[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /ck/ a gril from my work convinced me to buy tempeh. what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: Tempeh-2.jpg (1MB, 2000x1573px) Image search: [Google]
Tempeh-2.jpg
1MB, 2000x1573px
hi /ck/ a gril from my work convinced me to buy tempeh. what the heck can/should i do with it?
>>
Ive had it in a curry before. Was satisfied. Better than tofu imo
>>
You can make vegan bacon.
>>
>>8739773
It looks like peanuts frozen into a block
>>
>>8739807
>Better than tofu imo
does it taste different? or is it mostly just a texture thing?
>>
>>8739821
I distinctly remember it was tastier than tofu. They nsy have soaked it in salt or otherwise marinated it. . who knows. But ive never enjoyed any tofu dish for what its worth
>>
Only tried it once. Tasted earthy and had a coarse texture. Didn't like it all that much.
>>
>>8739834
fair enough. i was always very hesitant and reluctant to try tofu and the like, but i definitely enjoy it more than i thought i would. it makes great backpacking food because it doesn't spoil as easily as meet
>>
>>8739773
coat in tumeric powder and fry
season with a small amount of salt

It's a cheap and easily made snack.
>>
>>8739850
True
>>
>>8739773
fuck her op
>>
>>8739852
this sounds tasty. i don't have any tumeric powder in the house, but i will definitely have to try it in the future.
>>
File: IMG__20170383__104320.jpg (101KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG__20170383__104320.jpg
101KB, 604x311px
>>8739773
You're in the friend-zone bro.
>>
>>8739866
i plan on it. we're going camping with my friend and his girlfriend this weekend
>>
http://www.veggiebelly.com/2012/06/curried-tempeh-grilled-cheese-sandwich-with-mango-chutney.html
>>
>>8739889
see
>>8739890
>>
>>8739773
Season and fried it.
Eat with hot rice and sambal.
That's the way they do it in Indonesia.
>>
>>8739910
see
>>8739889
>>
>>8739917
thanks anon what do you usually season it with? do you use tumeric as well?
>>
>>8739957
Extreme version will use crushed garlic, shallots, etc. No, not turmeric. It's messy. Indonesians try not to use powder stuff like Pajeets.

Honestly, if you like the taste, salt and pepper are enough. Just slice thinly and pan fry it.

Sambal, you can get from Asian shops.
>>
>>8739975
>Indonesians try not to use powder stuff like Pajeets.
interesting haha it blows my mind that i can just go online and get indonesian cuisine tips from someone who's actually in indonesia. thanks again
>>
>>8739993
Actually, Indonesia is blocked by 4chan. They shitpost too much.
>>
>>8740003
sauce?
>>
>>8740019
t. Indonesian.
>>
>>8739975
>messy
>avoid powder stuff like pajeets

lmao dude I'm chinese and it's literally one of the best ways to make cheap, filling tempe snacks with minimal prep that I've learned from a malay friend.

also, your govt's Internet Positif campaign really is a pain in the ass eh
>>
>>8740101
Not Internet Positiv. 4chan really blocked a few countries because of excessive shitposting. One of them is Indonesia.
>>
Wikipedia said you soak it in brine and then deep fry it.
>>
>>8740101
I meant using raw turmeric is messy.
>>
you can make fried tempeh with soy sauce
>>
>>8739773
you know when civet cats eat coffee fruits and they poop out the beans? That's what tempeh looks like
>>
>>8740299
thanks for that
>>
marinade in soy, ginger, garlic and chilli
>>
>>8739852
This is good. I would slice the tempeh quite thin, so it turned out crispy.
>>
>>8739773
Vegan here. Tempeh is the worst faux meat you can buy, and is usually miles more expensive than the tofu or seitan sitting right next to it.

The texture is flavorless soy nuts bound by tortilla dough. Flavor never penetrates it, and however you prepare it, it will still be disgusting.

You got memed
>>
>>8741541
This. Seitan is way better. Plus it's made of wheat so it keeps the estrogen-in-soy nutjobs quiet.
>>
>>8739773
Nothing. It's disgusting hipster shit.

>>8741550
>Seitan
>wheat gluten
You get a whole nother category of nutjobs though
>>
>>8741541
You are buying some shitty tempeh, m'lady. Stop buying ready-made shit and start making your own. Especially seitan. Who the hell buys seitan with a 600% markup when all you need to to is add water and wash. Are you simple minded perhaps?
>>
So OP invited the girl over to show him how to make the food, they watched a documentary about factory farms, than he made sweet sweet love to her for 2 minutes while she made overly enthusiastic gestures and he unexplainably went soft.
>>
>>8740022
>t. Indonesian
Go piss on Suharto's grave for me, would ya?
>>
>>8739773

if it tastes bitter as fuck to you, you can boil it first to take out some of the bitterness.

personally i think it tastes disgusting.
>>
>>8741754
Don't live in that piece of shit country anymore.

Personally, I think tourists would have better experience in Singapore or Malaysia. Don't go to the retard country called Indonesia.
>>
>>8741676
I do make my own seitan you fag. This is a cooking board, after all. I also don't have to buy deluxe salt from a French lake to know that all salt is salty.
>>
>>8741940
I also prefer Chinese version of seitan to tempeh. Too bad, couldn't find a good recipe for the Chinese version.
>>
>>8741961
>Needs recipes
Are you simple minded perhaps?
>>
>>8741973
Why so mean? If you need help, just talk with your friends or parents.
No need to aggro anons.
>>
>>8740109
So that's why I can't post from my phone back home. Do i need to use a VPN when I get back?
>>
>>8741994
VPN is also banned from 4chan.
To avoid shitposting.
>>
>>8740109
>blocks Indonesia because of excessive shitposting
>Nah we don't need to block 'Straya
Indonesian shitposters must have been truly legendary
>>
>>8739773
Why don't you ask her cuck.
>>
>>8740109
>>8742104
holy shit Indonesia is my favorite country now
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.