[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to eat Chipotle that has been left out for 1-2 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: chipotle.jpg (7KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
chipotle.jpg
7KB, 281x180px
Is it safe to eat Chipotle that has been left out for 1-2 hours before being refrigerated, or will I contract colon cancer or something?

Smells fine
>>
>>8724249
You'll be fine. People are way too sensitive about food these days.
>>
>>8724249
It is not safe to eat chipotle period.
>>
>>8724256
>>8724296

Both of these answers are correct. Be brave.
>>
>>8724249
Is this bait?

You can leave raw meat out for an hour or two before bacteria populations even have a possiblity of reaching any kind of significant threshold.

And I'm a fucking germaphobe.
>>
>>8724256
This. You need to be careful about raw food. It can sit out after having been cooked.
>>
>>8724249
i work at chipotle, the food truly is all organic and we prepare it daily, its fine for you. stop eating the chicken though, sometimes the cooks undercook that
>>
File: 20170323_200558.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_200558.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I made my own in 1.5hrs start to finish from dry beans. No soak required.

Not visible, stewed tomato for intense tomato flavor and Brown rice with a lemon twist.

Cost maaaaaaaaaybe 3bux a bowl (which was larger than chipotlé portions).
>>
>>8724935
Larger portions than Chipotle? Their burritos already are so large that it's uncomfortable to eat them in a single sitting.
>>
Even leaving food out for over a day, you're more likely to attract bugs and pests than get food poisoning. It's not raw meat, what do you expect.
>>
>>8724249
I worked at a grocery store and the official corporate policy was that meat and fish could be left out at room temperature for FOUR HOURS before we had to throw it out.

You're fine.
>>
No, it makes mustard gas
>>
Actual food safety standards for raw and cooked food that needs refrigeration say that there is a 2 hour that starts when cooked food falls under its hot temp, or when raw food goes over fridge temp (about 40 F).

It's literally acceptable by the health department.
>>
>>8725102

Cooked/prepared? Or raw?

If raw, you had a real shitty manager who was cutting corners. 2 hours sitting out at room temp in an unenclosed space is basically the absolute recommended max for most meats before you hit the threshold for serious contamination.
>>
>>8725188
Raw. This was at Sobeys which is a massive corporate chain in Canada. The manager had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>8724935
>1.5 hours
jesus i really hope that gets you a lot of servings
>>
what is this homosex shit I get black out drunk and leave Chipotle burritos out all night and eat them when I come around the whole next day it's fine you fuck knot
>>
>>8726404
/ck/ has some pretty paranoid people, I leave cooked food on the stove for days and never had any problems
>>
>>8724249
I leave pizza out overnight regularly and eat it the morning after, youre fine
>>
>>8724249

It starts to rot 10 seconds after preparation. You might die just from breathing in the fumes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.