[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, so i need help with something. I'm trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey guys, so i need help with something.

I'm trying to identify a type of frosting to put on a cake, it's my birthday cake, I've had it only 2 places that i can recall, on my cousin's wedding cake and on a "wedding cake" cupcake.

I've looked everywhere but all people keep saying is that fondant is used for that, I know it wasn't fondant because fondant tastes like crap. This tasted more like buttercream but better. It wasn't just sugary, it also had some almond or maybe lemon or something in it and was really good, but I've asked literally every bakery I know and none of them know what i am talking about. I'm starting to think either they or i are complete morons, can any of you help me out?
>>
Call your cousin and ask what bakery served the wedding
>>
>>8718523
They don't remember, it was years ago and they didn't set it up, the grooms parents did and I don't know them.

I also called the cupcake place and they didn't even know what i was talking about, I'm starting to think that they don't even make them themselves. It was a place called small cakes.
>>
>>8718536
Call your cousin and ask them to call their parents
>>
>>8718549
That is a shitload of trouble for multiple people dude, i think one of them died too, I'd rather not.
>>
was probably buttercream with marzipan or almond extract and lemon juice in it or something
>>
Meringue buttercream. Probably swiss meringue buttercream.
>>
>>8718592
Having a conversation with your relatives is not a shitload of trouble.

Hell, shoot them an email instead since you're so antisocial.
"Hey cus, I know you said you don't remember what the icing was on your wedding cake, but I'm having trouble finding out myself. Would you mind asking your folks for me? xoxo love, Anon"
>>
>>8718607
this. you can make buttercream in practically any flavor. and buttercream can be thick or light.
>>
>>8718592

A phone call is hardly "a shitload of trouble". It's your only option if you want accuracy.

The reason why people don't know what you're talking about is because you aren't describing it very well. There's not much to go on other than "it's not fondant".

Anyway, a few thoughts here:
1) it could be fondant, just really well made and/or different than what you're used to.

2) it could be buttercream, but a different type than what you're used to.

3) Any sort of frosting could be flavored with lemon or almond extract so that doesn't really help identify the type that was used.

4) Remember there is no better "spice" than Nostalgia. Your memory of the cake may be very different than what was actually served.
>>
>>8718609
This is what I think as well. Swiss meringue buttercream tastes much better than standard buttercream. They may have also added a flavoring extract.
>>
File: 1479984846937.jpg (5KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1479984846937.jpg
5KB, 250x247px
>>8718623
>>8718618
Stop trying to make me talk to my family
>>
>>8718716
>vargposter

Fine, hope your cake sucks.
>>
>>8718722
It would be awkward as fuck dude
>Hey cousin, what's it been 3 years? Anyway what kind of icing was on your wedding cake 10 years ago?
>I don't remember
>Can you find out?
>How?
>Can you call your parents right now and ask them?
>No I'm busy, plus mom is too old to remember and dad died 5 years ago. He paid for all of it and set it all up so he was the one that knew. Thanks for reminding me btw.
>Y-You too...
>...want to go bowling?
>*Click*
I'm not fucking doing it dude, it's weird.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.