[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a rule of thumb about how many square inches do I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Is there a rule of thumb about how many square inches do I need in order to cook for a given number of people? I need to figure out how big of a Weber do I want to buy.
>>
About 3 fiddy.
>>
youre age divided by half + seven
>>
>>8734533
2sq feet per adult
>>
>>8734533
get the big one then only turn what you need at the time....it aint rocket science ya daft fart
>>
>>8734572
burn
>>
Get the biggest you can afford. The sweet spots on charcoals grills are almost half the surface area.
>>
>>8734533
Around three hundred and fifty.
>>
>>8734572
How do i "turn on" charcoal grill?

>>8734580
thx
>>
>>8734606
I corrected it you autistic fruit salad look below the original post ... it says burn
>>
>>8734560
Underrated
>>
>>8734533
About thrice quid fifty pence.
>>
File: 307403_630x440_b.jpg (236KB, 630x440px) Image search: [Google]
307403_630x440_b.jpg
236KB, 630x440px
>>8734533
There's no rule of thumb because it depends entirely on how much meat you want to cook for each person. If your meal ONLY consists of meat, and you're feeding a dozen fatasses, then a 40 inch grill may be too small. If, however, you are grilling for a meal that will also include items baked or cooked on a stove, then a standard size, like a 22-26 incher, should be pretty flexible for small to medium size groups of people.

>>8734580
>The sweet spots on charcoals grills are almost half the surface area.
That's not necessarily a hard-and-fast rule. You'll want to be able to use different parts of the surface area at different times during the process - for example, if one piece of meat is thinner than the others, you'll want to move it off the heat once it starts to get close to done so as to time it getting done at the same time as the thicker pieces of meat while still keeping it all on the grill together.

It hasn't been my experience that only half the surface area of a charcoal grill can be used at any given time, but if your meat covers 3/4 of the surface area, then your grill is most likely too small. If you really need more surface area that only gets indirect heat, then learn to use charcoal baskets.
>>
You want a big one OP.

That way you can cook indirectly where you have the coals on one side and the big tasty roast, chicken, brisket, whatever on the other side.

>Plus Hotdogs & Hangerburgers
>>
File: sweetspot.jpg (529KB, 1141x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sweetspot.jpg
529KB, 1141x1500px
>>8735355
Well I was using the information from Modernist Cuisine. I know you can move food around a grill, but the sweet spot is still there and if you want you food to cook the same then you need a bigger sweet spot, otherwise you will have to cook in batches.
>>
>>8735743
>but the sweet spot is still there and if you want you food to cook the same then you need a bigger sweet spot, otherwise you will have to cook in batches.
Did you even read my post?
>>
>>8735990

>That's not necessarily a hard-and-fast rule.
Yeah, it pretty much is.

>Did you even read my post?
Yeah, it pretty shows you're still at the grilling 101 level.
>>
>>8734533
fucking autism levels off the charts.
Weber has 2 fucking sizes you cunt. 2 and 3 burners.
>implying you can afford an $800 grill. nigga please
>>
>>8737268
>gas grills
>>
>>8737270
nice meme.
gas grills are so fucking impractical with their quick heating and inexpensive fuel.
WTF i hate gas grills now
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.