rather stick to data and not some anecdotal evidence thank you.
>>
>>8769099
Do you think that the limitations of BMI isn't well known?

How would you explain the rise in BMI over the last 30 years? Increase in bone mass?
>>
>>8760124
Eat more vegetables. Fry up some spinach and have some salad along with your meal. Negligible added calories, more vitamins and fiber. Easy fix. Takes less than five minutes and no effort.
>>
>>8760895
Kids feeding themselves out of the kitchen whenever they want plus a steady supply of shit snack food from the grocery store certainly doesn't help. Sitting in front of a computer screen during their free time and hardly going outside to play doesn't help either.

Lots of chubby to obese and skinny children all running around with blossoming posture issues.
>>
>>8769121
My entire point was ABOUT the limitations of BMI.

I'm sorry you don't have basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>8769121
People make more money than they did 30 years ago. Even adjusted for inflation, the average person makes more money than they did today than they did in 1987.

Also take into account the rise in social welfare: people who can't afford to eat now CAN afford to eat. Food stamps don't buy you the healthiest food out there and the rate of obesity correlates fairly well with the rate of welfare recipients.

It's not rocket science, I don't know why this is triggering you so hard.
>>
>>8766818
I'd think it's because of a perceived increase in danger to children. Even though crime rates have been on a steady decline since the late 80's, you're a fucking nut if you let your kid walk to school. I used to bike four miles a day round-trip in the late 90's.
>>
>>8768639
Can't take the fat out of a fat person.
If he stopped eating like a retard, it would have all gone away.
>>
>>8755202

Holy shit.

Are you Niggers such helpless, incompetent, grown-children that you aren't capable of managing the most basic aspects of your own fucking lives?

No wonder every other race hates you. You don't do shit to improve your own lives and fucking try to blame all your problems on everyone else.
>>
>>8755223

And what do we have here?

Niggers who make more money actually eat WORSE foods and are FATTER?

Kinda destroys the "mcdonandls is forcing us to be fat" meme
>>
>>8766497
Look at this dum dum. You can't be that surprised that consuming molecules will result in a reaction from your body. How the hell do you think animals evolved a sense of taste and a preference for certain foods in the first place? Why do you think your dog or cat likes human food? There's a reward mechanism attached to eating on top of complex bodily responses to the molecules consumed. We can even use this to pleasure ourselves by eating sugary desserts or salty greasy meats. It's obvious enough that any layman can see it.
>>
>>8755236
>Do you think the black community should just hide the fact they suffer the highest rates of heart disease, diabetes, and obesity of any race?
>Awareness brings change & healthier black lives senpai.
>Ignorance will only perpetuate the Black Obesity epidemic.

This guy gets it.
>>
>>8764141
>>The CDC found Black Americans had an obesity rate of over 35 percent in 33 states. For Hispanics, the number dropped to 9 states, while whites had an obesity rate north of 35 percent in just one state.

Chinese are even lower. Asians are by far the most disciplined & scientific Race when it comes to health.

Then whites.

Then latinos.

Then there are Niggers who have no sense to take care of themselves then blame everyone else in the world.
>>
>>8767860
Fill your life with things other than food. Get some active hobbies like bicycling or hiking. Listen to podcasts while going for walks. Never, ever, ever reward yourself with food for doing something like this. Find a different way to reward yourself, like buying new clothes or a book or something. You'll get to a point where not eating all the time is its own reward.
>>
>>8769171
Anon, the guy is arguing the obesity epidemic is overblown and people are not as fat as you think.

He also argues BMI isn't accurate because it doesn't take into account bone/muscle mass. (not really a startling revelation)

If the rise isn't caused by a weight increase because of fat well then they are either cooking the books or Americans are turning in to a nation of /fit/ Chads.
>>
File: Twice the Diabetes Rates.jpg (87KB, 1280x655px) Image search: [Google]
Twice the Diabetes Rates.jpg
87KB, 1280x655px
>>8769232
>Anon, the guy is arguing the obesity epidemic is overblown and people are not as fat as you think.

FUCK YOU obesity is not a fucking problem.

Do you know how many African Americans die from Heart Disease & Kidney Failure (diabetes) every fucking year?
>>
> White faggots tryingto argue obesity is not a fucking problem in minority communities

More blacks die from heart disease than any other cause of natural death.

It is absolutely a fucking problem.
>>
I was just reading Subway's menu and the smallest drink they serve is 21oz (600ml), followed by 30oz (850ml). I was shocked and disgusted, so I looked around at a few other menus, and it's the same most places.

I honestly thought the American obesity problem was an overplayed stereotype. There is obesity the world over, but there isn't a single other country where 21oz of coke is considered a small drink. What the fuck?
>>
>>8769575
Half of that is ice
>>
>>8769579
I don't believe you. Even if the cup is filled up half way with ice, that's probably only one fifth of the total volume. And I don't believe it is filled up that high.
>>
>>8769575
>I honestly thought the American obesity problem was an overplayed stereotype. There is obesity the world over, but there isn't a single other country where 21oz of coke is considered a small drink. What the fuck?

