[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 1kg of flour, milk and a bag of potato chips. No oil,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: flour_02.jpg (255KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
flour_02.jpg
255KB, 1200x798px
I have 1kg of flour, milk and a bag of potato chips. No oil, no yeast, and no eggs. I have access to an oven and a frying pan.

What food item can I prepare with this? If I mix the flour with water and bake it with no yeast will I still get something edible?
>>
Flour and water will get you hard tack. Keeps forever but you can hammer nails with the stuff. Worth trying out if you want I guess.
>>
>>8682627
It should be pointed out that you need to cook it to make sure it's dry the whole way through.

I.e. you're going to want to roll it out/stab it with a fork for airflow/heat
>>
>>8682602
Take a photo of your cupboard and fridge, then come back.
>>
>>8682602
Agoraphobe's porridge:

Boil milk, sift in flour little by little, stirring constantly. Once it's as thick as yoghurt, stop adding and cook for 5 minutes. It tastes like shit without salt, sugar or fruit, but you're a shitty person with shitty tastebuds, so you'll definitely enjoy it.
>>
>>8682647
I also have salt, pepper and various spices
>>
>>8682667
Make bannock

If you have cooking oil you can also make a much more tasty fried bread
>>
>>8682680
You can also make pasta, though adding an egg would be much better
>>
>>8682667
>various spices
Nigger, this thread will be interesting once you give anon something to work with. Go take a photo of your cupboard.
>>
>>8682706
cinnamon, ginger and curry
>>
>>8682716
and vinegar, baking soda, horseradish, beer and some tea. there i listed everything
>>
>>8682716
POOINLOO!
>>
>>8682721
No sugar?
>>
>>8682602
>Make dough with the flour and water, add some spices of your choosing.
>Knead fuck out of
>Roll thin as fuck
>Fry in dry pan at max temp
>Turn occasionally
>Ready when it puffs up and burns slightly
>Congrats you've just made Chapatti/tortilla/flat bread crap

Bonus points if you have a gas hob to throw bead on to really char it up.
>>
>>8682716
>>8682726
This
>>
>>8682721
Beer bread!

1 part beer to 2 parts flour, teaspoon of baking powder. Salt to taste. Make quick bread, serve with horserasish and ginger spread.
>>
>>8682726
neat, will try this
>>
>>8682627
It helps if you have some salt to add to it as well.
>>
>>8682602
Make you own yeast with a bit of flour and water. It takes a few days but you'll have your very own sourdough starter and it works better than commercial yeast.
>>
>>8682627
Add a fair amount of salt, thyme, rosemary, or possibly sage. Thyme and rosemary actually have an antiseptic effect and wont decrease the age by any noticeable amount but do make it a lot nicer.

Alternatively, make simple flat bread
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.