[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /obese/ here? And what are you going to start doing about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_1207.jpg (329KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1207.jpg
329KB, 1200x800px
Who /obese/ here? And what are you going to start doing about your diet to fix your body?
>>
>>8711498
30 minute cardio and decent workout (i used to be huge at lifting)

im pretty big, not overly obese but a large beer gut and ass
>>
>>8711498
American here - is that pic supposed to represent obesity? He looks normal weight.
>>
If you weight less than 200lbs you are underweight in current year
>>
>>8711506
Hope you're doing HIIT
>>
>>8711510
Healthy? He looks like he hasnt had a cheesebuger in over 20 minutes!
>>
Lifting and tracking my calories religiously for 6 months out of the year, losing 30 pounds, then burning out for the other 6 months and gaining it all back.
>>
>>8711510
>>8711517
Belly fat is a high risk indicator for heart disease and death from a heart attack. Is that how you want to die anons?
>>
>>8711517
I'm 150lbs and I'm fat as hell.

>>8711498
I have no idea. I can't stop myself eating on impulse.
>>
>>8711526
You probably aren't that fat unless you're five foot five or below
>>
>>8711498
Formerly 280 currently 230. Still have a long way to go, but I no longer crave unhealthy foods. They actually disgust me now.

I just don't ever see myself looking attractive, but I'd rather be thin and ugly than fat and ugly.
>>
>>8711561
I'm sure you look fine anon. Keep up the good work. :)
>>
>>8711498
I think I'm technically obese but I don't look it. I need to quit drinking to fix it
>>
Keto

down 60 pounds since september
>>
>>8711498
According to my BMI, I'm obese.

According to the gym I just joined, I'm about 20lbs away from being ripped.
>>
>>8711498
In five years went from 5' 10" 188 lbs with 34" waist to 235 lbs with a 38" waist. I used to wear large shirts now I'm busting out of extra large shirts. I love to eat & on the weekends I like to drink. I eat pretty healthy most of the time, but then my cheat days turn into cheat weeks. I've cut down on the beer, but I've drastically increased my bourbon intake. I decided this weekend to make changes. I'm gonna get super strict with my portions, cut out snacking, & eliminate all the processed shit from my diet. I'm gonna tone down the drinking, but I still need a couple of days a month to let loose. Now that the sun is out a little later I think I'm gonna start walking after work & take it from there.
>>
File: 1449633959998.png (43KB, 117x156px) Image search: [Google]
1449633959998.png
43KB, 117x156px
kill myself.
>>
I'm just going to stop being so lazy and actually exercise, I have no intention whatsoever of dieting.
>>
>>8711673
Literally the opposite of what you should do to lose weight
>>
>>8711662
I think going to gym and fixing your diet would be quicker than the time it would take for your lard to decay, unless you get cremated
>>
>>8711517
5'10 210 fat fuck. I should be 170.
>>
>>8711697
there's the benefit of zero effort weight-loss though.
>>
>>8711732
I haven't been 170 since grade school.
>>
>>8711524
Heart attacks look painful but I would rather die of a heart attack in my early 50s than live as an old wrinkled man who can barely get around and has to worry about breaking bones and shit.
>>
>>8711768
Neither will happen if you start living an active lifestyle right now
>>
>>8711498
5'8" and 140lbs obese here..
>>
80 pounds down since last July with zero exercise

eat <1500 calories Sunday-Thursday (basically one meal a day and a snack if you've apportioned)
I know this is /ck/ but I don't actually cook for myself so this is something like a Chipotle burrito, or McDonalds, or a couple slices of pizza for lunch, and a bag of popcorn at dinner time
on Friday say "fuck it" and eat whatever you want however much you want, also drink beer
keep Saturday <2000

you'll drop on average 1-2 pounds a week which is about the limit on what is healthy
you'll probably drop more than when starting out as well as on occasion later and should use that as an indicator to toss in an extra "fuck it" day

and you might shit pure bile pretty regularly until your body adjusts

drink lots of water, it'll help you avoid hunger, and make you poo more easily
>>
Catching the stomach flu is a good way to lose weight. You'll shit your insides out, and won't feel like eating. A win/win.

But more serious note, I was 360 pounds after graduating high school in 2010, went to the doctor in 2011 and he determined I had hypothyroidism. (big surprise) Started taking the synthroid and actually taking responsibility with how much I was eating. (hypothyroidism or not, I was eating too much, I'll flat out admit it) Weight started coming off fast. by mid-2013-ish I was down to 190. then went a bit to far down to 170 at my height and was all ribcage. Stay around 180-190 now, still have excess skin/flabbiness though. But oh well.
>>
>>8711498
I've gained 70 lbs in past 4-5 years (now 215) and I barely eat.....i do drink 1-1.5 liters of fireball a day though
>>
I am currently 6'1" and 235. For the last 6 months I've slowly been increasing my running. I run 4-5 days a week and 5 miles each time. Sometimes I do the bike instead because I don't want to fuck up my knees.

After 5 months my weight changed from 240 to 230.

This is will dieting but being very undisciplined about eating. I am disciplined enough to work out every day but not to control my eating.

Just today I started lifting again.

My goal is in August to quit my job and be my goal weight of 185lbs. I'm planning on buying 10 identical tracksuits, to cease shaving/cutting my hair, and going into business making novelty pickled foods. Honestly I don't know why I became obsessed with this endgame, but this is the plan.
>>
>>8711969
How are you going to market your pickled food? Who are you selling to?
>>
>>8711976
Not sure. I live in california so if I go novelty enough I'll market to bay area hipsters. Starting out I'm just selling at local Farmer's Markets. Then once I do the research I'll start going after bay area hipsters and the like.

I have 30k saved up to start out and I'll see where it goes.
>>
>>8711882
good way to barely keep enough nutrition to live and then get the calories to gain weight
>>
>>8711882
If you barely eat but are still overweight it means you're sitting too much. When you sit for longer than an hour at a time your metabolism slows down dramatically, and you use a lot less calories than normal. It can be fixed by getting up and moving around for a few minutes every hour. If you sit for longer than six hours at a time your get an increased risk in cancer and a bunch of other unhealthy shit. The actual act of sitting is the problem.
>>
>>8711969
That is fucking dope. If you sell in the IE, I'll show up and buy all your shit
>>
Stop drinking soda and beer. Water and liquor only.
And if you really want to lose those lbs switch from liquor to cocaine.
>>
File: 084.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>8711969
>I'm planning on buying 10 identical tracksuits, to cease shaving/cutting my hair, and going into business making novelty pickled foods.
>>
>>8712155
>live in weed central
>no coke anywhere
I just wanna get zooted: (
>>
>>8711882
even if youre just drinking 1 liter of fireball that's over 3000 calories a day. it's amazing youre not even fatter
>>
>>8711744
I've been up and down my entire life. At 29 I told myself I would not be entering my 30s in the 200 range. At 32, I was at 160. Now I'm married, 37, and 210. Uff.
>>
>>8711969
Im 6'1 and 185. Im still a flabby sack of shit despite working out 3 times a week. You gotta be 165 or so before youre going to look the way you want to.
>>
>>8711518
That and a restrictive diet worked for me. Restrictive as in not keeping the calorie dense foods that were my kryptonite around the house. When I go out I still eat them, but now the portions seem too big. 6'2", 181lbs here.
>>
>>8712243
I'm 6 flat and I look great when I'm 200 (That's about the weight when women start to notice me). I'm well built and have some residual muscle still on from when I used to work out. It's about body comp too.
235 currently, down from 260 in December.
>>
>>8712290
You only think you do tubby
>>
>>8712295
I don't look like an underwear model, but girls I think are attractive (no fatties either) have fucked me at that weight, so I realistically can't look that bad. Regularly getting hit on and picking up numbers in public (though I was in college where this was more normal).
>>
>>8712243
I'm built big I'll be fine at 185.
>>
>>8711574
this , loving not being hungry all day and loosing weight
>>
6'2" and about 316lbs at last measure. Was 265 few years back but divorce hit me like a ton of bricks.

