[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I buy those those small dehydrated shrimp you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

Where can I buy those those small dehydrated shrimp you find in cup noodles?
>>
>>8706176
Most Asian grocery stores sell them. They generally come in one pound bags.
>>
>>8706176
A pet store
>>
You can't. You need to cook some shirmp and dehydrate them yourself.
>>
>>8706176
i see them at the asian supermarkets all the time. specifically the 99 Ranch Market for me but you might not have one of those places where you live.
>>
>>8706183
>>8706447

this. Any asian market will have them.

You can also mail-order them, of course. Amazon has them, as do many other online grocery vendors.
>>
Like others have already said, asian markets.
I always wondered what they were for... I just thought they were some kind of weird snack-food..
Do they re-hydrate well when you put them in soup like this?
>>
>>8706476
Not at all. They still taste like leather. They don't feel hard or crunchy at least but that doesn't enhance the experience all that much.
>>
>>8706176
my blood pressure went up by just looking at your picture
>>
you can buy canned baby shrimps in the tuna isle
>>
>>8706476
I used dried shrimp and scallops to flavor soups and broths. I've seen folk use it in making some rice dishes but even after cooking they are still very chewy and not to my liking.
>>
>>8706476
Usually ground up to make (chili)pastes.
>>
>>8706476

Their main purpose is to make stocks/broth.
I've seen them used in some Thai curry pastes & "chili dip" aka "chili jam" in which case they are pounded with a mortar and pestle along with the other ingredients. I've also seen them added to Kimchi. Chen Kenichi's cookbook (Sichuan Chinese) calls for them to be added to a few different stir fried dishes, including fried rice.
>>
>>8706544
My dad has to wear compression socks and take medication that makes you piss because he eats too much salt
>>
>>8707366
Your dad sounds like a huge faggot.
>>
I've seen these at an Asian store.
>>
>>8707475
Totally the same
>>
Anyone ever try those Mexican fried shrimp snacks? Looks tasty desu
>>
>>8706176
Fish food. Probably comes from the same plant.
>>
>>8706511
Depends, you can get them with the shell still on if you want.

And they do add a seafood flavor to it. Dried shrimp are pretty strong-tasting.
>>
>>8707366
It's not because he's eating too much salt. The docs may want him to reduce his salt intake now that he's got hypertension, but salt intake doesn't create the problem.
>>
>>8708694
I would say this is incorrect. Although hypertension is largely idiopathic and not going to be caused by JUST a high salt intake, it is certainly a contributing factor in producing chronically high blood pressure.

Increased sodium intake leads to an increase in extracellular fluid volume, which leads to an increase in cardiac output and systemic pressure. This is all via osmosis and Starling forces.

t. medical student
>>
>>8708716
Spouting shit off when you're just a medical student makes you look shallow and pedantic.
>>
>>8706176
I actually want to know where to get the dried vegetables to make my own cup noodles
>>
>>8708716
Does dietary salt actually do that
>>
>>8708716
Hey why not mention the poison that is in the wheat causing literally everyone hypertension on a daily basis?
>>
>>8706421

1. Cook Shrimp
2. Dehydrate Shrimp
3. Rehydrate Shrimp
4. Eat rehydrated shrimp.
5. Dehydrate leftovers.
ad infinitum
>>
>>8706183
How many fit in a pound? It's gotta be like a million right? They weigh less than an ant.
>>
>>8708942
aww, our little autismo likes family guy insults
>>
>>8706189
I came here to post this.

Is there any reason I shouldn't eat birdseed?
>>
>>8709797

I'd be concerned that it might be contaminated with something that makes it not fit for human consumption.
>>
>>8708942
This tbqhwy. There's always gotta be that one guy to come in and show off by repeating something he just read last week in his textbook. Saying you're a med student as if that is your cited source means jack shit on this site.
>>
>>8709802
If it's healthy for birds (who need extra nutrition to make up for what they lack getting in nature) then I'm sure it's fine for people.
>>
>>8709797
I used to eat the sunflower seeds out of the birdseed when I was a kid
>>
>>8709826
The stuff for outdoor feeders doesn't need to be good for birds, just attract them. Even if it has residues of pesticides prohibited for human food, that halves their lives, no one would notice. But some stuff humans can tolerate every day, like ammonia glass cleaner, or teflon cookware, will make a bird drop dead, so idk.
>>
>>8709826

>>healthy for birds
Why are you making this assumption? It's being sold to people who want to feed birds, not as a medically approved and tested dietary supplement.

