[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as far as food goes these countries are basically the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So as far as food goes these countries are basically the same as America, right?
>>
>>8717704

Canada is like the US, but shittier. There are far fewer high end restaurants there. Kraft Mac and Cheese is eaten even more than it is in the US (though they call it "Kraft Dinner") ...unless you're in Quebec, which is filled with French stuff.

Australia? Rather different. They eat a lot more lamb than the US does. Kangaroo meat is also common, even in supermarkets.
>>
Canada is subtly different in ways that are slightly disorienting for American travellers generally, and wildly different in Quebec

Australia is fucking weird and not really comparable
>>
>>8717704
Ausfag in Canada here. Poles apart desu senpai.
>>
>>8717711
>canada is like the us but shittier

most american food sold in canada needs to reformulated to meet minimum nutritional requirements

american food is so shitty it can't legally be sold in canada
>>
>>8718019

>most american food sold in canada needs to reformulated to meet minimum nutritional requirements

No...Wrong...If a product is available in the US but not Canada...it's because they've decided it's not profitable enough...

>Target stores in Canada...

And yes, I'm Canadian...
>>
File: beef-grading-us-can.jpg (136KB, 679x413px) Image search: [Google]
beef-grading-us-can.jpg
136KB, 679x413px
>>8718033
i'm not talking about products

i'm talking base ingredients

canadian ap flour is >12% protein while usa is <12%

that's just one example
>>
>>8718033
A lot of US companies also don't think it's worth it creating new labels because our shitty bilingual packaging requirement
>>
>>8717704
Burger here. I've lived in Quebec and been to Australia a few times. Also traveled around Canada a bit.

A good chunk of Canada is northern, sparsely populated and culturally Anglo-American. Not a great mix for food, though they have good beef. The major cities get a shot in the arm from immigrant populations.You can find great Asian food in Toronto and Vancouver, for example. Quebec is another matter. They have their own flavors of redneck trash like tout garni hot dogs, cretons and poutine, but it's really easy to find great food in Montreal and (to a lesser degree) Quebec City. Montreal pretty much redeems the rest of the country's Kraft Dinner level foodcrimes.

Australia: The Brit influence is more pronounced here. Pubs offering Sunday roast, little shops selling meat pies and sausage rolls and full English breakfasts are easy to find. But Australians are fussy about quality in a way Canadians generally aren't. They like really good coffee, for example, whereas Canadians get theirs at Tim Horton's. Also Australians are a little more worldly because they travel a lot.

The biggest difference between these countries and the States is quality of life. If you're wealthy in the US you've got it made. But the average Australian citizen lives a better quality of life than the average American - high disposable income, lots of vacation days, good healthcare, generally good food. Canadians are less stressed out than Americans over shit like debt and healthcare, though consumer goods are more expensive there. I'd say both countries are more civilized than the US, but the US has more opportunity.
>>
Australia is much more similar to Britain than America. No idea about Canada but presumably the French influence sets it apart?
>>
>>8718108

Can confirm Australians are fucking particular about our coffee. I was in Europe for 8 months and the coffee sucked 90% of the time. Especially Belgium, what the fuck was that burnt-taste acidic shit
>>
>>8717704
Yeah pretty much

Canadian food is all shit anyway with shit quality

t. Vancouver
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.