[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and don't eat vegetables other than lettuce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2963.jpg (245KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.jpg
245KB, 576x384px
I'm 19 and don't eat vegetables other than lettuce and carrots. What do I do to like other non starchy vegetables? I'm vitamin D deficient and don't get enough fiber because I'm a carb o holic.

Vegetables are just disgusting. Broccoli is like trees. Anything green is scary.
>>
Seriously? Try making vegetables with spices. Curry seasoned lentils are awesome with rice.

Or do what my brother did and put sauce on it. Salad and dressing. Broccoli and teriyaki sauce.
>>
>>8753280
Quite being a faggot and eat your vegetables. You'll get used to them after a while, and then you'll start to like them.
>>
Stir fry
>>
>>8753280
finding preparation methods that you really like for certain vegetables may help you out here. when i was younger i wasn't a huge fan of brussels sprouts, cauliflower, or broccoli when presented plainly or uncooked. but brussels sprouts cooked up in a pan with a little bacon are great, cauliflower can be blended up into a mashed potato analog, broccoli is awesome in thin sauces because the tree leaves soak up everything for extra tastiness.

also double down on the carrots. they're great for you. keep that up.

put peanut butter on celery, make ants on a log.

cucumber is pretty inoffensive. how do you feel about vinegary dishes? thin sliced cucumber and onions chilled in a vinegar dressing is a pretty common salad and would be good with summer coming up.

>vitamin D deficient
make all these great vegetables and sit outside in the sun to eat them
>>
Roasting vegetables is always really good, anything with olive oil, salt and pepper roasted in an oven comes out delicious.

Some of my favorite things to roast are brussel sprouts, asparagus, and cauliflour.
>>
File: IMG_1273.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1273.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>8753280
>>
>>8753280
Hold on, are those strawberries in that salad? If that a thing people do?
>>
I started eating them when they're in something else once I was old enough to not get away with taking them out any more, and I just kind of slowly expanded from there.
>>
>>8753280

Eat more oats if your wanting fibre. Leafy greens don't actually contain that much.
>>
Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Fiber is primarily found in carbohydrate-rich foods because only plants make carbohydrates and fiber is a group of carbohydrates.

Food is not a good or sufficient source of vitamin D. Vegetables don't contain vitamin D. You have to take a supplement.
>>
>>8753767
>do people combine different tastes to create new tastes
why yes, they do. You're one of those faggots that starts screeching the second someone mentions pineapple on pizza aren't you?
>>
>>8753767
Never had a sweet sauce over a fruit salad?
lmao get off this board and unplug from life.
>>
>>8754325
>taking a meme seriously
>>
File: vitamind550.jpg (138KB, 550x358px) Image search: [Google]
vitamind550.jpg
138KB, 550x358px
>>8753280
You can get d vitamins as supplements (i do) or just getting out in the sun.
And just coat all you vegetables in sugar then slowly remove some over time, you baby.
>>
>>8753712
Can confirm.

Try roasting some carrots, beetroot, potatoes and maybe some onions and garlic. Absolutely delicious and very simple.

If you have vitamin D deficiency you should take supplements. Especially in the winter months when you might not get as much sunlight.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.