[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at saucepans. I'm trying to decide between 1.5qt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fullsize[1].jpg (49KB, 640x409px) Image search: [Google]
fullsize[1].jpg
49KB, 640x409px
Looking at saucepans. I'm trying to decide between 1.5qt vs 2qt along with 3qt vs 4qt. Any advice?
>>
>>8739870
2qt all-clad
3.5qt all-clad.

If you're feeling frisky then get a 2qt saucier.
>>
Depends on what you cook and for how many people. I have a 1.5 qt and it works fine for me, but I'm forever alone.
>>
Bigger is usually better. Even if you put the same volume in a bigger pan, it will splatter less, not boil over as fast, etc.
>>
I cook for 2, but appreciate leftovers
>>
I've found that Calphalon tri-ply is a good value for the quality of the pots. I'd go with the larger pots assuming you already have a small 1 qt already.
>>
>>8739906
I was going to go for the tramontina try ply. I've had one of their skillets for a few years now, and its been absolutely fantastic.

I have a meh bonded bottom 1qt, so I should be covered there.
>>
>>8739870
Whatever you do just don't fall for the no stick meme. Stainless steel is best.
>>
Get a cast iron you cuck
>>
>>8740327
Stainless steel has advantages over cast iron when it comes to saucepans.
>>
Go big or go home frankly. You will always appreciate the bigger cooking surface. 2qt and a 4qt should be perfect.
>>
>>8740333
This. If you're buying a saucepan, and it's not stainless steel, you really should rethink your life.
>>
>>8740797
>>8740333
Wtf. If you're going purely for sauce get copper
>>
>>8741018
copper still has problems with high acidiity high cooktime items
>>
>>8742702
Nobody uses bare copper for those kinds of applications, you can barely even get unlined copper in north america and the stuff that you do find is explicitly labeled as sugar pans and nobody fucking uses them for high acidity high cook time

But you knew that and are just saying stupid shit to keep the thread going, and I commend you for that
>>
>>8742710
:^)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.