[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /ck/ I can't cook. At all. What are some comprehensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1471964021367.png (936KB, 759x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471964021367.png
936KB, 759x1080px
Ok /ck/ I can't cook. At all.

What are some comprehensive beginner's guides out there to learning how to cook basic American food?
>>
>american food

just go to mcdonalds nigga
>>
Buy a cookbook and start from there.
>>
>>8688575
Pan, hot.
Pat of salted butter.
Coat the pan.
That smell as it bubbles and browns.
Lovely.
Crack two to four eggs into the skillet, depending on your appetite.
Pop the yolks with your spatula.
Soft yolks come later.
Once the whites are firm, flip your eggs, cutting them apart if they ran together.
Heat off.
Let the heat remaining in the pan finish cooking the eggs as you season them.
Large pinch of salt.
Black pepper.
Fresh herbs in season.
Lovely.
Plate and enjoy.
>>
>>8688575
start with your fats (oils and shit), then aromatics (garlic, onions, ginger), then herbs (could start with the Mediterranean ones like thyme, oregano, shit like that), then the objective product (meat or veggies, or both). mix and match and find what works for you. their's different cooking strategies but that's something you can develop yourself.

>what materials do you have? (i.e. fry pans, sauce pans, cooking materials, etc)
>what do you want?
>>
Chicken: pick a maranade, any marinade (my favorite is Italian dressing) wait a day (or just season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder if you can't wait), sear one side in a oven-safe pan, flip over and put in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes

Root vegetables and cauliflower: roast at 425 for around 30 minutes

squash: little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and saute in a pan until clear

anything else: get ziploc steamer bags, follow instructions on the side
>>
>>8688575
>American Food
You didn't learn how to cook yet and you already failed
>>
>>8688575
I'm not a footfag but those are some nice feet
>>
>>8688575
Experience is the best teacher. Make a list of a couple basic dishes you really enjoy, and make an effort to cook them a couple times every week.

While not really a tutorial by any means, I'd recommend binge watching Good Eats or other basic cooking shows just to see others cook
>>
>>8688575
Read the sticky.
>>
>>8688598
>intentionally pop yolks
why?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.