[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are aspartame and other artificial sweetners actually bad for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: aspartame.jpg (160KB, 463x348px) Image search: [Google]
aspartame.jpg
160KB, 463x348px
Are aspartame and other artificial sweetners actually bad for you or is that fake news?
>>
>>8743963
Define "fake"
>>
>>8743963
50/50 because now they're the raw distilled essence of GMO plants so you can expect your body to reject them.
I just avoid them because they taste like fucking shit and sugar rotting your teeth is just a meme or monkeys would surely not have any teeth.
>>
>>8743963
Just don't use sweeteners, including sugar. There, now your bases are covered.
>>
If you put stock in peer-reviewed study, scientific reasoning, logic, etc, then no.

If you are the kind of person influenced by hearsay and smelly people, then yes.
>>
>>8743979
>>>/x/
>>
>>8744097
I never believed that shit either but now they are pure GMO sourced and about a thousand times more likely to have negative health effects than their naturally sourced predecessors, the way americans consume them.

I play it safe and use sugar. Denying your body sugar is a fool's plight to begin with.
>>
File: 1479783175099.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1479783175099.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>8743979
>soccermom superstition definition of GMO
>>
I put Walmart's great value brand aspartame on everything. love it.
>>
File: IMG_20170387_104224.jpg (29KB, 320x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170387_104224.jpg
29KB, 320x201px
>>8744109
Way ahead of you friend.
>>
>>8743963
How about just use them in moderation you dingus
>>
>>8743963
>Are aspartame and other artificial sweetners actually bad for you or is that fake news?

Not even a food product. Stay the fuck away from it.
>>
>>8744117
And out of the frying pan and into the fire we go
>>
>>8744120
We haven't definitively proved the health effects yet, and I don't claim there are any.

What I DO worry about is crop pollution and seed infertility because Monsanto wants to protect their patents.
What do we do when seeds simply refuse to grow any more? The threat is airborne and a speck of pollen can ensure you have no crops next year, and Monsanto is suing you because now your crop contains their patented DNA?

You do realize that sensible people have real problems with this that aren't all health related right?

Go buy a green pepper at the store and plant 50 of the seeds. None of them will go. Your vegetables are no longer able to self replicate.
You people bitch about world hunger and shit and then shill for Monsanto, because in days past that one pepper had enough seeds to grow over 300lbs of vegetables.

This shit is out of hand and it's barely started and dumb mother fuckers like you come around every once in a while to tell everyone there's nothing to see here. Well there is.
In 50 years every vegetable on earth will be infertile and belong to Monsanto.
Fuck you dude shill for McDonalds of someone that isn't aiming to destroy the world.
>>
>>8744170
You seem to have a grasp of the bioethics regarding genetically modifying out food, but you have made it clear that you have no understanding of how the process even works if you think that "We haven't definitively proved the health effects yet, and I don't claim there are any."
There is evidence that even a layperson like yourself would understand that clearly shows that the only thing we should be worried about is potential allergens, lower nutrients, and as you have mentioned limiting the gene pool of our plants.
Also to say it is out of hand it ridiculous. Did you know that non-GMO products are usually derived from GMO variants that have been forcefully mutated back to the wildtype genotype? With your level of knowledge that would mean that the non-GMO plants are no different from the GMO ones. Plebs these days man...
>>
>>8744450
Strawman: The post.

"I understand what you said and agree with you, so I'm going to google big words and try to prove you wrong so I can start another moronic 4chan fight."

Go back to /b/.
>>
They're safe.
>>
>>8744462
They have shown there are generally no negative health effects which is what that dude was saying. You disagree with that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.