[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fish disgusts me, how do I change my perception of it? Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Fish disgusts me, how do I change my perception of it? Thinking of starting out raw fish because sushi is palatable whereas cooked fish just makes me nauseaus.

Also are mushrooms important? Because I can't eat them either, the idea of eating a fungus just creeps me out.
>>
I feel like I should replicate Jap diets since they live so long and fish is the first step.
>>
don't eat fish

it's the least sustainable protein (with a few exceptions)
>>
>>8748583
>sustainable
what does that even mean?

anyway, japs live the longest and it's generally accepted their diet is the reason for this. I eat 2kg of chicken a week anyway, I can live with getting some of the protein from other sources.
>>
>>8748579
Koreans live the longest because they eat kimchi apparently. Try using canned fish and make salmon cakes, or tuna cakes. Then try moving on to grilled white fish from a resaurant
>>
>>8748577
Try mushrooms with braised beef and gravy. I had that last week and the mushrooms were amazing. I hate mushrooms normally. Too slippery. These mushrooms were tiny and still had the caps.
>>
>>8748640
and what does kimchi do that makes them live longer?
>>
>are mushrooms important
You don't need mushrooms to be healthy, if that's what you're asking.

Pretty much the only fungus that I'm okay with is yeast.
>>
>>8748577
i hated fish too.
actually i still do hate most fish.
i do make an exception for salmon and tuna though.
those are the only types of fish that i like. other kinds just taste disgusting to me. and i literally have tried everything manta ray to dolphin and shark.
>>
>>8748577
Mushrooms are important because they contain amino acids that aren't found in any other foods we eat. They're extremely healthy for you, but ONLY in cooked form, because cooking breaks down the cellular walls and allows your body to absorb their special nutrients. (Kind of like how tomatoes are healthier for you when cooked).
There are numerous ways to incorporate mushrooms into your foods. When we were getting our toddler son to eat mushrooms, we would pulse them in the food processor until they were about the same texture as ground meat, and then add them to ground beef or ground turkey for burgers or cottage pie, etc. Our son is a teenager now, and he loves mushrooms (and fish too, as a matter of fact, fish is his favorite food). Another good way to start enjoying mushrooms is in soups or sauces. They really add a savory, meaty flavor to brothy soups or sauces for meats. And make sure you try different varieties, not just standard button mushrooms.
And, as far as fish goes, if you want to start with sushi, Don't eat rolls. Start by ordering sashimi or nigiri, because then you'll actually be able to taste the fish and not just whatever else they stuffed in the roll and smothered in sauce. Toro, which is tuna belly, is one of the best, but it's pricey. It's so tender it melts in your mouth. Yellowtail is another good one. I don't care for salmon sashimi, but a lot of people like it. I prefer my salmon grilled or pan cooked or poached. I'd say try mackerel sashimi, but I think it's probably too strong for someone who's just trying to get into eating fish.
Also, like someone else said, buy some canned salmon (you could also use fresh, if you really wanted to) and make salmon cakes. That's a cheap and delicious way to eat fish, and great for beginners. Again, that's how we got our son to start eating fish as well. And now he eats all kinds of fish, all the time.
>>
>>8748577
Raw fish?

Not even once.
>>
File: cb9.jpg (722KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
cb9.jpg
722KB, 1200x902px
>>8749243
never had sushi? GOD you're pathetic *rolls eyes at you*
>>
>>8748577
slow exposure. start mixed with things, different dishes, different types of fish. It's a bit of an undertaking.

I mean, just look at me, I was one of those cilantro is soap faggots but started with pico and pho, and am no starting to appreciate it.
>>
You can eat cod

I hate fish but can eat cod
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.