[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ck/ like healthy food? This is a mixture of beans, wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20170322_125800.jpg (692KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_125800.jpg
692KB, 1520x2688px
Does /ck/ like healthy food?

This is a mixture of beans, wild garlic, parsley, dill, chilli and cooked nettle (yes, the stinging plant).
Bon appetit.
>>
File: 27787654896.jpg (321KB, 998x998px) Image search: [Google]
27787654896.jpg
321KB, 998x998px
>>8717411

Nettle is commonly used in teas, why assume I don't what that is? Faggot.
>>
>>8717416
You meant to say "don't know what that is"? Or "I don't want what that is"?
>>
>>8717425
Indeed, it's packed with vitamins! Instant health!
>>
File: IMG_20170322_131640.jpg (595KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_131640.jpg
595KB, 1520x2688px
I have little left
>>
>>8717411
sure id eat it in a pinch, but id be sad if i made this bowl of a sloppy mess and didnt put those good ingredients to a better use
>>
>>8717411

>nettles

Nice one. hunter-gatherer/10
>>
I definitely enjoy healthy food, and I wl absolutely sacrifice the quality of a couple meals a week to eat fewer calories with extra veggies and other healthy shit
>>
>>8717411
Nettles are a really good source of Iron, Calcium and vitamin D so I sometimes go out and grab a few stalks for Nettle soup. Probably makes me look like a hobo bringing it back but whatever, motherfuckers have been eating nettle soup in my neighbourhood for literally 5000 years.
>>
>>8717459
>5000 years
refer to this
>>8717443
>>
>>8717425
/ck/ might laugh at guys like him, but bitter gourd really is amazing in stir fries. Personally, I'd add shredded pork and black-bean chilli sauce to turn it into a full meal.

The appeal of eating it is in the bittersweetness, like sampling fine liquorice. It's a taste well worth acquiring.
>>
>>8717459
What do you think of dandelions, then?
>>
>>8717522
i kind of disagree with what you are saying, most people on this board are not of asian heritage and many caucasians are turned off by the name "bittermelon" alone,also the appearance, additionally they have no idea what to do with it. the guy in the pic posted is obviously an idiot, but i think theres nothing wrong with promoting an ingredient that isnt known very well, maybe someone will pick it up on their next supermarket visit just for trying, then it was already worth more than a lifetime of jackposting
>>
>>8717522
>if you don't like it now you won't like it ever!

Surely you can think of plenty of things you hated before you got a taste for them. Why should that be any different for food?

And FYI, I'm Chinese, and I really did hate bitter gourd when I was a kid. Now, I eat it semi-regularly. Try being a little less jaded, anon.
>>
>>8717515
Good for a vitamin tea, though it's mostly all the same stuff as nettles. Dry the leaves and the roots someplace warm and then just steep that shit in boiled water for a while. Not too much/too often though or it gives you ass trouble.
>>
>>8717558
while i do agree that very little tastes are "acquired", you seem to think it always has to be a process through which you have to force yourself.
Food is always a sensual thing, involving eyes, taste,smell and also your ideas about the fooditem.
Take monkfish for example, i disliked fish as a little child because of the smell, then i liked fish but monkfish looked creepy so i didnt want to eat it (also as a child), then randomly at some point in my youth i had a dish with monkfish in it which i liked so i realized monkfish can be great.
beer+wine are also prime examples, its not like i hated it when i first tried it but it definitely want something id crave, but you get exposed to wine and beer so often that you develop a liking over time, up to the point where you become actively interested in knowing more ab out it and trying different kinds.
1000year old egg, and the fertilized duckeggs are something i definitely didnt need to try, the idea and the visuals were kind of repulsive, but the taste is great so i eat them more regulary now.Same with the smell of durian, but i love the taste. So my point is, while you dont necessarily need to "acquire" a taste, you definitely should at least try everything and keep an open mind and challenge your preferences sometimes, also its an important realization for a cook/hobbycook that anything can taste good if prepared properly, i hated brussel sprouts as a child which my grandmother boiled to oblivion, now i love them with just a quick heavy sear almost raw.
>>
File: IMG_20170322_145639.jpg (550KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_145639.jpg
550KB, 1520x2688px
Didn't think this thread will take off.
What does /ck/ think of sour cabbage?
>>
I like all food that taste good, if it happens to be healthy=bonus
>>
>>8717634
It tastes very good. I made more
>>
File: IMG_20170322_151323.jpg (678KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_151323.jpg
678KB, 1520x2688px
>>8717646
Forgot pic
>>
>>8717558
Wow. You are one pontificating, self-centred, insecure asshole, aren't you?

