[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has the whole "craft beer" scene ignored bitters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1200px-Ale_Bitter.jpg (273KB, 1200x1826px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Ale_Bitter.jpg
273KB, 1200x1826px
Why has the whole "craft beer" scene ignored bitters for the most part? They're probably the most drunk ales in the UK, but everywhere else seems to have passed them by.
>>
>>8717586
1. they're weak
2. they use luddite hops, I only drink hops that have been out for less than 3 years
3. they're fucking weak

the "craft beer" movement is a numbers game, more points wins the race. how do you get points? ABV, IBU, Plato

it's an overcorrection due to the types of beers we had during prohibition and it will take a long time to die
>>
because they're shit
>>
File: realaletwats.jpg (300KB, 1224x817px) Image search: [Google]
realaletwats.jpg
300KB, 1224x817px
Dunno, but have some Real Ale Twats.
>>
>>8717616
This is literally just the fedora meme.
>>
>beer drinking culture
>>
File: Realaletwats1.jpg (262KB, 698x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Realaletwats1.jpg
262KB, 698x1024px
>>8717620
Predates the Fedora meme, though, since it's an old Viz strip. I remember reading it as a teenager.
>>
Local microwbrew scene's been pumping out quality bitters since the '80s

If you're having beer problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitter ain't one
>>
>>8717586
They haven't , numbnuts. Pale ales are bitters and brewed by virtually every craft brewer. ESB's are also a bitter and brewed my a lot of microbreweries. British India Pale Ales are also a type of bitter.
>>
>>8717679
This dumb faggot is right. Plenty of places near me make or serve bitters.
>>
>>8717633
>Viz
wow you must be really old
>>
>craft beer

Just transition already so us alpha whiskey drinkers have something to f*ck
>>
>>8717696
He might not be. We had an old viz annual in our house, I got in trouble for reading it when I was too young.
>>
>>8717700
>Whisky
>Alpha
>Not the ultimate fedora liked by people trying too hard
>>
>>8717700
>f*ck

Leave.
>>
>>8717616
You know the real ale twats strip really does a good job of nailing the American craft brew cunts.

Same shit, different location. Only the Americans are 30-40 years late.
>>
>>8717586

Exactly because they're the most drunk ales in the UK. What's the point in doing something that everyone else has been doing for years? It's also not necessarily the case that all microbreweries discount brown bitters. I have to brew one for work and, whilst I think it's rather a dull recipe, it sells well with the people who like that sort of thing so I have no problem brewing it. You also have to remember that the "press" as it were are all much more focused on unique and "craft" beers so it seems like all that's being brewed is DIPAs, Sour IPAs, Saison, bla bla bla because no one bothers to report on traditional bitter. What a lot of start up micros are forgetting is that you need some fairly weak beers as your core range because people who will happily drink four or five pints a night are your bread and butter. All the plaudits in the world for your brettanomyces innoculated wood aged sour fruit gose are meaningless if you can't sell it all.
>>
>>8717960
But he is asking why others don't do it. Bitters are mainstream in the UK but are pretty much oly drunk in the UK. So he is asking why a craft brewery hasn't attempted a bitter. Bitter doesn't mean it has some super powerful alcohol content.
>>
>>8717616
4-4.8% abv
>Ideal
Didn't realize people were drinking fucking bud light up in this bitch.
>>
>Why has the whole "craft beer" scene ignored bitters for the most part?

It hasn't.
>>
>>8718192
Not the same person but I like good tasting beer that I can have more than 2 of and still be functioning
>>
>>8718198
You are just confirming yourself to be a lightweight.
>>
>>8718205
Yes I don't drink to excess constantly so I don't build up a tolerance. I'm also not a fucking landwhale.
>>
File: all seeing pepe.png (31KB, 960x878px) Image search: [Google]
all seeing pepe.png
31KB, 960x878px
>>8718209
For a 180 pound male drinking 3 6% beers over 2 hours, BAC would only be about .03%, without eating food or drinking water.
>>
>>8717696
30. Viz still has a big readership. Got a couple of the writers following me on Twitter which is nice.
>>
>>8717960
You live in the wrong city. In Southern Ontario people line up for the weirdest experimental shit and it sells out instantly.
>>
>>8718216
>Calls people lightweight for preferring 4.8% beers over 6%

lmao
>>
>>8717602
This faggot sounds like he knows what he's talking about
>>
>>8718216
I drink faster than 1.5 beers an hour
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.