Now I'm dating someone who enables and gets off to my morbid debauchery and appetites because everyone is somebody's fetish. Now that I'm above 300, they and I are planning to put together a routine for lifting and cardio because I have a few active hobbies I'm falling behind on and they are interested in keeping me mobile for other reasons before we decide together whether I'm okay where I am, if I should lose, or to see how far forward she can take me.

In the meantime I'm taking long walks and hitting local nature/hiking trails now that winter is starting to taper off.
>>
275, used to be 300. Got a long way to go but becoming poor really helped me reevaluate what and how much I eat.Once I lose a little more I'll start exercising.
>>
15 more lbs and hopefully I will be fucking 15% bf
5'7 and 168 lbs, I'm pretty skinnyfat with lovehandles and a gut, but I can see my top 4 abs when I flex hard so I'm hoping I'll have an okay body under this fat.
>>
>>8711574
>>8712372
enjoy gaining your weight right back after reaching your goal. keto provides great, fast results, but you more or less have to stay on the diet forever if you don't wanna gain it back. counting calories is the best way to go. speaking from experience
>>
>>8711566
Oh, I'm hideous. My weight drops and I turn on my phone camera to see how I look. I'm always disgusting.
>>
>>8711510
>europoors false flagging as americans

O B S E S S E D
>>
I got stage 4 dad bod going on here, I'm 27 but have the body of a guy in his 40s that was definitely always in shape his whole life but is really starting to sag

I'm quite muscular, I do some serious physical training on a daily basis and am fit, but I just can't shake these flabby tits and love handles
my upper abs and rib line are visible, but at the bottom I just have a little flab hanging under my gut

it's really weird. I just can't stop eating chocolate cake, it's a weakness I have, I just need to eat it every day or I'm emotionally very unhappy
>>
Im 6" and some 210lbs. Got a nice looking beerbelly and is overall a little obese. You know what?
I dont give a fuck. Im a self confident mofo.
>>
5'10 230 pounds here. Been eating 1600 calories a day since the beginning of March and lost 10 pounds so far. I think most of it is water weight however. I am CONSTANTLY hungry and weak with so few calories.

It's going to be a struggle to get to 180 pounds.
>>
recommend going to /fit/

read the sticky
go to fatty general for motiviation
go to FPH/FPS fat people hate threads for more motivation
>>
>>8712679
No shit sherlock.
>>
>>8712677
You sound like a real woman who don't need no man. I'm proud of you.
>>
File: subway.png (36KB, 503x290px) Image search: [Google]
subway.png
36KB, 503x290px
my diet is to just drink coffee until I get the shits real bad then once my body is purged of all its insides I go eat 10 items off the burger king menu.
This process repeats itself every 3 or so days, so far I'm been steadily losing weight like a muffafucker and I've found I don't really feel like eating other than the 8 or so coffees I drink a day. I don't even look forward to the buerger meal.
>>
>>8712715
That's bulimia mate. Please seek help
>inb4 I-I'm not throwing up though
Purging and bingning of any kind is bulimia.
Fug I wanna eat a whole pizza and puke now. But I'm not gonna and you shouldn't do this. You will eventually have a serious health issue.
>>
underweight here
5'11, was slowly gaining, had just hit 155, got sick and lost 10 pounds in two weeks

can't fucking make it back, stuck at 145 looking like an awkward tween when I'm about to hit my thirties
>>
>>8712721
health issue or not I'm losing them pounds
>>
File: 1445427589387.gif (51KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1445427589387.gif
51KB, 500x376px
>>8712378
> 6 foot 2 inches
> 297 lbs.
> down from 312 lbs.
> took me 1 1/2 year to lose 15 pounds
> ride bicycle every day
> diet mostly rice beans and plain water
> the weight refuses to come off
>>
>>8712728
You probably will also start to plateau as those health issues come in, your body will go into starvation mode
>>
>>8712733
Bullshit dude. Even with the worst thyroid condition known to man and your body cannot violate the laws of thermodynamics. You are eating or drinking too much of something. Please do not lie and more accurately describe your diet.
>>
>>8712678
1600 calories sounds too low. Most people diet at around 2000 calories.
>>
>>8712744
explain the advantages and disadvantages of starvation mode
>>
>>8712758
Well it's not actually that real of a thing, it's just that your metabolic rate will slow to such a level that you won't be losing much weight and your body will try to convert anything you eat into fat because it expects you to not be eating for a long time.
The health problems will eventually also get you put into a hospital where they will put you on a liquid diet which will fatten you right up.
Extreme bulimia is a terrible way to go from being fat to thin. It's viable to maintain thinness, but to lose all your fat someone will catch on or you will have a health problem that halts your progress.
>>
>>8712758
>>8712770
>Also the binging doesn't feel good to you
>the purging doesn't feel 3x as good
You're a shit bulimic honestly anon. At least when I was doing it I got a huge sick thrill.
>>
>>8712775
I enjoy the purge

>>8712770
you've actually swayed me
>>
Counting calories and actually WEIGHING the food you eat is too hard, I've been on a roller coaster of weight loss and gain my whole life. I always fall back into bad habits eventually.
>>
>>8712779
Losing weight is really hard, and I can personally say that bulimia is not the way to do it. I'm sorry you got into that way anon.
Count your calories, go for walks, we're gonna make it bruh
>>
>>8712786
>tfw yoyo as well
I think I've netted over 300 +/- pounds in the past 4 years.
>>
File: 1446084486135.gif (613KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1446084486135.gif
613KB, 500x374px
>>8712748
salads with lettuce mushrooms and spinach

dressing is vinegar and olive oil

maybe 2 cans of lean tuna each day

steamed broccoli

steamed green beans

steaned brussel sprouts

nothing to drink but filtered water

1 cup peanuts each day

ride bicycle at least 30 minutes each day mostly 1 hour +

it fucking sucks but i have mexican genetics (beer keg torso and skinny arms legs ) and seems like impossible to lose weight
>>
>>8712790
any recc. for apps to count them? I'm gonna go make myself an actual meal, any recommendations on a first good meal too?
>>
>>8712748
He might have the 'beetus. If he's not exaggerating sounds like insulin insensitivity and overproduction. I'm a type 1 with an athletic lifestyle, but I'm still chubby because of the insulin.

