[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/- my $20 tj max no-name non-stick shit the bed, as does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3145.png (599KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3145.png
599KB, 1242x2208px
Hi /ck/- my $20 tj max no-name non-stick shit the bed, as does every $20 non-stick after a 4-5 months. So it's time for a new one. Please redpill me on carbon steel. I accept your recommendations. Will buy one on Amazon in the next couple of days.

>TL:dr what's the best carbon steel 11 or 12 inch skillet
>>
mafter bourgeat
>>
File: fedora.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>8728644
>M'steel
>>
Just buy a Mauviel and be done with it. Buy once cry once or keep buying cheap shit and replacing it.
>>
>>8729463
Nonstick gets raped by high heat and metal utensils.

Carbon steel is impervious to both, but he'll have to learn to use it.
>>
>>8728644
I'm not one to really care for fancy ass pans. But I'd expect most basic pans to last you around 2 years at least before needing to add a little be extra oil
>>
>>8729463
*I'm* not the one raping my pans. And short of bringing the hammer down on my wife and children, I need a more durable nonstick solution. I don't have to worry about them ruining the seasoning with soap, but I can't get them to stop with the metal utensils and jamming them all in the pot/pan drawer and getting all jacked up
>>
>>8728644

I bought a 15 dollar tfal nonstick 10 years ago and its still going strong. I even run it through the dishwasher from time to time.

How much do you retards abuse your nonstick? Do you not own silicon spatulas?
>>
>>8728644
Buy cast iron you stupid faggot. With the right maintenence,they can last you years. I've had mine for 4 years and it still cooks 10 times better than any non stick shit my parents have. Cast iron is also a healthier way of frying.
>>
>Buy a nice, large De-Buyer carbon steel skill
>Can't fucking get the spray on wax or whatever off
>Try scrubbing
>Try soaking in literally boiling water
>Try barkeep's friend
>Finally try baking it off
>Manage to get 80% of it off afterwards using barkeeps friend and so much scrubbing the entire scouring side of a heavy-duty sponge is completely gone
>Can't be assed to do the outside of the pan besides the bottom

What in the FUCK
>>
>>8729964
Vinegar and a brillo pad takes it right off
>>
File: Cleaner.jpg (88KB, 449x471px) Image search: [Google]
Cleaner.jpg
88KB, 449x471px
>>8729964
>>
>>8729563
This. All of my nonstick pans are hand-me-downs with 10+ years on them. They have some scratches but nothing bad. Also, I run them in the dishwasher everytime too.
>>
>>8731011
that's pretty impressive and not my experience with extensive cooking. makes me think you don't cook often enough.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.