Neither I nor anyone in this thread pressured you into trying something you loathed. I merely shared my experiences and suggested that one's palate isn't set in stone. Instead, you chose to treat it as a personal attack on your values and lashed back at me for being a 'poseur'.

Well, guess what; the only guy here putting up a front is you. Do you think an 'independently motivated' gentleman like yourself could possibly stoop so low as to write tripe like >>8717535? Contrary to your projections, most of this board certainly doesn't give a damn about what others think; we share and discuss what we want for our own sake. If you can't accept that, then congratulations, your spineless need for validation from Internet 'cool kids' through conformity is feeding the insular, stagnant shitposting culture choking out actual fucking discussion on every board.

Here's some final advice, take it or leave it. Get off 4chan for a day, and get some perspective back into your life.
>>
I agree with him >>8717672 . It is an objective fact that tastes change across your lifetime. You should lay off the salt, maybe incorporate some self-acceptance practices or review what life is about. People aren't posers or aren't trying to make themselves look good all the time.
Cheers.
>>
>>8717625
a french press is not an ingredient though, coffee would be the right reference and again a perfect example.
Most people only know shit coffee, to the extent that they think their nespresso is a magical coffeemachine made by the gods.
Truth is, people that "hate" something probably did not have it prepared in a great way yet, most of the times.
With wine etc there is obviously peerpressure involved in adolescent years, but do you actually believe most people drink wine just for show? Thats a strange assumption to have.
Im not american so i cant judge, but here in europe drinking wine is part of everyday life and not many people make a fuss about those things, and the people that do, are not people i want to be around anyways.
>>
>>8717729
>most people drink wine just for show
I never said anything about percentages or ratios, only that they exist to a large enough extent that they influence the industry
>>
>>8717735
and you yourself liked wine the first time you tried it?or was it - dare i say- an acquired taste?
>>
>>8717749
Is that an actual question or just another way of saying you think everyone is like you and if they say otherwise they are lying and you just need to rephrase the question enough times to catch the inevitable inconsistency?

I like wine. I like bitter melon. Other things, even supposedly good things, I do not like and I will not tell anyone otherwise even if it's socially unacceptable. Is that clear enough?
>>
>>8717775
i am asking you, as a serious question, if you liked wine the first time you tried it, because if you didnt, you "acquired" a taste for wine, and i for sure have never seen a young adult or child loving their first taste of wine
>>
>>8717819
Yes. But I already said that.

You want to ask again just in case? I'll be here all day. It's no problem at all.
>>
>>8717819

I'm not the guy you're in a dickwagging contest with, but I liked wine the first time I tasted it as a kid. Same with Campari, which is interesting because it's pretty damn bitter.

Beer on the other hand? No. I remember my dad offering me a sip when I was a kid and I thought it was nasty as fuck. Then again, maybe that was just his brand? I also remember visiting relatives for the holidays. They all had beer, and bought non-alcoholic beer for me. I enjoyed that!
>>
>>8717522

you just described the mechanism by which some people acquired the taste - they grew up with it.

you do learn to like things. why would your preferences ever be set in stone?
>>
>>8717888
Some Asians don't like bitter melon, despite growing up with it
>>
>>8717834
OP here. Since you'll be here all day: I seriously want to ask you, and this is off-topic. You seem well-educated, with great mental processing. Do you mind telling me how I can do that?.

Such as, what activities do you partake in? Which websites or books you read. Any creative university or job activities? Do you like making essays, or playing music? Reading alot? How much?
Any other advice?

Cheers.
I am not ashamed to ask this on 4chan.
>>
>>8717425
Soak it in salt water to remove the bitterness if people are such babies about it.
>>
File: ChingChong.jpg (14KB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
ChingChong.jpg
14KB, 200x165px
>>8717541
>And FYI, I'm Chinese
>>
File: 2c deciembre 025.gif (498KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
2c deciembre 025.gif
498KB, 500x225px
>>8717411
It make me have the most outrageous boners of all time when eating healthy for several months, I'm talking demolition crew quality equipment boners
>>
>>8717425
Sweet meme bro, can I save it ?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.