[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was the best thing Wendy's ever made. Why did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (10KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
10KB, 199x253px
This was the best thing Wendy's ever made. Why did the get rid of it?
>>
To make you crave it while it's gone then bring it back and sell a mountain more than if they offered it all the time
Every single fast food chain does this.
>>
>>8743449
Why?

Why doesn't say, McDonalds do that with the Big Mac if it's more profitable?
>>
>>8743451
>Why?
Every now and then McDonald's brings back the McRib, far and away one of their most popular limited time burgers. When they take the McRib away from you, you get nostalgic for it. You crave it. You hype it up in your own mind to be the greatest burger you've ever had, and when McDonald's bring it back you rush into the nearest restaurant and order a dozen McRibs when you wouldn't ordinarily go to McDonald's.
Eventually the hype wears off and it becomes just another item on the menu. Then they take it away and the whole process starts again.

>Why doesn't say, McDonalds do that with the Big Mac if it's more profitable?
Every restaurant needs their staple menu items, their bread and butter so to speak.
>>
>>8743503
What makes them choose one item to be a staple and another to be seasonal? What's the logic behind their choices?

Why doesn't Wendy's make their 4-Alarm Spicy Chicken a staple?
>>
>>8743449
Have they ever brought it back though? I remember at one time they did a similar thing with a burger, but as far as I know the never brought back the chicken sammich officially.
>>
>>8743509
I think with the McRib it has to do with the market price of the pork. When it dips below a certain threshold they bring it back. With the 4 alarm sammich I don't know. They have everything to make it but the """""""artisan"""""" bun at all times.
>>
>>8743522
Or when they need a bump in sales. It comes back every year around thanksgiving, the time of year when people eating out in general drops.
>>
>>8743509
>What makes them choose one item to be a staple and another to be seasonal? What's the logic behind their choices?

As far as the Big Mac goes, it's iconic with McDonald's. When you think McDonald's you think Big Mac. Sure you could get a cheeseburger or a chicken sandwich from anywhere, but you can only get a Big Mac from McDonald's. It's become so ingrained in popular culture that people will go out of their way to get a Big Mac, even though it really isn't anything special.
As far as the rest of the normal menu goes, it's just your standard burger restaurant fare, but with a massive global brand behind it.
>>
It's been over a decade and I still want the chicken caesar pita. I know I can make it myself but I want wendy's to do it so I can get a side of fries with it. I'm crying right now because I can't order it.

I WANT IT
>>
>>8743509
>What makes them choose one item to be a staple and another to be seasonal?

Corporate is full of dumbasses, I work for a different chain and all our shitty food will not leave rotation, but the shit that everyone, including the employees, order out the ass is gone next season. What the fuck, I even checked the numbers, there's no goddamn reason half that shit is gone while the shitty stuff that everyone complains about stays
>>
>>8743639
see
>>8743449

Temporary items are more popular than permanent items because they're temporary. When that awesome seasonal burger gets a permanent position on the menu it becomes less awesome and just another menu option.
>>
>>8743503
Is it the same with the Volcano Taco and Burrito with Tacobell? I can never tell with hot food gimmicks because of people who always bitch about hot food.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.