[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do eggs have more calories if you scramble them than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: vegeta egg.jpg (79KB, 642x512px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta egg.jpg
79KB, 642x512px
Why do eggs have more calories if you scramble them than if you eat them raw?
>>
>>8724966
Butter.
>>
Cooking increases bioavailability

That's sort of the entire point
>>
>>8724967
What if you don't scramble them with butter? I'm looking for something to add to my diet, and I was thinking eggs. I just want to make sure nothing changes if you scramble them, as everywhere online says they increase in calories, which doesn't make sense.
>>
>>8724972
Then you have terrible taste.
>>
>>8724972
>as everywhere online says they increase in calories,

Like where?
>>
>>8724975
I have great taste, that is how I got fat in the first place.
>>
>>8724972
>calories are bad
get some exercise.
>>
>>8724966
Your pic confirms you for a weeb and therefore fucking brain dead.
/Thread
>>
three things could be affecting it:

1) they could be including an arbitrary amount of added fat in the recipe they use to calculate the calorie count
2) they could be factoring in the digestibility of nutrients in the egg, which will increase with cooking/heating
3) it could be down to the evaporation of water in the egg, which obviously means a gram of scrambled egg will have more calories than a gram of raw.

quite possibly it's a combination of all three things.

what numbers are you using btw?
>>
I think the lie is that cooking breaks up some nutrients that wouldn't be absorbed otherwise.
That's it.
Calories are not a good measure anyway, as it includes any energy generated by combustion, and our body isn't a furnace. We don't even digest half the fat we eat.
>>
>>8724989
This. Our guts aren't bomb calorimeters
>>
It's whatever oil or fat you use to scramble it in. They add calories
>>
A few extra calories from butter is not going to kill you

You probably don't (or didn't) eat enough veggies and lean meats

Besides, fat doesn't make you fat, even though it's high in calories per gram. You need to be avoiding pastas and grains.
>>
>>8724967
who the fuck scrambles eggs with butter?
you're supposed to just add some milk, salt and pepper.
>>
>>8725470
Oh boy
>>
>>8724972

Because you can't digest raw egg whites properly. Raw eggs are a meme excuse when really the answer is "steroids" like every other time a big guy is asked what his secret is
>>
>>8724972
heat = energy
calories = energy

dum ass
>>
>>8725960
Whew lad
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.