[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with worcestershire sauce, /ck/? I never have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What do you do with worcestershire sauce, /ck/? I never have kept it around so I'm going to pick some up next time I'm at the store, I'd like to do a few dishes to familiarize myself with it
>>
It's a condiment.
You put it on things to make them taste better.

That said, you can put a few dashes in stew or some other savoury shit.
>>
I put it on steak and pork chops. Sometimes I also mix a bit into the ground beef when I make burgers.
>>
add it to baked beans. so good with molasses/bacon beans
>>
>>8710278

Condiment, goes great with breakfast dishes, grilled cheese sandwiches/melts, etc.

It adds a savory taste to stews, rich soups, etc. Also good with beans, jambalaya, gumbo, perlou...

It's excellent for marinades, especially for beef and other red meats. Even if you don't want to do a full-on marinade it's awesome to put a little on a steak before you cook it. Just splash a little on and massage it into the meat shortly before you cook it.

It's also great to add to a hash or a "fry up".
>>
This is like if worstershire had a cuban brother

https://www.amazon.ca/Lizano-Salsa-23-7-Costa-Sauce/dp/B005TBURAI
>>
i use it as a substitute for fish sauce
>>
>>8710278
I started cooking with it just a month or two ago and found that it's a vital component in a lot of savory meat and vegetable dishes favored by Midwesterners and general American foods.

I can't imagine eating Sloppy Joes without adding Worcestershire Sauce. It just won't work.
>>
>>8710278
I use it in shepard's pie and on liver.
>>
>>8710278
I use it in broths and marinades for that extra savory taste.

Also >>8711270
Reminds me that it's an ingredient in an American savory pie my mom used to make. Cheeseburger pie. As the name implies, it's pie that tastes like a cheeseburger. I don't know the recipe off the top of my head, but basically it had ground beef, diced onions, eggs, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pickle relish, and diced tomatoes. The mixture gets put in a pie shell and topped with shredded cheddar cheese, then baked. Absolutely delicious, but very filling.
>>
>>8710278
Easiest dish to out it in is a beef stew. When you're wearing the beef mix Worcestershire sauce with beef stock and deglaze the beef.
>>
>>8710278
Drink it straight from the bottle. You will thank me later.
>>
>>8710278
Australian here. We mostly use it on fried eggs.
>>
>>8711347
>Cheeseburger pie
>>
>>8711720
I wish I was joking.
>>
>>8710278
i love to toss french fries with it along with some herbs. but yeah it's really versatile when it comes to savory foods.
>>
>>8710278
throw it in the trash
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.