>>8712733
I'd go see a doctor and get some tests done if I were you. Honestly sounds like something's wrong there. Address type 2 early enough and it can be reversed.
>>
>>8712794
>MUH GENETICS
Dude you said in your first post you eat mostly rice and beans, yet they are not on this list...
Rice and beans are calorically dense foods, if you're eating those on top of this shit you may not even be at a deficit.
Even if you only were at an average of -400 calories a day (which is not a large deficit), you'd lose -2800 a week, which is .8 lbs a week. .8x75 (round it for argument's sake) it is physically impossible for you to have lost less than 60 pounds in a year and a half.
So I just don't believe you. You can cry genetics all you want but genetics don't magically make fundamental truths of the universe wrong. Even with severe Hypo thyroidism there's no way you'd lose less than 45 or so.
>>
>>8711506
Any Cardio techniques you recommend or have? Might try to get into Cardio, would like to know what to do.
>>
>>8712807
Mexican genetics, too. Yeah, sounds like type 2 diabetes. He needs to see a doctor.
>>
>>8712798
I think you should make some chicken and asparagus! Season the chicken with salt and pepper as well as thyme, cook it however you're most comfortable. Cook the asparagus in olive oil with salt and pepper in a skillet. Have 1.5 cups of chicken and 2 cups of asparagus.
I don't use apps, I just know I can't go over 500 a meal, or 100 a snack. I eat 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks a day.
>>
File: 1446315284371.gif (370KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1446315284371.gif
370KB, 500x290px
>>8712807
yes i cannot list everything i eat but i figured out my problem is too many fruits each day ( probably around 3-4 servings )

i eat mostly rice and beans with cooking oil and tomatoe sauce as mymain meal per day

i run a calorie surplus beacuse of too many calories from fruit

> now i see error of my ways
>>
>>8712804
>>8712818
He'd complain of fucked blood sugar symptoms if that were the case though. Hard to do cardio with fucked blood sugars. (roommate in college was a type one, very thin actually, and the shitty blood sugar thing seemed like murder, hope you're good anon)
>>
>>8712821
thanks brah, really thank you, chicken sounds good and I dunno any of the calories for anything. Might need to start looking those up.
>>
File: aku pepe.jpg (78KB, 960x916px) Image search: [Google]
aku pepe.jpg
78KB, 960x916px
>>8712826
>Here's my detailed diet
>leave out several other items that reveal I actually eat way more than I claimed
God dammit dude.
>>
>>8712834
No problem man, as a former bulimic I really hate to see people trapped in the meme. You also have to know you're going to relapse, which could become a full blown backslide. You need to tell someone in your life if you have anyone that you've been struggling with it, and if possible you should talk to a mental health professional as well. Worst comes to worst on a backslide make an SOS thread here, and I'll try and find it, I browse /ck/ most every day.
Figuring out calories is easy. Google will let you know. The age of the smartphone is so nice for this stuff. Chicken is about 250 cal a cup usually, for breasts at least. Asparagus is really light on calories but tasty and filling.
I'm glad you're gonna try and get more healthy anon, really good decision.
>>
>>8712834
keep jars of pickles around

they're really tasty and as theyre just brined cucumbers, very low in calories
>>
>>8712847
Super high in sodium though, which retains water, which means that your weight remains artificially high which is not good for someone with an eating disorder.
>>
File: cat in deep thought.jpg (176KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
cat in deep thought.jpg
176KB, 600x906px
>>8712849
that really got me thinking

i go through about a bag of jerky a week and i drink nothing but water and i've been working hard to lose weight

could that and all of the other salty (no homo) things be keeping my weight up

i know it fluctuates throughout the day and that the most optimal time to weigh yourself is on an empty stomach and after taking a shit but could that be keeping it up?
>>
350 lbs, been going to the gym to pack on muscle, but cardio is murder. It takes so long with such slow results. What motivates you guys?
>>
>>8712863
Not really after a good piss and shit I don't think, but if you eat a fuckload it's possible. Do you feel/get bloated and stuff
>>
>>8712870
Fucking attractive women, and that's only been tangible and legitimately motivating because I've done it before when thin.
>inb4 if you don't do it for you etc
That is doing it for me. I want to fuck hot girls, I want to be attractive again, I want to feel confident and cool.
>>
>>8712844
I'll go ahead and google all the stuff I buy later and I'll let my flat mates know the deal. Thanks for the advice, I can do this.
>>
>>8712874
Thx mate, that's actually really motivating. It's been years, hopefully my autism sheds away too
>>
I quit that sugar poison that is soda, gone straight to soda water with a squeeze of lemon or a muddled plum and that has cut 20% of my daily calorie intake on its fucking own.
I'm a short fuck and I'm rocking a 34 inch waist and I should be down to 32 by the end of the year.
>>
>>8712870
the prospect of living longer, gaining confidence in myself, attracting a mate, not being looked at with derision

whenever i feel an urge to stuff shit down my throat i close my eyes nice and tight and think of boogie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEBDWZtVJU (watch both parts)
>>8712871
i don't really feel bloated after eating muh jerky
>>
>>8712878
Eh autism doesn't just shed, but if you're hot you're autism proof.
>>
>>8712878
Dude it's been years for me as well, fuck.
>last time I had sex (4+ years ago) it was with two chicks at once
I want it again bros.
>>
>>8712875
Jawesome. Please tell your flatmates ASAP, it will be very difficult, and it honestly is embarrassing as fuck (or it was for me, I just want you to be prepared for that strong embarrassment feeling which holds so many of us back from doing things) but you have to power through and let someone close to you know. I know you can do it anon.
>>
File: 1098_0x0.jpg (157KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1098_0x0.jpg
157KB, 1024x576px
>>8711595
Fuck getting ripped, bear mode is where its at.
Fake, hollow bitches go for ripped Chads.
Girls with decent personalities as well as looks go for Brohams.
>>
>>8712922
>defined abs and muscles all over
That is ripped by every definition except a metrosexual's
>>
File: bearmode.jpg (454KB, 1649x1891px) Image search: [Google]
bearmode.jpg
454KB, 1649x1891px
>>8712922
dude that's not bear mode that's steroid mode
>>
>>8712933
Wow you called someone in the obese thread fat! Now maybe you should head to the special ed class and brag about your 87 IQ!
>>
>>8712958
I'm not even that guy. I've been posting about helping that bulimic anon, you're just a cunt for the sake of being a cunt.
>>
>>8712958
>>8712962
Make no mistake here anon, you don't want to put him down for any reason other than making yourself feel good about yourself. He posted a picture of a man with very low body fat in reference to what he was talking about. He meant that the person shouldn't fall for the "movie star body" meme, not that they shouldn't have a healthy BFC. He also never claimed to be strong himself.
The saddest part is that there's a good 50/50 shot you're a fatass yourself.
>>
>>8712970
Definitely a self hating fatso. And guess I was pretty spot on with that IQ number since you can't even read a thread on a Congolese Mandingo Fighting website
>>
>>8712977
Oh boy here comes the "I'm just giving you tough love this totally isn't about stroking my ego by pretending not to be fat on the internet" mongoloid
I have no delusions about being a powerlifter, I am not that anon. I eat a low calorie diet and I do some light cardio, I have lost about 25 lbs in 2 months and hope to lose more, I just can't stand retards such as yourself who think they're doing some service by shiting on fat people in the fucking fat people thread.
>Oh no I totally want fat people to lose weight
>that's why I come into threads about it and shit on them
>>
>>8712987
Once again not that anon, as I've been saying repeatedly. Thanks for confirming that you're incapable of reading the thread though.
>>
>>8711498
Im also obese. I'm 18, 6 1 and weighed 270 lbs two weeks ago before I started dieting. Im finding it hard to reach my daily calorie intake (2180 ish 25% off of maintenance level). The highest I was able to reach in one day is 1240 calories (I'm broke). I lost 6 pounds in the first week and another 5 in the second. I'm just worried about the possible side effects of loosing too much weight at once.
>>
>>8712987
Fat AND stupid wow
>>
>>8712998
You are saying that someone is delusional for believing they can achieve a body similar to the one they posted by working out, in what world are you not the one that is actively discouraging people from trying to improve themselves?
Honestly at this point I'm gonna need a timestamp to prove you're not fat. Failure to deliver confirms self hating fatass
>inb4 I-I don't need to p-prove anything to you
>inb4 You first
Already have admitted I'm fat, just waiting for you to do so
>inb4 no camera
>inb4 some mongoloid mental gymnastics on how I would just say it's fake or somesuch nonsense.
>>
>>8713003
>Shit people disagree with me, they have to be from reddit
Knew we'd get there eventually.
>>
>>8713003
No, you just have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old. Based on the posts you replied to and the content of those replies you should easily be able to follow who I am. Let's review shall we.
>>8712947
Here I call you a retard based strictly on IQ
>>8712958
Here you respond
>>8712962
>>8712966
Here I respond, and say I am not the poster you originally replied to.
>>8712970
Here you respond again, and first display your pitiful reading comprehension by failing to see that I hopefully have gotten someone off of Bulimia, and onto a low calorie diet. Calling that "enabling someone's health problems"
>>8712981
Here I once again reference your IQ in the first person, displaying that I am again, not the guy who made the bear mode post.

