[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /ck/ had MREs? What did you think of them compared to something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: nice.jpg (534KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
534KB, 1280x960px
Has /ck/ had MREs?
What did you think of them compared to something like fast food?
>>
>>8697280

Do not try and subsist off of the for more than a day or so at a time. Very difficult to digest.
>>
>>8697280

I've had a fuckload of them. When I was in University I was involved with several research projects regarding MREs and we had several pallet-loads of them. Not all of them were needed for research so there were plenty left over.

They're certainly more nutritious than fast food. The Gov't goes to great lengths to make sure that each one is a balanced diet and contains all the macros/micros that one could need. Many of the items inside are fortified with added vitamins and minerals.

As for taste? Yeah, pretty close to fast food. Not great, but edible. They're certainly not going to win any culinary awards, but then again neither is McDonalds or Taco Bell.
>>
>>8697289
>each one is a balanced diet

Nah, dawg. They're pretty high in fat and low in fiber. Not a winning combination if you're trying to stay regular.
>>
>>8697280
I fucking hate these things but when you gotta eat, you gotta eat.
>>
i had some for fun when i was a teenager.

was pretty good, i'm not super picky and i like sciencey stuff
>>
>>8697280
It's nothing like fast food. You cool by steam and you can taste the plastic in the food. Also if you'd like to try an mre I would absolutely not recommend the vegetarian ones
>>
>>8697376
I didn't really taste any plastic when I had one, what supplier were you using? Or was it genuine military?
>>
>mfw I now always say "nice hiss" when opening a can of beer

FUCK YOU
>>
>>8697280
Eat too many in a row and you'll be shitting a solid brick
>>
>>8697280
They gave us these during BEAST week at BMT.

I dunno how to explain them, I just know the Beef Stew MRE was the shit.
>>
File: nice.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>8697460
>Not enjoying a nice hiss
>>
>>8697313
They are a balanced diet for ~8000kcal/day expenditure. If you're sitting on your ass all day, they will get you fat presto.
>>
>>8697376
>You cook by steam
Just like White Castle!

>>you can taste the plastic in the food
Like any fast food.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.