Come visit the deep south. Niggers drink sweet tea (sweeter than fucking soda) like its water.

The only 'Mericans who care about health are the Coasts, and maybe Colorado.
>>
>>8766440
/thread if you came for answers and not shitposting.
>>
>>8769209
>Then latinos.

They eat the same food white people eat, they just don't tend to tolerate it as well.
>>
>>8769309
They are not saying it's a problem. They're saying it's your problem.
>>
File: 1484845203813.png (321KB, 372x539px) Image search: [Google]
1484845203813.png
321KB, 372x539px
Obesity is practically non existant in holy Japan. Being fat is only a white piggu, spic and nigger problem. Bow to your overlords fatties
>>
File: 1463683751849.png (397KB, 492x454px)
1463683751849.png
397KB, 492x454px
>>8754162
>Its genetics
>phoneposters actually believe this
>>
>>8769584
Even if it was true and half could be ice you still get your own drinks at subway so being a fat fuck and only getting a little ice compared to the half it could be is still the customers decision.....so..... Americans are fat.
>>
>>8769826
That's always puzzled me, how is it that Asian countries stay so thin when like 70% of their diet is carbohydrates?
>>
>>8769970
they don't eat shit tons of fast food
they eat much less sugar
>>
File: image6[1].jpg (77KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
image6[1].jpg
77KB, 610x343px
>>8769976
and smaller portion
>>
>>8769970
Quite a few balloon up when they get over here, but they think being fat is good/a sign of wealth.
>>
>>8769970
Carbs don't make you fat, an excess of calories from any food group will make you fat.
>>
>>8769976
They may not eat as much sugar but they eat a fuckload more starch which still turns to glucose in the bloodstream.
>>
>>8766757
Thats from the enlarged heart
>>
>>8766440
>Will power is a myth
Even if their brains don't give them enough rewards for the same amount of food (and is this because they're fat or why they're fat?) that would still mean they have a problem with will power. Even if it's harder, it could still be overcome with will power, and even if it's completely out of their control, that doesn't make them not disgusting societal weak-ends.
>>
>>8769970
Carbohydrates are healthy. Fruits and vegetables are full of carbohydrates. The idea that they're unhealthy is absurd.
Somewhere along the way people took cake=bad and cake=carbohydrates and turned it into carbohydrates=bad
>>
>>8766828
>Mio

Miss me with that artificial sweetener bullshit. Better to just drink the damn water with fruits or something infused in it.
>>
>>8767835
They debunked this myth afaik. Shopping in bulk (Costco and the like) and just not wasting money on stupid bullshit help.
>>
>>8770136
but don't carbs spike your blood sugar?
my dad is diabetic and his doctor says he can't have carbs
>>
>>8770198
There's different types of carbohydrate, anon.
>>
>>8767835
When people say "healthy food is expensive" they mean ready-to-eat healthy food, which is true.
Healthy raw ingredients, which you can then cook into healthy food, are dirt cheap. But unfortunately cooking is a foreign concept to most of the population nowadays.
>>
>>8770203
fiber, starch, and sugar right?
but fiber isn't digested and starch still causes blood sugar spikes and sugar is sugar
so which carb is the healthy carb?
>>
>>8754032
Parents can't stand being fat themselves so they take down their children with them, as always, fpbp
>>
File: 1491253458751.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1491253458751.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>8757341
t. food marxist
>>
>>8770198
The doctor probably means donuts but he should specify that because a statement like "no carbs" is incredibly confusing since vegetables/fruits are full of them.
>>8770212
Carbs in the form of whole vegetables are healthy. They provide energy and fiber and the vegetables are full of other good things too.
>>
>>8770238
doctor gave him a list and everything. no bread, no pasta, no potatoes, no carrots, I'm pretty sure there were a couple kinds of beans on it as well. I don't think he was just talking about sugar.
>>
>>8768769
Healthy people are not addicted to addictive food? Maybe because they don't live on it?
>>
>>8770246
I don't know much about his condition but I've only heard doctors say good things about getting most of your food/calories from fruits/vegetables which is almost inevitably going to be high carb.
>>
>>8770298
That may be the case for the average person, but maybe diabetics are different, since their blood sugar is a concern?
Like, fruit can be healthy AND still spike your blood sugar, the average person can deal with that though.
>>
>>8754021
>starving yourself
>on /ck/
go back to /fit/ faggot, everyone here likes food
>>
>>8770303
I can see that, seems pretty shitty though if you would have to avoid food that would otherwise be very healthy in order to be relatively healthy.
>>
>>8754032
Family is a common cause, but hanging out with obese people can make you obese even if your family didn't. We generally pick up our eating habits from those around us. If you grow up with people who commonly consume more calories than they burn in a day obesity is really just a matter of time. Because the more overweight you get the more you need to eat not to feel hungry, and the thing becomes a vicious cycle.

