[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, its been two weeks since i started fermenting my cider,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /ck/, its been two weeks since i started fermenting my cider, there have been a few more bubbles around the edge of it recently as well as a better smell. Other than that not much has changed. Its about 20 secs between bubbles in the airlock. Any advice or comments would be great.
>>
>>8734949
try not posting a sideways picture, saged
>>
>>8734949

First, buy a hydrometer and learn how to use it.

Second, siphon it off the yeast bed and give it another week long secondary fermentation.
>>
Looks like youre makin some jenk
>>
>>8734949
Is that a cummy jar?
>>
>>8735006
How do i use the hydrometer if i dont know the data from before i started fermenting
>>
>>8735060
He clearly means next time.
>>
>>8735060
You can still use it to check it's at FG
>>
>>8735060
Taste the alcohol. I can easily guess within 3% the abv and it's not from years of experience, it's from having a brain. And I smoke 30 little cigars a day so I can't taste shit. This is not hard stuff, and you don't need that piece of equipment unless you plan to distill and sell by alcohol percentage.

You're making a jug of mud obviously. Just drink it and hope it's potent and hope you got all the yeasties out.
>>
>>8735060

You don't.

You use it to make your next batch.
>>
>>8735064
>>8735107
Makes sense, idk what i was thinking
>>
alright OP here, just bought another gallon jug and airlock, hydrometer, and ten packets of ec118 yeast.
>>
>>8735077
>And I smoke 30 little cigars a day so I can't taste shit
Confirmed Meta-level Brewmaster.
>>
File: IMG_6707.jpg (170KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6707.jpg
170KB, 722x1280px
Rate my set up?
>>
>>8735702
LIT/10
>>
>>8735629
Siphon off that first batch until just the yeast cake is remaining, and then put another batch right on top of it, and make sure you've got a good air lock, because those yeast will devour that next batch like a champ.

Give that first batch about a week to finish, and then siphon it off leaving any sediment behind, and you should have some nice clear cider for sippin'.

>>8735702
ghetto / 10
>>
File: IMG_1145.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8735702
Are you me?/10
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.