[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got 20 kg of chicken thighs because they were on offer so it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: chickenthighs.jpg (80KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
chickenthighs.jpg
80KB, 960x960px
I got 20 kg of chicken thighs because they were on offer so it looks like im going to be living off thighs for a few weeks.

What kinds of things shall I do with them so that I don't get bored?
>>
chicken biryani
>>
>>8715000
Grill 'em
Cut them up and put in stews, curry, white chili
Make shredded chicken
Grill them, smoke them, make chicken fajitas
Stuff them and roast in the oven
Deep fry; either as-is or pounded flat for a sandwich
Pan-sear then finish in the oven
Cook, cool, make chicken salad
Gumbo
Go crabbing; eat crabs.

Christ anon, you can do pretty much anything with thighs.
>>
>>8715000

Chicken teriyaki

fried chicken

make a giant pot pie

debone and make a buch of chicken cordon blues and chicken kieves.... then freeze them
>>
>>8715000
This should take out a good quarter of them famalam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuVUjCyWbU
>>
lrn2freezer

That way, you don't have to eat chicken thighs morning, noon and night.

That said, remove the skins, fat, bones and cartilage from them all and freeze the meat on its own.
Use the skins, fat, bones and cartilage to make stock.
Strain the sock through mesh to remove solids. The skins and fat can be cooked to a crisp for chicken rinds. The bones and cartilage can be discarded.
Filter the stock and fat through paper filters, I use coffee filters, to remove all particulate matter, then store in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, the fat can be skimmed easily. You can either discard it or, alternately, cook it in a cast iron or stainless steel pot or pan to remove all moisture from it and store the results in the fridge as a cooking fat.

Now, back to the thigh meat: I make smothered thighs. For 2 servings:

1 heaped tbsp of chicken grease
2 boneless chicken thighs
Salt, as needed
2tbsp of flour
Half an onion, minced/finely chopped (about 100g/quarter lb)
Strong chicken stock, 1 cup
Parsley, as needed

Melt the grease in an oven-safe pan; meanwhile, salt the thighs on each side.
Sear the thighs in the hot grease until coloured, but not cooked through then remove.
Add the flour and onion to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until all flour granules are hydrated with grease.
Whisk in the stock, stirring constantly until the flour mixture is completely dissolved.
Re-add the thighs and place the pan into a hot oven.
Bake or grill/broil until thighs are cooked through, then stir in parsley and serve over mashed potatoes. I like sides of garlic spinach and butter-braised carrots with this, but you do what you like.

Sorry for the wordy post. Hope it helps.
>>
>>8715111
Sounds delicious
>>
>>8715000

I rip the skin off, debone it - making sure to cut out the cartilage cuff at both ends, trim some fat, then cut into strips. From there I ice cream scoop portions into ziplock sandwich bags and freeze them flat to be used later for stir fry, buffalo chicken dip, pasta dishes, etc. I usually do about 10lb at a time, deboning goes fairly quick with experience and rhythm.
>>
>>8715135
Welcome.

Here's another suggestion:

2tsp oil
2 boneless thighs, cut into bite-size
a small length of ginger, peeled and matchsticked/shredded
60ml/quarter cup each ketchup (yes, ketchup), pineapple juice and vinegar (I use cane or coconut, but white or apple should be fine; not sure about red), whisked together
100g/quarter lb each small onion, green bell pepper and pineapple chunks, all cut into roughly the same size (about that of the first joint of your thumb). Make sure to break the layers of onion apart. Also, to be a tad economical about it, I buy tins of pineapple slices canned in juice so I can use the pineapple and the juice both in making this dish.
1-2tsp food starch, such as cornflour or potato starch
soy sauce, to taste

Heat 1tsp of the oil in a pan then add the thighs.
Stir-fry until coloured, but not cooked through, then remove.
Add the remaining oil then the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant.
Re-add the thighs and stir-fry a minute or so.
Add the ketchup, pineapple juice and vinegar and whisk to combine.
Allow to reduce a small bit then add the onion, peppers and pineapple.
Stir about then remove a bit of the liquid into a bowl.
Add the starch to the bowl and whisk together to make a slurry.
Re-add the slurry to the pan and stir through. The mixture should thicken.
Off the heat and add soy sauce to taste.

Serve with rice. Also a veg-based side dish or three. I like bean leaves or morning glory stir-fried with shrimp paste, steamed aubergine with black beans and/or courgettes braised in bean paste. Miso with some hot paprika added to it is a decent enough substitute if you can't find Chinese bean paste. If you can't find shrimp paste, fish sauce is okay as a sub-in, but the flavour will be different. Still good, though.
>>
>>8715000
Just fry them
>>
>>8715111

this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. just bake them at as high a temperature as you can and eat them with sauce to dip in until they're ready to go bad. then bake the rest and continue eating them until they start to go bad again, at that point you make a soup with them.
>>
>>8715111
>>8715544
This is the reason I started coming to this board.

>>8715670
This is the reason I keep going away again...
>>
>>8715000
Take all the skinss, chop them up and render them. Chicken fat is god-tier for cooking and chicken cracklings are a god-tier junk food/garnish
>>
>>8715000
Do a world tour:

Indian chicken curry
Thai chicken curry
Chicken and sausage gumbo
Chicken and sausage jambalaya
Jerk chicken
Hickory smoked BBQ chicken
Mesquite smoked BBQ chicken
Chicken pomodoro over pasta
Sweet and sour chicken
Chicken fried rice
Kung pao chicken
Chicken fajitas
Chicken soup
Chicken and waffles
Fried chicken
Chicken salad sandwiches

What I'd do is wrap those bitches up real good in freezer paper and defrost what you need. That shit will keep in the freezer for a year, at least.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1614x908px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1614x908px
OYAKODON
Y
A
K
O
D
O
N
>>
Brine for 24 hours in a traditional french herb brine, dry out and then double bread with butter milk and deep fry it.
>>
>>8715716
Cuck
>>
>>8715000
Fried chicken
Barbeque chicken
Chicken stir fry
Chicken noodle soup
Chicken kabobs
Chicken parmesan
Chicken salad
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.