[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought myself a rice cooker and holy fucking shit this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 81JpDwqDOnL._SL1500_[1].jpg (198KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81JpDwqDOnL._SL1500_[1].jpg
198KB, 1500x1500px
I just bought myself a rice cooker and holy fucking shit this is like night and day, everything cooks perfect without even trying.

What are some recipes where I can just dump everything into this magical machine at once and have it come out great?
>>
Depends on the model of rice cooker.

Some of the higher end ones have steaming trays or similar that can be used in all sorts of cooking.
>>
>>8737129
Mine does have a steam tray. For now I've been using it just for steam-fried veggies and chicken on top of rice but I've been looking into ways to use it as a stew pot for roasts, chili, spaghetti, and ramen. This machine is outright going to replace the top of my stove at this rate.
>>
>>8737103
I've got a similar machine and it's awesome at cooking rice. It's not great at browning though so if you're going to make a chilli or curry you'd have to brown the onions and meat off in a pan first before you dump it all in there to slowly cook.

Great bit of kit though.
>>
>>8737103
Rice cooker pancakes are legendary.
>>
>>8737103
>not being able to cook rice
nigga how stupid is you
>>
>>8737157
pancakes. youll never go back after this.
>>
File: jnp1800.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jnp1800.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>8737103
I just bought a rice cooker myself, because I was tired of having to cook rice constantly. Mine is just a straight up rice cooker, though. Pic related, the 10 cup Tiger. I'm so looking forward to just being able to grab a bowl of rice during the day without having to cook another batch.
>>
>>8737288
I had a zojirushi like that from the early 90's. Finally replaced it a year ago with a newer higher end zojirushi with all the fancy settings for rice i never buy.
>>
>>8737298
Yeah, I contemplated getting a zojirushi, but after scrutinizing what people were saying about both brands, there were more people who said that new zojirushis weren't as good as their older models, while people still seem to be enthusiastic about the tigers. I guess I'll find out!
>>
>>8737247
i bet you drive to places or take some sort of automobile instead of just walking there
>>
>>8737330
yes, because it's counter-productive not to.
there's no inherent increase in efficiency using a rice cooker. its literally just people being stupid and/or lazy.
>>
>>8737368
It's called convenience retard. You know, what people who work look for because of time constraints.
>>
>>8737368
Or if you're an Asian family you're going through ~8+ cups of rice a day, it just makes sense to have a rice cooker that you can let soak overnight, be ready for breakfast and kept warm for lunch/dinner, or if you're a large family, you make another batch for dinner.
>>
>>8737368
>there's no inherent increase in efficiency using a rice cooker

You're right.

But there are various other benefits:
-it frees up a hob on the rangetop for cooking other parts of your meal
-assuming you have one with a locking sealed lid (or better yet, the full-on pressure type cookers like the new Zojis), it produces superior texture in the rice.
-most of them are more efficient (use less electricity) than a plain pot on the stove because they are insulated.
>>
>>8737103
Just get a multicooker.
>>
>>8737368
Do you also shun all forms of electricity and keep your home illuminated by whale oil lamp?
>>
>>8737381

so next youre gonna tell me that italian families have a pasta maker for the same reasons?
>>
>>8737391
Either by lamp or bulb, light is a necessity for life.
a rice cooker isn' essential for life...i sure as fuck can put rice and water in a pot.
>>
File: chitarra.jpg (69KB, 753x502px) Image search: [Google]
chitarra.jpg
69KB, 753x502px
>>8737392

My mother's side of the family had pic related, and so did all the other families who lived nearby.
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (36KB, 456x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
36KB, 456x337px
>ITT: people who don't work question convenience.
>>
>>8737403
Light is not a necessity for life, civilization has flourished for 11,000 years without portable light.
Neither is internet.
Better get rid of your computer.
>>
>>8737406
but that doesnt cook the pasta.
>>
>>8737413
convenience = laziness.
>>
>>8737415

>>8737415

>Light is not a necessity for life, civilization has flourished for 11,000 years without portable light.

>what are torches and candles

Nigga you need to see in the dark or you could die.
>>
>>8737420

A "pasta machine" doesn't cook pasta, anon. It makes it.
>>
>>8737530
Not necessary.
Turn off your computer, you don't need that either.
>>
>>8737538

Nigga I'm not the same person.
>>
File: lanny.jpg (36KB, 202x266px) Image search: [Google]
lanny.jpg
36KB, 202x266px
I love my rice cooker. Reason:

You just put in the rice and water and just let it go... it keeps the rice warm and fresh as long as you want, so you can concentrate on cooking your shit. And when you're done: fresh, warm, perfect rice.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.