Consider this example:
>Boss, I spilled some cleaner in the sesame seeds
Fuck you Carl, we can't sell that now.
>Want me to throw it out boss?
No, you idiot. That would be wasting money. Go sell it to the birdseed company.

...it's no different than how pet food companies buy up all the unsold rotten fish from the fish market at the end of the day (Source: Me, who has actually worked at Fulton St.)
>>
>>8709846
Why would bird enthusiasts want to buy food that is bad for the birds though?
>>
>>8709858
It really doesn't affect the number of birds at the feeder.

I don't feed wild animals, because I believe their lives to be net negative experiences, so increasing their food supply without any checks on reproduction only increases net suffering.
>>
>traveling with bf
>get some millet (from a grocery store this time) to cook at hostel
>he likes to feed pigeons
>puts millet in a bottle to carry around
>looks like a bomb on xray
>stopped at every checkpoint
>>
>>8709858
They wouldn't want to. They would be unaware.

Also don't underestimate people's stupidity and willingness to force their personal ideas where they don't belong. A great example is the idea of "vegan cat food" when cats are obligate carnivores.
>>
>>8709883
>traveling
>hostel

College dropout backpacking over Europe?
>>
>>8709876
Most people don't think about their own pets enough to walk to the kitchen to fill their dish water that isn't salt softened.
>>
>>8709885
That stuff is made with synthetic amino acids, so it has everything they need.
>>
>>8709894
>salt softened water

wat
>>
>>8709917

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_softening#Ion-exchange_resin_devices
>>
>>8709911

Some of it is. Some of it is stupid cat ladies cooking up all kinds of crap on their stove at home because they love their precious little snookums.
>>
File: carcomydrates.gif (172KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
carcomydrates.gif
172KB, 500x281px
More related to OP's question, can you buy those bits of styrofoam meat that they have in the beef flavors?

>>8708942
>>8709811
And some anon spreading disinfo is stupid and dangerous. I have class/labs from 8 AM to 5 PM and spend my nights studying. I am by no means a doctor as of yet, but I am generally much more informed on health issues than the average layperson. I was being nice, but thanks for outing yourselves as ignorant cunts.

>>8709146
Yes. It aint gonna kill you every once in a while, but high blood pressure spikes from consistently high sodium intake may damage sensitive vessels (like those found in the kidney) which can lead to more problems down the road. Unfortunately, the average Western diet is loaded with sodium so hypertension is a rampant problem that has very scary long term effects.

>>8709795
I knew I heard that from somewhere. Thanks for reminding me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yetwdpsiM8Q

>>8709149
It's wheat, fructose and sucrose. Fructose is killing the world. We made a grave error decades ago by crucifying fat instead of carbohydrates and sugar. Now we're paying the costs because people are content with eating what are essentially handfuls of sugar as long as a label says "No Fat!"

The current understanding is that our bodies are more looking for nutritional intake as opposed to caloric intake. That's why it's so easy to turn away fruits and vegetables compared to another bag of chips. Wheat and sugar are largely poor in nutrients and thus very unlikely to cause satiety barring eating too much. It's why you can eat that bag of chips and be full, but still want more.

It's estimated that by 2020, around 80% of Americans will be overweight and almost 50% will be obese. This generation of kids will likely be the first to be outlived by their parents.

Pic related.
>>
>>8709956
There's being informative, and then there's needlessly announcing you're a med student and flaunting what a hotshot you are in everyone's faces.
>>
>>8710366

Why do you see making a simple statement that establishes basic credibility as "flaunting being a hotshot"?

Do you think that when someone mentions their SO that they're doing that on purpose to fuck with single people?
>>
>>8710390
Yeah, im a faggot afterall.
>>
>>8709149
>why not mention the poison that is in the wheat
Genuinely curious, what poison are you talking about?
>>
>>8709894
What's wrong with drinking water from a salt water softener?
>>
>>8706176
At the bate shop
>>
File: 1353293510900.gif (3MB, 179x223px) Image search: [Google]
1353293510900.gif
3MB, 179x223px
>>8710366
Would you have preferred I said "This faggot is wrong" without giving a counterpoint and establishing a modicum of credibility? If this is how you react to anyone pursuing a goal, I recommend you sort yourself out friendo.
>>
>>8710541
>bate shop

I know you meant bait, but your idea is not far fetched. I was fishing one time and after a ranger checked my license, he said he had just come across a group of Asians seigning minnows with a net, stir frying them and eating them whole. This was a typical midwest muddy reservoir, btw.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.