Clear enough for you, or are YOU the one who needs usernames to keep up with a thread?
>>
>>8713011
I totally should have added the
>I'M SO HOT YOU'D JUST FAP TO ME, I-I'M NOT FAT AT ALL NO SIR

But way to dodge the fact that you're the one in here trying to make people not work out and get healthier.
>>
>>8712814
RUN FORREST, RUN
>>
>>8713026
Thank god, I hope you have a heart attack fat ass.
>>
you're all a bunch of fucking idiots
>>
>>8713031
Thanks anon. You really can only fight that fire with fire though.
>>
I'm trying to lose weight I need to sort out my alcoholism first though
>>
>>8711803
Bullshit, even the most active eventually become old an infirm.
>>
>>8712395
>if you revert back to your old eating habits your weight will return to what it was
no fucking shit
>>
>>8711498
My weight passed 300lbs recently.

My plan is to drop fast food and soda to start shedding pounds, then start an exercise program next month in addition after that. I'd start now but I'd like to lose a few pounds so I can move more comfortably first.

I got dat by smoking weed. I get high and mow down food. I stopped about two weeks ago and my food intake has dropped a lot.
>>
>>8713053
you might not get physical problems but mental ones like senility
>>
eat more bk and then order pizza for dinner
>>
>>8712378
get out of that relationship?
>>
>>8713053
Of course the longer you live, the more likely you are to get a serious illness, but with a correct lifestyle you can minimize the risks.
Besides, if you live like shit your last years will be shit whether you die at 50 or 85.
Those 80 years-old geezers who run marathons are still out there doing the things they love. Don't you think it would be nice to enjoy what's potentially decades of retirement?
>>
I hate dieting. I just like food and don't have much money right now, so I keep eating bad stuff.

Honestly my biggest diet plan is to have enough money to eat in fancy restaurants all the time.
>>
>>8712775
For some reason I laughed out loud at this. The idea that this website lets people even be elitist over eating disorders.
>>
File: 1456688030137.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1456688030137.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>Always struggled to lose weight
>Only shit every few days
>Even when I eat loads of fibre it's still like that
>Sometimes I even go for a week

What does it mean
>>
>>8714993
>le healthy food is more expensive than junk food meme
it is LITERALLY not
you are LITERALLY retarded
>>
>>8715021
I don't cook right now because it's just me.
>>
>>8715028
That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard

If you live alone, it's literally an invitation to cook. YOU get to decide what you eat, and what you want to cook.
>>
>>8715064
And only I get to eat it.

Call me weird, maybe I am, but I only find satisfaction in cooking if I'm cooking for someone else as well.
>>
>>8715072
That's retarded.
>>
>>8715080
Maybe, but I find cooking to be a social thing. When I'm on my own I don't feel any motivation towards it.
>>
>>8715096
>I don't cook because I haven't got the money
>actually it's because I live alone
>actually it's because I have no motivation
Actually it's because you're a lazy, sad excuse for a human being. Keep on eating your microwavable freezer burritos and get your well-deserved early death to make sure you don't procreate.
>>
>>8715153
Bit rude.
>>
>>8715158
You're coming to /ck/ to complain about your weight and try to blame it on all kinds of other factors when the truth is you are the only reason you are so fucking fat. Go cry to another board, fatty.
>>
>>8714575
Can you stop? I want my SS benefits to exist when I retire, please
>>
File: POSTER FINAL-page-001.jpg (303KB, 601x1600px) Image search: [Google]
POSTER FINAL-page-001.jpg
303KB, 601x1600px
>>8712814
If you have access to a rowing machine then use that. If there's a sport you enjoy try to play it as much as you can even to the point of joining a club or league. Otherwise you just have to pick something aerobic, like jogging, or anaerobic, like sprinting or even weightlifting (as long as you don't rest too long in between sets.)

If you're brand new to fitness you can't go wrong with couch-2-5k and some bodyweight stuff. It's easy since you don't need equipment (aside from running shoes) and will offer enough of a challenge without being overwhelming.
>>
>>8711498
>Who /obese/ here?
me
>what are you going to start doing about your diet to fix your body?
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>8712814
at your size rowing machine is the kind of cardio.
>>
>>8711595
BMI is shite for people who are actually in good shape because it doesn't take body composition into account. Works for your average joe, but once you get significantly muscly it's not a good measure.
>>
>>8715856
nice broscience pal. are you in ketosis at this moment too?
>>
>>8712733
anon i eat very health and my body does not drop a lot if weight tell i do cardio first when i wake when i have not ate try that , btw my body sucks at carbs yours might also maybe don't eat only beans and rice
>>
File: 1465887478647.gif (492KB, 294x342px) Image search: [Google]
1465887478647.gif
492KB, 294x342px
>>8712958
>>
File: Jim.png (128KB, 320x316px) Image search: [Google]
Jim.png
128KB, 320x316px
Give me the scoop on "pre-diabetes" I want to know more about it (and yes, I'm doing my own internet research, but answers from anonymous people feels more personal than a bunch of articles that say differing things).

I was recently diagnosed with it with a Hemoglobin A1C level of 5.8%.

If I lower back to the normal ranges (between 4.8 to 5.6), will I be cured or will the "pre-diabetes" just go dormant?
>>
>>8715856
What percentage of people are such hardcore bodybuilders that their BMI exceeds obesity without actually being obese?
>>
>>8717154
You'll be "cured" as in not having a fucked up runaway train metabolism and be relatively healthy as long as you maintain a healthier lifestyle. But, yes, since it'll come back and get you if you totally let yourself go since it's in your genetics. It's shit. Don't cross the line. Try to fix it. Lose a little weight, cut back on the refined sugars.
>>
>>8717156
I'd say a majority of amateur weightlifters and athletes with a healthy body fat percentage fall under the "overweight" category on BMI charts. Only roids are gonna make you massive enough to have a low BF and classify as obese. So most professional bodybuilders.
>>
>>8717208
A doctor would take one look at a bodybuilder and scrap the BMI index in favor of a body fat percentage test.
>>
>>8711520
Quick, hand him a small coke, his sugar levels are dropping - a gallon should do.
>>
>>8711518
>HIIT
Enjoy your long recuperate time faggot I bet you lift to failure too.
>>
>>8712163
but why go to other darker places online
>>
>>8711506
>im pretty big, not overly obese but a large beer gut and ass
That means you are a manly man and not a faggot like the other low test guys posting on 4chan. No need to slim down just lift more weights.
>>
193cm
65kg

BMI is in malnutrition levels.

