[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southern food apreciation thread. Not the fanciest cuisine, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 20161206_124527.jpg (2MB, 2075x2988px)
20161206_124527.jpg
2MB, 2075x2988px
Southern food apreciation thread. Not the fanciest cuisine, but one of the most underrated for sure
>>
do citizens of the united states truthfully consume this?
>>
>>8685363
That looks like shit tier cafeteria food but nothing inherently wrong with it. Fried okra, shit chopped collards, a bun? (instead of cornbread I guess), and chicken, peppers, and onions.

What's wrong with that food?
>>
File: s-l200.jpg (17KB, 200x198px)
s-l200.jpg
17KB, 200x198px
>>8685363
Yeah, we have the freedom to do whatever the fuck we want
>>
>>8685380
Its from a good ol southern small town family diner. Theres restaurants with more "upscale" southern cooking, but this is real dixie food imo
>>
>>8685380
The concept of those foods is fine. It's this particular example that looks like shit, like you mentioned--it looks like shit tier cafeteria slop.

The okra looks like the kind that comes pre-breaded and frozen. The chicken has very little color on it and it looks overcooked. The onions are some kind of odd halfway between being sweated and sauteed. Pick one or the other. The green pepper is overcooked, which you can tell by the dark green color. The bun? WTF. That ought to be cornbread for sure.
>>
>>8685395
>looks like shit
Southern diners dont typically concern themselves with presentation. All this food is made fresh and delicious. Also cornbread isnt really that big in my region of the south
>>
>>8685246
I'm a southerner and what you just posted is some shit-tier southern food. I bet you live in Virginia
>>
>>8685415
Then you probably don't live in the south yankee faggot
>>
>>8685415
>Southern diners dont typically concern themselves with presentation.

Your reading comprehension needs work. I wasn't discussing presentation or plating, I was discussing how the food was cooked.

>> All this food is made fresh and delicious
Perhaps it was. But it could have been soooo much better.
>>
>>8685415
>fresh and declicous

Looks like the sort of thing sitting in vats under a heat lamp you see in most "good ol southern" diners 2bh.

Also even if you don't like cornbread (which is bullshit cornbread is GOAT), get some proper bread, not a bun. Texas toast would be an acceptable alternative, or obviously a buttermilk biscuit.

I mean, I'd eat it sure, but come on.
>>
>>8685458
For the record the inside is toasted and has garlic butter brushed on
>>
>>8685246
holy shit op, delete this thread.

T. Tennesseean
>>
>>8685246
Bama reporting in senpai keep them coming at work atm I love southern food
>>
File: image.png (171KB, 1200x1200px)
image.png
171KB, 1200x1200px
>>8685246
>>
>>8685363
Most of the southern US is like a 3rd world country
>>
File: soul food.jpg (13KB, 259x194px)
soul food.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
Southern food is sugoi just pass the ice tea and i am mighty mighty mighty fine! if i do declare
>>
>>8685983
Southern small towns are really not bad at all outside of appalachia. Now the poor areas of southern cities are pretty damn rough for sure
>>
>>8685363
southern food is fucking delicious, this is just some really poorly prepped shit OP posted.
onion and peppers, overcooked. Greens looked canned and too wet. Okra looks like it was fried wrong, high oil retention. Chicken also obviously overcooked. It is shit tier.
And the hamburger bun would be enough for me to have a mind of never returning to that diner. Like holy fuck how ignorant can someone be to serve buttered hamburger buns in place of an actual bread accompaniment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.