[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought some oysters, tried one and it wasn't as good as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (15KB, 440x267px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 440x267px
I bought some oysters, tried one and it wasn't as good as I hoped, it was the texture and the strong taste that got me. I didn't have anything with it and chewed it but I've always seen people in movies give it a bit of lemon or tobasco and shoot it straight down the gullet. Was I doing it wrong and should I try the movie way? I want to enjoy them and they were pretty damn expensive.
>>
did you buy them preshucked in a plastic tub and ate them with a disposable fork?

try going to a decent oyster house a few times before diy
>>
>>8748689
Is the pic related?
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>8748689
>>
>>8748696
Yeah they were, I just saw them and decided to buy them, don't know anything about them, they were bluff oysters so I was guessing they wouldn't be terrible
>>
>>8748696
The fork wasn't disposable though
>>
>>8748689
>>8748729
Notice how in the movies people are eating them out of the shell?

Kinda important that they be fresh.
>>
>>8748729
Those are for cooking dude. Only eat them raw out of the shell and make sure they're alive
>>
>>8748689
People typically eat them right on the coast, terribly fresh, and they are shucked open right at the restaurant. They are indeed a bit chewy, as they are basically one solidly strong muscle type of meat. I have no idea what these are that you bought, some kind of frozen deal and thawed, dunno.

I would suggest that you cook them since you found them strong tasting. Give them a dredge in some lovely breading, and roast til cooked, have great dipping sauces at the ready. Think oysters rockefeller, or think about putting them into something else crispy like puff pastry with some cream.
>>
>>8748689
here ya go, get inspired! 21 recipes. All the classics are there
http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/oysters/21
>>
>>8748823
Yeah, bread them and pan fry them but not too long. That will give you a god start.
I used to eat them off the beach at Hood Canal as a kid.
>>
Anyone else call them whale snots?
>>
>>8748813
Alright will do this
>>
>>8748689
The kroger around here always has them in the case. However case temp always reads a good 15-20F over what is supposedly safe.

In addition the tub even tells you that you should not eat these raw.
>>
File: 1402.png (342KB, 490x640px) Image search: [Google]
1402.png
342KB, 490x640px
>>8748689
>eating oysters from a plastic tub without cooking them
>flyovers will do this
>>
>>8748813

do americans really chew raw oysters?
>>
>>8748689
Try removing top half, then add some butter/garlic mix and top with some parmesan. In oven at 400c for 10 mins. Enjoy.
>>
>>8750714
Would rather suck a dick.
>>
>>8748848
wtf I do that too!
>>
>>8750714
O B E S E D
B
E
S
E
D
>>
>>8748729
And you didnt get sick?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.