Going to see a dietician and a therapist this afternoon.
>>
>>8717569

Or you know you could just use that money for food...
>>
>>8717578
What a dumb ass retarded comment.
>>
>>8711498
I was 270 pounds through HS.
Senior year I lost 100 pounds.
170 Freshman Year college
180 Sophomore Year
197 right now.

I'm back on my bullshit though so I should be 175/180 in a month or so.
>>
File: Ep 02 Kanna Eating.webm (845KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ep 02 Kanna Eating.webm
845KB, 1280x720px
I'm technically BMI obese. 5'7", 205 lbs. If I lose a few more pounds I can just be overweight. I'm trying a daily calorie target: 2100 per day. The internet says if I want to lose 1lb a week with no exercise, I should eat 1700 per day, but I couldn't even manage 2000. Fuck, that was hard. I throw in a little bit of exercise a day though, so maybe that helps. Almost one month in and I'm hitting it about 50% of the time. Maybe in a year, I'll have lost 12 pounds.
>>
>>8712814
swimming is OP swim.
>>
>>8717205
Will being back in the normal A1C ranges make me "normal" again or will I still experience potential complications with blood vessels and kidney damage even in "normal A1C ranges?
>>
>>8711498
Obese here. Last year I started going for nature walks (3-4 hours each) a couple times a week. It did jack shit. I'm getting a pizza today so that should tell you how much I care about it at this point.
>>
>>8718250
Nah you'll be fine if you get it down to the normal range soon. It takes years of elevated blood sugars to do serious damage. I've had type 1 for 30 years, the first 20 of which I had somewhat shitty control in the 7ish range and I only have slight complications at this point. Consider it a wake up call. You don't want that disease.
>>
>>8712826
>>8712794
>Oil
>Peanuts
>Why am I not losing any weight
You know that people who wants to add weight normally eat peanuts and drink oil right?
>>
>>8718366
I know I have to lose weight and be active.
I used to lift a lot, but would not watch my diet.
If I get back to the normal range again, and i start lifting (while doing cardio), will I be okay if I gain weight due to muscle build up?
I feel this is a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways.
>>
>>8711510
False flag post. Sad!
>>
>>8715158
Fuck off.
>>
>>8718434
He is pretty full of shit.
People that are fat here got fat in the 80s and 90s, there is no more obesity in our future because we can't afford to eat more than 4 or 5 meals a week.
>>
>>8718419
Yeah, that's fine. You've gotta quit eating refined sugars like sucrose and corn syrup mostly. If all that and losing fat doesn't do it, start eliminating refined starches like white flour and white rice. You're building up an insulin resistance from eating the wrong kind of carbohydrates, most likely. Your pancreas is starting to overproduce insulin from those simple sugars, the insulin makes you fatter and the vicious cycle spirals into the full-blown disease. Gotta give your metabolic hormones a rest with a low glycemic index, (refined) sugar-free diet for a while. It's not just that you got overweight, it's that you probably got overweight on the wrong kinds of carbs.
>>
>>8711498
>So like was 260lbs,
>Then I read on the internet that its all calories, input/output etc.
>limit myself to 1800kcal
>zero exercise cause lazy
now currently 191.4lbs
started: 30/07/2015
>>
Was overweight until the age of 16, then I stopped lying to myself and just began to eat less and avoid drinking extra calories. Have been slim and fit for 10 years now.
>>
>>8718697
Also every 10 pounds a lose, i treat myself to something massive on that day, food tastes sooo good on those days D:

But my body has been stuck on 190-192lbs since like January.
>>
>>8718697
I don't know if i've fucked my body by doing this tho, but will be top lulz if i do
>>
>>8717208
>>8717213
BMI actually underestimates obesity in normal population. Unsurprisingly, all the "b-but it's all muscle!" whining is made by people who are clearly not world-class level bodybuilders.
>>
>>8718710
You think you may have fucked up your body from losing weight by eating at a moderate caloric deficit?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>8718697
You're going to end up disgusting and skinnyfat with a worse body than you have now.
>>
>>8718787
Not him, but wrong. Losing weight improves health indicators even without any exercise. Being slim and active is better of course, but any stable weight loss is good for you.
>>
>>8717753
God damn, im 5'7'' and 205 lbs and id didnt know that was obese. I certainly dont look obese. But then again, im built like a fantasy dwarf.
>>
Down to 205 from 240. Still another 20 or so to go, but I look and feel much better. Truly incredible feeling.
>>
Started at 285 and I'm down to 230. Still have months to go and it's fucking hard knowing that I'll never really look good when I'm thin due to loose skin. Fuck man.
>>
>>8718802
I think he meant sheerly in appearence
>>
I was 241 lbs nearly a month ago, now I'm 232, not making good progress but its something.
>>
>>8719115
9 lbs in less than a month is decent. That's about 120 a year.
>>
>>8717208
Really? It seems like you'd have to get pretty damn bulky to reach a high BMI without actually being fat.
>>
>>8719032
Are you saying it's worse to look skinnyfat than obese? That's a load of shit
>>
>>8720677

Being skinny fat is not even that big of a deal. You can pay like $5000 to get some lipo suction on your upper chest and then bench press twice a week and you will look better in 6 months.

Being obese you will basically take years to improve.
>>
>>8718893
Unless you're a smaller Arnold Schwarzenegger and roided up to your gills, you should be weighing between 140 and 180 lbs for your height. You are indeed obese.
>>
>>8719031
Skin tends to fix itself decently enough if you lose weight while young. It shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>8718454
How fast can a pre-diabetic transition to diabetic?
Now that I'm trying to, but I'm curious to know.
Like, is it possible to become diabetic in an instant?
>>
>>8712108
>tfw I'm an artist
>I work from home
>sit for around 9 hours total a day
>only get up for bathroom breaks and cooking

On the bright side, I walk my dogs twice a day for about 15 minutes each walk (they're smol) and I exercise every second day before showering.
>>
>>8721037
Put the soda down, anon
>>
I'm not obese but I've been steadily gaining weight since last year. I used to not really understand how fat people got so fat, but now I kind of do, and it's pretty scary.
>>
>>8721061
It's easy to eat (and drink) more and more when you're already used to overeating. Drop the soda and sweet drinks, eat until you're half-full instead of stuffing yourself and things will go back to normal eventually.
>>
>>8711498
When I move out, start eating salad(no dressing, just plain ole greens) and perhaps toss in bacon bits or eat it with chicken at a 8:1 salad/meat ratio. Huge salad portions to start. Snack would be boiled eggs. Keep a dozen or so boiled in the refrigerator. Chicken and lots of it since it's cheapest meat around. Brown rice is already in my lifestyle so I can eat that ez but probably cut back to portion sizes as it is carb after all. A couple beans here and there fried and tofu if I can afford it as well as fruits.
>>
>>8721061
>not active
>eat for boredom
>>
>>8721037
No. Probably a year or two of not giving a shit at that point. But who knows? I don't have a bunch of medical stats on you to make graphs and attempt accurate predictions. You know, I'm pretty smart and informed about the beetus, but I am not a doctor. Go ask one. Hell, they might even put you on something now that would make it easier.
>>
>>8721143
Not true. Just consume a shit ton of pure sugar. Refined sugar is what causes diabetes/fat desu as it is not natural.
>>
>>8721145
I made the assumption that he keeps doing whatever it is he's doing, not actively encouraging onset by just eating refined sugars in greater quantities.
>>
>>8711498
I was obese once, but I stared eating 500 calories a day, and drinking 12 beers. I've lost 120 pounds in two years.
>>
>>8711526
Wtf are you like 4'2
>>
>>8721110
It's a weird problem. There isn't much incentive to just stop at half-full. It's terrible.
>>
I'm 5'6 and I used to weigh 200lbs at my heaviest. Right now I weigh in at around 150. My goal is to get down to about 130.

