[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think of the George Foreman Lean, Mean, Fat Reducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What does /ck/ think of the George Foreman Lean, Mean, Fat Reducing Grilling Machine?

Do you have one? Do you use it? Are you knocking out the fat?
>>
I grew up eating hamburgers cooked on these things. I always fucking HATED homemade hamburgers for this reason. Dry, crumbly, no fucking flavor. As soon as I was a teenager I went out and got fast food burgers and blew lots of money on eating out. Then I learned that oh, they don't put a giant weight on the burgers, squeezing out the fat, like my overweight father did when cooking in this piece of trash. It's literally just good as a sandwhich press and convenient for cooking some vegetables. If you cook meat in this thing you might actually be retarded
>>
>>8700588
time machine?
>>
>>8700598
You're right but that'll cost you two cubic feet of cupboard space my friend.
>>
>>8700599
Open your cupboards and you too might find one of these time machines hidden inside covered in 20 year old grease.
>>
George Foreman has 6 or 7 sons named George. Im ashamed to have added to his wealth
>>
>>8700588
I use it pretty much exclusively as a multipurpose toaster; for grilled cheese, paninis and freshening up old breadrolls
>>
Why does everyone that uses these things never clean them after use? I can fucking smell the burnt grease for days. They never clean it until they use the worthless piece of shit again
>>
>>8700588
It's great for French toast or eggs

Burgers not so much
>>
STOP

JUST PUT GREASE PROOF PAPER BETWEEN THE HEATING BIT AND THE FOOD

FOR FUCKS SAKE

WHY EVEN CLEAN IT?
>>
>>8700588
i use it for porkchops. for some reason we had 3 of them and i just sold one to a buddy for 5 bucks
>>
it is alright for boneless and lean cuts, if you want chicken breasts and don't want to babysit this is fine.
>>
>>8700588
I like shitty frozen salmon on it.

But if I'm buying fresh I won't use it.

Good for paninis though.
>>
I, too, enjoy my food being cooked between two clothes irons.
>>
>>8700588
I've owned them in the past.
The closed lid steams the food undesirably for say chicken breasts, but can also cook it quite a bit quicker if you at least marinate and season it well. Not a bad thing in a RV or in summer when you don't want to heat up a kitchen oven, or use a lot of gas on a burner outside. You can cook a few veggies next to your meat like on a grill.

Quicker cleanup idea is to dampen and wring out a few paper towels and throw them on the grill when you remove your food. Close the lid to steam all the baked bits off, unplug, and simply wipe clean when it's cooled and you're doing your other cleanup in the kitchen. I think they are a greasy mess for burgers, pork and other meat, but not so bad for veggies, where the steaming of some slabs of squash, onions, peppers can actually make a nice final product that has flavor and is crisp tender.

Would I buy again in a full kitchen? Not likely. It could be used as a poor man's panini press if you foil wrap some sandwiches (cubans). These things are often $5 at goodwill.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.