[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some vegan recipes to show my carnist friends that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What are some vegan recipes to show my carnist friends that you don't have to eat meat to have a good meal?
>>
>>8709285
Oh yes my dear.
>>
I would just do a roast. Large mushrooms for main and greens, mash/jacket taters, ear corn, with a vegetarian gravy for sides. Lots of butter. Don't meme out just be normal
>>
>>8709327
>butter
>>
Vegan food is shit tier.
>>
I have a few vegetarian friends and one of my go to's is vegan kabobs.

Stoplight peppers, red onions, zuchinni, summer squash, white mushrooms and firm tofu (optional, I don't always bother.

I almost always have house-made, emulsified balsamic vinaigrette ready to go in the fridge as a marinade:

Balsamic vinegar, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, blended oil.
>>
Vegetarian lasagna is pretty good, fuck that vegan shit though, you need real cheese
>>
>>8709284

>vegan tofu dogs
>vegan hamburgers made from oats and cabbage juice, topped with homemade carrot bacon
>vegan pizza with gluten free buckwheat base and homemade vegan cheese made from soy barrel scrapings
>vegan lasagne made from rice squares and carrot shavings
>vegan tacos made with cauliflower tortillas, kale chips and onion bacon bits
>vegan cheese cake made with an oat and raisin base and blended broccoli and banana
>vegan spaghetti bolognese made with rice noodles, textured soy protein and eggplant bacon topped with caramelizes wheat grass shavings

The possibilities are endless, vegan food is so versatile and original, it's basically the most advanced and independent cuisine there can be. I just feel so much better since I started eating vegan and my body immediately adjusted, I have absolutely no cravings of eating meat or animal products of any kind, ever, seriously.
>>
>>8709284
Grill some chicken breasts. Chicken is not meat.
>>
File: 20161.jpg (713KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
20161.jpg
713KB, 1500x1125px
>>8709442
>All recipes that replace the meat with veggies instead of actually making a vegetable recipe
Nigga step up.

>>8709284
Do shit like this peanut, sweet potato and kale soup served with red rice, guaranteed to fill you up.
Or sichuan stirfried vegetables, channa masala, shakshuka, pasta e ceci , butternut squash or wild mushroom risotto with miso, baba ganoush, falafel...
>>
The problem with strict veganism isn't a lack of tasty foods. The problem is that it's a lot harder to hit your micronutrients. You'll have to supplement with vitamin B12 at the very least, then depending on your genetics vitamin A, D and K2 are also essential to supplement. Many essential metals are also not very bioavailable in plant foods.

I think ideally we should eat mostly plants but if you're looking to optimize health you should also include some eggs and dairy if not allergic, and some organ meats at the very least. I also do bone broth twice a week.
>>
>>8709503
>>8709503
>shakshuka
>vegan
Welp, forgot about that.
I'm not even vegetarian/vegan, reducing your meat intake just diversifies your recipe arsenal.
>>
>>8709442
The only problem with this list, which is otherwise fine, is that it offers "vegan substitutes" and not vegan dishes that stand on their own.

It's difficult to entice a meat eater with these because a comparison is immediately drawn to a meat dish they already enjoy.

OP is better off trying to serve something like stir fried wide rice noodle with tempeh rather than "it's just as good as it's meat equivalent dish."
>>
>>8709521
Tempeh IS a meat substitute. You're still in the same hole.

>8709327
>vegan
>don't meme out

Too late for that, buddy.
>>
>>8709566
Tempeh is often used as a substitute but has been around as a source of protein for almost a millennia.

I think it's mostly a western thing that it's viewed as a substitute because of the insipid bullshit high protein vegan sources get used for. Bet your ads the earliest soybean farmers weren't thinking about fucking tofurkey.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.