I know I can control my diet very well in the next 6 months as I will be living in the middle of no where but at the same time I will not have access to a gym facility. I'm not quite sure what options I have to gain some muscle mass.
>>
>>8712794
you didnt say exactly how much oil which makes me think you're putting in more than you think. one tbsp is 120 calories!

1 CUP OF PEANUTS IS LIKE 800 CALORIES HOLY FUCK

>bicycle 30 minutes

thats fuck all if you're not properly counting calories.

just go on myfitnesspal and eat whatever you want but stay in your calories. thats what i do.
>>
>>8712733
dude, white rice can cause diabetes. drop that shit right this second.

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/rice/
>>
Technically yes. I'm 6'2" and hover around 195 without much effort. If I ever see myself weighing 200 then I put some effort into my diet for a week or two
>>
>He's not 6'3 and 62 kilos
try bulimia kids
>>
>>8714278
Also, water weight knows no mercy. The second you end your diet and maintain, you still have to do cardio every day else you'll bounce back up by 10-15 pounds.
>>
272 down from 327
Still got a lot of "work" to do but I'm proud of what I've lost so far. Hit a few plateaus, but nothing too bad.

Got put on stimulants for my adhd and they just removed my appetite completely. Just never get hungry and dont get distracted from whatever I'm doing enough to go look for food in the kitchen.
Was about to get bypass surgery for weight actually but I cancelled it since I had already lost a ton of weight before my final appointment with the surgeon. Now I dont even qualify for surgery.
The surgery shit was super convenient though because the little food I have been eating has been in the dietary guides for post op patients. Lots of protein to stop my muscles from withering away and bariatric surgery vitamins since I have a bunch anyway.

I'll probably end up actually exercising more once I get to a point where anorexia doesn't work anymore or if I start getting tons of loose skin.
>>
File: IMG_8549.jpg (90KB, 498x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8549.jpg
90KB, 498x720px
>6'3"
>used to be 340
>go down to 210 in a year(was bulimic and did EC stack)
>slowly Go back to 320
>currently 280

Why is food so good bros
>>
>>8717578
>healthcare costs money in the US, so therefore it costs money everywhere
>>
>>8714401
just stop eating fast food, soda and alcohol if you drink it. munchies are all in your head, just ignore them. you're not actually hungry. the weight should fall off you.
>>
>>8711510
/ck/ needs flags
>>
>>8711498
Just stop eating fast food and drinking soda.
>>
>>8723792
yours would be rainbow
>>
Down from 265 to 238 in 40 days.

My biggest problem is a really weird one for a fat guy: It's actually easier for me to eat something like 600-1000 kcal/day than eating 1200-1800 kcal/day. Every fucking time when I pass the 1200 kcal mark with my last meal I can't stop to eat and crave for more until I eat 2 pizzas+pasta and sweets.

It`s fucking shit because it's really hard to fit the proper amount of protein and fat into so few calories and I don't want to fuck up my muscles.
>>
>>8723837
what muscles lmao
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 1413x246px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 1413x246px
Today was probably my last day of weight loss dieting.
Plan to start eating 2000 tomorrow but still not sure if I want to try saving calories and having a cheat day once a week or to just eat normal portions every day.
>>
>>8711847
underrated post
>>
>>8723837
Try getting a protein powder made for weight loss surgery patients. They usually have more protein than other protein shakes and lots of vitamins that you're probably deficient in. I use bariatric fusion since its what my surgeon recommended and I bought it before I cancelled the surgery

Sugar and fat cravings usually means you're missing some vitamin or mineral or you're drinking diet soda.
>>
separated my shoulder and have been out of the gym. Body fat has probably crept up near 15% so I feel obese.

5' 10" and 173lbs
>>
File: IMG_0014.png (55KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.png
55KB, 500x433px
What I do is not exactly keto-level of low carbs, but I do avoid breads and really starchy carbs for the most part. Get most of my carbs from veggies. Eat more protein than I probably need but stay within my calories to maintain my weight. My digestive system didn't know what to do with this for the first month but I poop normal now.

>tfw going from 5'6" 200lbs to 125lbs
>tfw friends and family who want to stay fat complain that I'm "too skinny"
>>
>>8711498
I was obese since child hood. Finally said I'm tired of this shit. And I've cut down entirely on mindless snacking, and keep watch of what I eat. Once a week I'll splurge and get a big burger and fries, but after that I'm legit not hungry until the next day. last I checked a few weeks ago I was 228, my all time high was 312
>>
>>8712794
peanut butter is 2 teaspoons is like 200 calories dude. What I did was cut out sweets almost entirely. It's going to be hard, i know because I fucking love candy, but it's empty calories, and while peanut butter may have actual benifits, its not worth the temptation at the moment.
>>
File: P1110237cropres.jpg (269KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
P1110237cropres.jpg
269KB, 1000x800px
>I should eat 1700 per day, but I couldn't even manage 2000. Fuck, that was hard.

I'm 5'7" and eat 1256 calories five days a week, shit's easy. Eat more protein, chicken and broccoli are cheap as shit.

Black coffee and tea help fight away any cravings. Fun rabbit holes to head into too, coffee and eat.
>>
>>8723837

Try eating cold or unsatisfying foods, no joke. I tend to not want to keep eating if I just choked down a half pound of dry turkey sandwich instead of heating it up and melting the cheese.
>>
Done 400-550 a day for a few months it's not that hard once you get in the grove of it. Drink a lot of water.
>>
>>8724581
you gone die

is it safe to go under 1800?
>>
>>8711506
show us your butt
>>
>>8725196
You could eat literally nothing for two weeks straight and it still wouldn't kill you. We need plenty of water, but most larger animals, humans included, can go without food for quite a long time.
>>
>>8725196
A multi-vitamin and a couple hundred calories worth of protein will sustain you throughout just about any amount of weight-loss. You only really need more than that once you are no longer over-weight.
>>
>>8725383
Not that anon, but I get hungry before bed and then I can't sleep. You work around that somehow or it just isn't a problem for you?
>>
File: 1464783039552.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1464783039552.png
291KB, 750x366px
>lost a bunch of weight
>thought maintaining would be easy
>hungry all the time
>>
>>8725409
There's a harmony called ghrelin that is likely the culprit for this. I didn't read about it until mine had already leveled out, so I didn't take any of the advice on how to lower it found in the link. Took me about 9 months after I'd gotten to ideal weight to level out naturally. Hang the fuck in there. It is worth it.

https://authoritynutrition.com/ghrelin/
>>
>>8711880
I'm on levo and i'm still gaining weight, but slower i guess. Doc says my levels are fine where they are. But i eat sub 1500 cals a day usually except on weekends, i'll have a few brews and maybe eat out. But i struggle to even finish a cheeseburger anymore. Work a relatively high energy kitchen job, i throw the loads we get at night too, go to the gym twice a week, weightlift, dunno. I just feel stuck
>>
>>8712733
Try eating lean chicken instead. My body reacts better to proteins. Wrap it in lettuce with some mustard for some texture
>>
>>8725405
Probably a bit of mental strength. You just tell yourself not to have anything. 500 a day is pretty crazy.
>>
>>8712733
Maybe the rice how much we talking, maybe switch to brown. Also maybe more variety of veggies to get you better nutrients.
>>
>>8712733
>was 163
>now 151
This took me a month of semi decent calorie counting - you are obviously lying/stupid
>>
>>8725448
Thanks anon!
>>
>>8711498
quit eating fast food/french fries/soda

this alone should help you lose enough weight to notice a change and get motivated to start doing extra like weight training/more complex diet plans/running etc.
>>
>>8725196

We are all going to die. This is a case of being that overweight is worse than other outcomes. Went from 415 to around 300 like that.

