[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever eat patty melts, /ck/? I haven't had one in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Do you ever eat patty melts, /ck/? I haven't had one in years but had random cravings for swiss cheese and onions the other day
>>
That looks quite good famalamadingdong.

Why are you Americans so adamant about your grilled cheese / melt differentiation btw? Grilled cheese is a misnomer to begin with since it's not the cheese being grilled but the toast and the cheese is incidentally being melted. (Though one might argue the toast is toasted in a pan and not grilled either.)

So why grilled cheese + whatever = melt and why grilled cheese to begin with?
>>
>>8742619
You are mistaken. It is not a "grilled cheese" sandwich. It is a grilled "cheese sandwich." The name makes perfect sense
>>
>>8742627
Point taken.
Still my main point was about the grilled cheese / melt thing.
>>
>>8742630
A grilled cheese sandwich is one that features no meat, and becomes a melt as soon as you introduce meat.
>>
>>8742663
I make all my grilled cheeses in a skillet and add meat.
>>
>>8742603
definitely gonna make this later was wondering what to do with the last slices of swiss.
>>
>>8742663
I know the difference. I just question the point. Adding shit to a warm cheese sandwich is not some radical new thing.
>>
>>8742693
So what do you suppose we do? Do we call a patty melt a "Grilled cheese with patty"? Or do we go the other way and a call a grilled cheese a "cheese melt"?
>>
File: quad_sides_small[1].jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
quad_sides_small[1].jpg
49KB, 480x480px
As soon as I get $80 to blow for no raisin at all

Soon....
>>
>>8742663
It's whichever sounds best linguistically.

That's why a hot sandwich with just cheese is a "Grilled cheese" but a hot sandwich with tuna salad is a "Tuna melt"... but restaurants offer "Grilled Ham n Cheese" as an option, because "Ham Melt" sounds like a Amy Schumer netflix special.
>>
pathetic toast job
>>
>>8742603
Is that a cum sammich?
>>
>>8742805
I'm not sure about that. A ungrilled "ham and cheese sandwich" is already a well known/established sandwich. I think they're just following the convention of the pre-existing version rather than naming it that way because it sounds better
>>
>>8742603
Yeah, one of my favorite burgers from whataburger. Think I'll get one actually.
>>
>>8742619
its the other way around
theres grilled cheese

then theres sandwiches with cheese melted onto it. melts have a non melt version

then theres toast
>>
My go-to for lunch/dinner at greasy spoons.
Best with rye bread.
>>
>>8742603
Whenever I'm at a restaurant and they have patty melts, I get one every time.
>>
A patty melt is a hamburger on white bread. Prove me wrong
>>
>>8743177
No one is going to argue against that, but patty melts are specifically a hamburger on white bread with onions and melted cheddar/swiss. Why you feel the need to challenge others to prove you wrong about this is the real concern I have about your statement.
>>
>>8743192
so it's a cheese burger on white bread.
>>
>>8743223
also onions. and then nothing else.
>>
>>8743223
A cheese burger with specific toppings on sliced bread. Now that your assessment has been affirmed, be autistic elsewhere.
>>
I like my patty melts with a bun, tomato, and lettuce.
>>
>>8743320
It took you that long to come up with that? You suck dude.
>>
>>8742603
I liek patty
>>
>>8743331
Slow internet
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.