[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep hearing about this thing, can anyone explain what it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: instant-pot[1].jpg (182KB, 1500x1492px) Image search: [Google]
instant-pot[1].jpg
182KB, 1500x1492px
I keep hearing about this thing, can anyone explain what it is exactly? I'm having a hard time seeing it as anything other than some trendy pressure cooker.
>>
>>8688037
it's a meme. infomercial tier useless gadget
>>
>>8688037
it's a "fancy" programmable pressure cooker. it can serve as both a pressure cooker and rice cooker.

It also has a bunch of preset functions for certain foods so that if you're too dumb or lazy to keep an eye on it, it will turn itself off after the food is done.

the appeal is that it does more than a regular pressure cooker for about the same price. It's really useful for making stock and it can replace both a slow cooker and rice cooker.
>>
>>8688037
I don't know whether I would buy that particular product, but an idiot proof pressure cooker that could be a rice cooker and everything in between sounds pretty fucking good.
>>
File: stoplikingit.jpg (120KB, 582x625px) Image search: [Google]
stoplikingit.jpg
120KB, 582x625px
>>8688044
>infomercial tier useless gadget

it might have become a meme, but it's still useful. It can replace at least two devices commonly found in home kitchens (slow cooker and rice cooker) while giving additional functionality (pressure cooking). That's the opposite of useless, you autistic cuck.
>>
>>8688065
>he bought some infomercial shit and has to emotionally defend it like a little bitch
kekekekek
>>
>>8688065
>It can replace at least two devices commonly found in home kitchens (slow cooker and rice cooker) while giving additional functionality (pressure cooking).
True, but if its quality is marginal it's like the Wolfgang Puck immersion blender that could also be a bad food processor and a couple other things. The idea is great, but it's only worth considering if it's well executed.
>>
File: theautacity.jpg (108KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
theautacity.jpg
108KB, 640x960px
>>8688075
it is well executed. it cooks rice well and it makes slow cookers obsolete by giving the option to cook at low or high pressure. it even turns itself off if when the food is done.

the only reason people (especially on this board) hate on it is because it's become popular. It's a really simple device: a pot with a lid that holds pressure. That simple design is what makes it so effective. The manufacturer added some electronics (and a safety mechanism) to make it idiot proof, and BLAMMO! it became popular with normies. And of course, anything that's popular with normies isn't allowed on the 'chans...
>>
>>8688110
the guy in this pic should have realized that outer strength complements inner strength.
>>
File: 10percent.jpg (61KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
10percent.jpg
61KB, 480x458px
>>8688119
>the guy in this pic should

and you should go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 20170301_143619.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_143619.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Got the wife one, she uses it almost t days a week to make dinner, sauces, rice, yogurt, etc. Pretty neat little machine
>>
>>8688110
>and it makes slow cookers obsolete
That's a pretty low bar. But if it does everything else it claims without fucking up that's pretty cool.
>>
>>8688125
Is this you? I like your antlers

>>8688132
cool
>>
can you make tendies with it? what kind of safety features does it have to keep it from exploding?
>>
>>8688125
got anymore awkward katana holder pics?
>>
It can't even get to 15 PSI (no electric pressure cooker can) which eliminates half the reason to own a pressure cooker to begin with.

Its basically a meme slow cooker
>>
>>8688065
How is it for bomb making?
>>
>>8688110
>inner strenght
>get rekt by the real life equivalent of the mountain of got using just a baseball bat
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.