>>8725405
>>8725383

It takes about 4 days or so of on-boarding before it feels natural and everything is normal feeling again. Which is kind of scary how much it feel like an addiction withdrawal from fat/carbs. The "meals" are spaced out every 4 hours so pretty much 9/12/3/6/9. Have to drink a ton of water or end up getting leg cramps during the night.

As for eating before you sleep that's a learned habit and if you resist doing it long enough you body will adapt and stop expecting it. If you do nothing else try just breaking this habit with your normal diet. I used to do this too. 12-1am go hit the in and out or jack in the box and then go to bed. Was listening to a podcast talk about sumo wrestling and how the bulk and it was, they eat a bunch and then sleep right afterward, and was like fuuuuuck that sounds like what I do.

Also I am in no way suggesting anyone should do a very low calories diet unless it was recommended by a doctor and supervised. The other problem with it is transitioning off to a normal calorie load and if you don't have the skills of watching what you eat you will yo-yo back which can be devastating mentally. Just kind of threw that out there to say you can get used to a lot lower calories.

Log what you eat, watch your portion sizes, macros and be honest with yourself when you do if you starting leaving stuff out you aren't hurting anyone but yourself. It's ok to work up to things too, you don't need to change everything overnight. Build good habits and self control and keep going. We didn't get this way overnight and we aren't going to undo it overnight either. We all going to make it bros.
>>
>>8711498
Stop eating refined food. Eat complex carbohydrates that aren't going to overload your pancreas every 10 minutes. Essentially you'll want to eat less calories while remaining satiated. The easiest way to do this is lower fat intake (9 calories per gram of fat vs 4 for carbs and protein).

It might depend on the individual, but nothing makes me fuller than potatoes, rice, fish, etc..
>>
File: dsc01150.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
dsc01150.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>8712794
>>8718412
This. It's clearly the oil.

Pic related, what ~880 calories of olive oil looks like. If you're using a lot of that dressing the calories are piling up.
>>
File: 56d9f9aee4b09670c6215eb0_cv1.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
56d9f9aee4b09670c6215eb0_cv1.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
Peanuts and raisins are big time calorie bombs.

292 calories in 50g of peanuts
150 calories in 50g of raisins

If you're sitting down wolfing down peanuts on a daily basis, now you know one reason why you're fat.
>>
>>8712108

What is this pseudoscience trash? Your body keeping itself alive burns far more calories than you'll ever burn in regular exercise. You don't fucking die when you sit down, your body is still using energy.
>>
File: unnamed.png (262KB, 679x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
262KB, 679x900px
>>8726175
>your body is still using energy

Your basal metabolic rate, yes.

But unless you're a track runner who trains every fucking day, you're not gonna burn shit just sitting around.

If you don't wanna run, go swimming.
>>
>>8725405
Not that guy, but in my experience, you don't really feel hunger much if you're not used to overeating. Once I went four days on nothing but two or three oreos per day simply because I was constantly on the move and didn't feel like eating. On the fourth day I was tired as fuck, but I still wasn't hungry.
>>
>>8712155
without any context, this post is fucking hilarious
>>
>>8712794
Oil of any kind is a fucking meme. Pour some water into the pan if your food is too dry. You don't need any kind of oil for cooking or dressing. Also, peanuts are filled with calories, cut that shit out too. Find some other form of protein if you really need it, though you're not lifting so I don't see why you would.
>>
>>8726238
This happened to me as well. I ate a can of tuna with mayo and saltines a day when o ran out pf cash. When i finally cracked and asked my mom for help she made me a sandwich that I almost couldnt finish. Granted, it was a big sandwich on a long slice of bread, but I would have eaten two of those in highschool.
>>
>>8712814
Running and swimming. Invest in a cheap treadmill if the weather sucks or you're too embarrassed to run outside or in a gym.
>>
>>8715014
Your metabolism is slow as shit. You need to exercise more so your body can process that shit faster. Even just walking a mile a day will make a world of difference. Also, coffee helps.
>>
File: 3504713673_58b540a4e6.jpg (83KB, 499x449px) Image search: [Google]
3504713673_58b540a4e6.jpg
83KB, 499x449px
I'm 260lb, up from 190lb just 15 months ago so I am kinda new to this obesity thing (190 is a good weight for me, I am a tall and formerly athletic guy with a big frame).

I've started eating rice and beans for dinner four times a week. I use spices to keep it interesting, but the recipe mainly involves some type of bean, tomatoes, lots of mixed veggies (I buy huge bags of frozen vegetables), and rice. The leftovers from these meals are what I normally eat for lunch. I have completely cut out junk/processed food, and when I want a snack I get a piece of fruit.

The next big thing for me will be to get back into a normal exercise routine. I sort of started to get into it last fall but I basically went into hibernation when winter hit.
>>
>>8718705
That's a good weight to be at assuming you're not a complete manlet. If you really want to lose more weight, the best way would be to start lifting. Your weight will be the same but you'll put on muscle and look hot as fuck.
>>
>>8726867
I should also mention that I like to put sauteed mushrooms into my rice and beans.
>>
>>8712804
>>8715887
>>8721460
>>8725464
>>8725562
>>8725574
>>8712748
>I never lost a pound in my life: the post
>>
File: Fit Blacks Myth.png (8KB, 350x230px) Image search: [Google]
Fit Blacks Myth.png
8KB, 350x230px
>>8711498

I'm 6 foot... pushing 300lbs. I've lost 20 pounds last year and my new target is another 30 this year.

I'm in crossfit (not great) and a part of the African American Obesity & Diabetes Awareness group.

The first step is education & awareness, and the most important imo.
>>
File: Black Obesity Epidemic 2.jpg (90KB, 650x175px) Image search: [Google]
Black Obesity Epidemic 2.jpg
90KB, 650x175px
>>8726886

The worst thing I see is the stereotype that all blacks are athletes and are in good health.

Not at all. The vast majority of African Americans suffer from diet caused Obesity, Diabetes, Heart Disease, & Kidney disease.
>>
Just go 500 kcal below your TDEE and let time pass, you fat fucks. It's so easy.
>>
I feel like I've been eating more lately, so tonight I am trying not to eat anymore after dinner. I want to eat a bag of potato chips but I'm not going to, but it's hard.
>>
Me.

Nothing, I just try to not get any fatter. So far so good. I'll bounce up 5 pounds and cut out some shit food, then mosey back to the breaking point with "occasional" snacks becoming more frequent. It's a stable cycle. I was at my fattest in high school, and that's the bar I hold myself to.

This is a week where chips, candy, and banquet frozen pot pies are being consumed as meals. Next week'll be salad and real food... probably.