I'm from a mostly obese family. Most of my life was just overweight, but I did manage to become obese in my 30's. Took two years of work to become trim. Had to change my eating habits entirely - basically reject the way I was raised to eat. Now when I visit with them it's always a shock, because now that I no longer eat like that I forget just how fucking much they eat. It's not just large portions at meals, but it's constantly SNACKING between meals - knocking back almost another meals' worth of calories between meals as a snack. Large portions will catch up with you over time, but when you see young people obese that's a culture of snacking. Basically anytime is an excuse to be eating something. That plus regular meals will make you obese really quick.
>>
People eat until they're full.
Not until they're just not hungry anymore.
>>
>>8757341
No, not all calories are equal. Not even all sugar sources are metabolized similarly.
>>
>>8768630
>I agree, but that's still literally 4 times what you eat. A person of average height who sits on their ass in an office all day and drives to work still needs ~1500 a day. You must be one he'll of a scrawny manlet.

I'm 6'1.
>>
>>8771289
You must be extremely sedentary
>>
>>8766440
>Will power is a myth
Hey anon I've been meaning to ask a medfag this - do you believe in free will?
>>
body body fat %s
>>
>>8754021
Why would they turn away their best customers?
>>
>>8754021
Corn syroup everywhere, everybody addicted to sugar. Start paying attention to ingredients of food you buy, that shit is everywhere.
>>
>>8768739
>Treat them like addicts.
So, ignore them and act like there's no real problem?
>>
>>8773446
Let them deal with it themselves. You know, like the adults they are instead of child-patrons of the maternal-state.
>>
>>8756604
Low quality bait
>>
>>8770238
>>8770246
>>8770298
>>8770303
>>8770328
Type 1 diabetics need a completely different diet than regular people. It's not good to compare them.
>>
>>8771289
You don't know how to count calories correctly. I'm 6' and I cut on 2600 calories.
>>
>>8756570
>>8756655
>>8756671
>being this rude and having no empathy
Women belong on Reddit.
>>
>>8756570
>hahaha I'M AN ASSHOLE
yeah you are
>>
>>8755211
why does the fat one look all sad and depressed?
>>
>>8760895
Yeah,yeah,fuck you,i wanna see you walk to school 30km away from your home,and then return.
>>
>>8775348
>30km
In english, please.
>>
>>8775351
>literally the entire rest of the english speaking world uses metric
>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
americans are so embarrassing
>>
>>8775351
Mate I really dislike public transport,but that is mostly because it is always loaded with people,but it's a necessary evil is what I was trying to say in my original post.
>>
>>8775064
>>8775307
How rustled do you have to be to samefag a post after five days? I'm guessing over 400 lbs of rustling.
>>
>>8775370
The boss can bend the rules. The wageslaves beneath him must conform.
>>
>>8754021
American slop
>>
>>8775492
>samefag
no i just popped in to tell you you're an asshole
>>
>>8775519
>america runs the world
oh, honey
>>
I hate how fat my country is. I'm glad I'm not one of these pigs. I feel ashamed to breath the same air as them. Every time I'm out shopping, buying veggies and raw ingredients, I always see some fat lard mother buying 30 bags of chips, 6 different 2 liters of sodas, and all the processed junk under the roof. And that's what she decides to feed her porky children. It's just disgusting. It should be illegal to be obese unless it's proven as a genetic condition. But for the most part, it's just lack of self-control. And treating your children like that should be considered a form of abuse.
>>
>>8756663
>acting like he's so much better
>went to fucking golden corral

My sides
>>
>>8775556
And their fat little piglets are the ones that they permit to open bags of chips and candy to grab handfulls, shovel into their drooling pieholes, and put back on the shelves. Fucking american white trash sicken me as much as the alternatively colored.
>>
>>8775492
I just got here. Stop acting being a girl.
>>
>>8775519
But seriously fahrenheit is better as it's more precise. And saying "April 5th" is better than "the 5th of April" as most people aren't 70 year old english schoolchildren.

And every man that's set foot on the Moon and soon the first on Mars measure the trip in miles, Yuropoors.
>>
>>8775663
>Stop acting being a girl.

Did your fat fingers get in the way or did you have a rage induced mini stroke?
>>
I take medications that ballooned me from 140 to 230. Literally 100 lbs difference. Psychiatry is evil. Literally thinking of just stop taking my schizo meds and starving myself till I'm back to normal.
>>
>>8776499
Can't you count? It's literally a 90 lbs difference.
>>
>>8754021
I don't know. I'm 5'10" 145-150 lbs, almost all of my friends and my brother are overweight. The worst one is 5'9" and around 330 lbs, and keeps getting bigger. I've been confronted for having an "eating disorder" lol. Every time I start going over 150 lbs I watch what I eat, I know that might be a bit extreme but I like being skinny. I drink everyday and eat fast food a few times a week, I just keep track of calories, fat etc and I exercise. Fat camp should be mandatory and as much as I love pop hfcs should be banned.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.