[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ i'm a little new to cooking and this board so bear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: pepper_jack_m&c.jpg (50KB, 363x256px) Image search: [Google]
pepper_jack_m&c.jpg
50KB, 363x256px
Hey /ck/ i'm a little new to cooking and this board so bear with me.
I want to make macaroni and cheese but ain't got no cheese. Can I substitute butter or would it be too runny?
>>
>>8741578
1. There's already butter in mac and cheese
2. No you cannot make it without some form of cheese. Then it's just pasta with a cream sauce.
>>
>>8741578
obvious bait post but will give good advice anyway
make butter pasta, it's pretty good but isn't mac & cheese.

you want mac & cheese? buy cheese
>>
>>8741578
Butter is pretty common as a replacement actually. Just do it.
>>
>>8741581
Then how come with other dishes you can substitute pretty much everything and call it what it is but not macaroni and cheese?
>>
>>8741587
Bro by that logic you can replace the bun on the McChicken with pizza crust and the chicken with standard pizza toppings and call it a McChicken. There's got to be a line to draw when substituting ingredients where it just becomes a completely different dish.
I can't prove any of that though. Yeah butter would probably work as a decent substitution for cheese. Both are dairy.
>>
>>8741578
Make aglio e olio
>>
>>8741596
>Make aglio, aglio e peperoncino, you mean
>>
>>8741587
>you can substitute pretty much everything and call it what it is

yeah idk who told you that but they're fucking retarded.
>>
>>8741603
But I will call it what it is and you can't stop me.
I will substitute chicken with fish and call it a chicken sandwich.
How does it feel to be so powerless?
>>
Hey thanks for the answers guys. I decided to just use the butter in place of cheese and its a little runny bit I expected as much.
Tastes relatively the same so I say its a success.
>>
>>8741593
Deconstructed McChicken®
>>
>>8741630
call it whatever you want, i'll just think you're an idiot.
>>
>>8741635
>Tastes relatively the same
Philistines geh raus
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.