I've found a human who I live with, has consensual sex like 4 times a month and tolerates me, so I have no motivation to change. I've made them fatter, but they're just normie instead of auchwtiz mode.
>>
>skinnyfat
>annoying pot belly, but otherwise thin
I don't know how anyone could feel okay with being obese, even this much is horrible.

Once I reached 35 I had to start watching what I eat, but it's still tricky after decades of eating what I want and staying thin.
>>
>>8726894
The problem is that most people lie to themselves about how much they eat and drink.
>>
>>8727538
same here, im thin but my thighs are huge and rub together and it makes me feel like a landwhale.
>>
>>8729252
Post a picture. I don't believe you.
>>
>>8715153
I used to eat nothing but oatmeal and two microwave burritos a day and am quite fit. Those cheap burritos (the pack where you get enough to last a week) are low in calories
>>
>>8729684
What did you put in your oats?
>>
>>8711517
>tfw exactly 200 lbs
>>
>>8726884
But these are multiple posts, anon. Anon?
>>
was 225lb, bought a fitbit, been tracking my calories. on a -1000 deficit to give myself room to cheat.

dopped to 206lb in about 3 months.
>>
>>8729925
what do you do with the fitbit?
>>
>>8729936

I wear it, it tracks my heart rate and uses it to tell me roughly how many calories I burn on a daily basis. I plug what I eat into their phone program and it tells me how much I'm allowed to eat.
>>
Went from 112kgs to 89kgs in less than 8 months due to a diet change (no extreme dieting, just no sugary shit, no KFC/McDonalds and went on a plant based diet) + light workouts/jogging 8km five nights a week.

There is no excuse for obesity and being lazy and fat. Just eat real food, no processed shite and lay off the soda.
>>
>>8730716
>says the obese man
>>
>>8711498
I ate 1200 cal / day for 4 months, lost 52 lbs (24Kg). Never worked out because i never had time to / was tired to.
>>
>>8732228
That's not much to work with for a whole day. What sort of things did you eat?
>>
>>8730716
Still pretty damn obese, friend
>>
>>8732256
Mostly : Cereals for breakfast (~200 cal) pasta with red pesto (~600 cal) and french toast with cheeze / meat (~400 cal)
>>
File: sf22.jpg (35KB, 273x654px) Image search: [Google]
sf22.jpg
35KB, 273x654px
>>8711532
5'10 and 155lbs

would likely need to lose 15 lbs or more for this to go away
>>
>>8732228
was it harder to stick to this during the work week or on weekends?

i fund it difficult to stick to anything <1800 cal for an extended period of time
>>
>>8732681
Shit nig I'm slightly shorter and 20 pounds heavier and I don't show it nearly as much as you do, how does that work?
>>
>>8732706
Muscle
>>
>>8732709
Or just a normal variance in body fat distribution.

I don't understand why everyone is so baffled to find out another human is not exactly like them.

Why does he have red hair? HOW DOES THAT SHIT WORK.
>>
>>8732681
absolutely 0 muscle
>>
File: 12355231621.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
12355231621.gif
2MB, 245x180px
>>8711498
All of you fatties in this thread need to look up ketogenic diet. Do your research, grow some backbone and stick to it, you fucking lard whales.
>>
>>8712108
Implying liver failure won't kill him 1st
>>
>>8733089
bro science at its finest.
>>
Used to be at least 130 kg, but probably peaked at 140 kg. Now I'm down to 100 kg. Mainly had smaller portions and a lot less pop and candy.
>>
>>8733141
is candy and soda really that fattening?
>>
>>8733112
>I'm too fucking stupid to comprehend and learn how our bodies work
Enjoy being an amerilard for the rest of your short life. Go on, stuff your fat fucking face with some sugar, as usual.
>>
>>8733338
Watch out guys, this genius has a PhD in bro science!
>>
im 6'4 205 lbs and i feel like a fatass. I used to be 290 lbs and the thing that finally got to me was the fact that i was LITERALLY out of breathe from fucking a girl doggystyle, also i couldnt do ONE pushup. Took 3 years but i got to 200, and now can do like 70 pushups in a row and 10 pullups but the thing is I still feel just as fat and i wish i could get to like 180 but it seems impossible unless i literally starve myself.
>>
I've lost 22 lbs but it's hard work and I'm lazy
>>
>>8732681
the fuck is wrong with you bro, hit the gym
>>
>>8733639
it's not possible to exercise to remove fat from a single part of your body. i looked it up on the internet.
>>
keto is the gayest cult since heavens gate, follow your fucking leader Jesus Atkins and die of heart failure at 300 lbs
>>
>>8733664
You can reshape your body to an extent by building muscle mass in targeted areas. Muscle mass also burns more calories, making overall weight loss quicker because it raises your caloric daily maintenance needs.
>>
>>8734025
Muscle mass burning more calories is yet more bro science. It's not false, but the difference is beyond insignificant.
>>
>>8734066
the main point of why many recommend lifting is not actually weight loss, but losing bf%, which is just as good or better. you gain muscle which adds weight, lose fat which subtracts, so it could be slower but the added muscle makes body fat percentage go down faster
>>
>>8734498
Weight lifting is typically more comfortable and takes less time to achieve the same (fat) weight loss, per session. You are right about the bf% as well.
>>
>>8734498
well id say that many recommend it without knowing that this should be the real reason. a few pounds of muscle added will cause your body fat percentage to go down
this is also a similarity to the flaw of big calorie deficits(more than 1000 calories under maintenance imo) that arent supplemented properly with protein is you lose weight fast but also lose muscle so your body fat percentage doesnt go down as efficiently
>>
>>8711498
Look into whey protein meal replacement shakes and stay busy. If you don't have time to eat then you won't.
>>
>>8729252
If your thighs rub together, then you probably aren't particularly thin.
>>
I quit drinking about a month ago. Was an al/ck/ regular.

Inches are literally melting off.
>>
>>8711498
Request extra vegetables on my pizzas for a while.
>>
>>8711498
i have a bit of a belly now.
BMI just under overweight so I guess its time to start working out
>>
>>8735928
howd you quit? Im finding it difficult even with my shitty schedule
>>
>>8735972

Well, I'm in college (29 years old) so I decided to quit.

I work out to tire myself out. My doc gave me ambien so I could sleep the first couple of weeks. If you have a "shitty schedule" I guess working out is out of the question?
>>
>>8735986
i work 10 to 12 hours six days a week doing web dev.
Its like, when I get home, I just immediately get drunk. I workout on my lunch break but its not enough I don't even know how to mentally get beyond the desire to get drunk after a whole day of self control

So thats what im curious about.
>>
>>8735996

Well, I also have an ulcer. So drinking was starting to be less pleasant.
>>
>>8735998
what do you do in place of drinking
>>
>>8736004

Nothing, really, I just remember how shitty my life got.

Sorry I can't be more help.
>>
>>8736012
its ok.

I know i just need to "do it". Figuring out how to make that easier is my goal
>>
File: Waist to Hip Ratio Chart.png (232KB, 667x2332px) Image search: [Google]
Waist to Hip Ratio Chart.png
232KB, 667x2332px
>>
>>8718449
Hold up.
Federal minimum wage $7.50/hour
Can of cheapest soup < $1
Average rent somewhere under $800/month
Insurance no longer mandatory/you pay for anyways
Low income = get all or most of taxes back in refund

...how can't you afford to eat again? Or do you just not work and are upset your NEETbux don't buy you enough soda?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.