[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got some good offal recipes? Pies? Meatloafs? Stews? Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: WBEEFHEART-2.jpg (148KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
WBEEFHEART-2.jpg
148KB, 500x375px
Anyone got some good offal recipes? Pies? Meatloafs? Stews? Anything like that with just a few ingredients
>>
File: IMG_4426.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4426.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I once made beef bourgiungnon using beef heart. Biggest issue I had was trimming out the fat and silverskin. Otherwise it came out pretty well, albeit the meat wasn't as soft as I thought it would be.
>>
I have a black bear heart in my freezer.

Is this going to be on the same level as deer/beef/chicken hearts or should I approach it differently?
>>
>>8705637
I like heart sliced thinly, marinaded in soy, garlic, lime juice and honey then grilled quickly over direct heat. Skewer them for a nice presentation.
>>
>>8705671

The silverskin you do need to cut out. The fat isn't a big deal because it will melt out and you can skim it off the top of the stew while it cooks.

As for the softness/texture, that's a matter of cooking time. If it's not as tender as you like then cook longer.
>>
>>8705741
Yeah, I left it in the oven for about 3.5 hours at 350F. I probably could have left it in an hour longer to make the heart softer.
>>
Is it called Offal because it's fucking awful?

chinks.
>>
>>8706173

offal (n.)
late 14c., perhaps a translation of Middle Dutch afval. "waste parts, refuse," from off + fall (v.); the notion being that which "falls off" the butcher's block;

In other words, yes.
>>
>>8706181
Like any other cut of meat, offal can be awful if prepared poorly, but it can be excellent if done properly. That is, unless you have the mental capacity of a 4 year old child who thinks, "ewwww, gross! I'm not eating that - it was inside an animal!"
>>
>>8706258
>Like any other cut of meat

The difference is that any moron can make a nice steak tasty, whereas it usually takes a lot more effort and/or skill to make organ meats tasty.

I'm not knocking offal, BTW. I love it. I'm just stating the obvious regarding preparation.
>>
>>8706307
Sure, you have to research it and experiment, but good information is widely available.
>>
File: file.png (582KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
582KB, 640x480px
>>8705637
boiled pig heart

+one pig heart
+ cold water

cut the heart in haft first. Boiled it.

sliced them into thin peices, serve with white rice, soy sauce or Vietnamese fish sauce
>>
>>8706258
Why don't you just shut the fuck up with your marginalized opinions and leave /ck/?

We've told you to shut up thousands of times today you autistic methhead.
>>
>>8706798
Wtf?
>>
country pate
I don't have a recipe though
>>
>>8706798
Autism in the wild
>>
>>8706798

But that's not a marginalized opinion. It's fucking fact.
>>
>>8705637
Look up the recipe for liver mush of you like the taste of liver. It goes well as a breakfast meat.
>>
File: IMG_2539.jpg (269KB, 1215x1553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2539.jpg
269KB, 1215x1553px
I shot this deer and pan seared the heart in a little duck fat. Was amazing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.