[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I'm just gonna shed some light on cooking at high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey /ck/
I'm just gonna shed some light on cooking at high class restaurants through the eyes of my parents

>parents met and both graduated from CIA
>both worked as chefs and eventually made it to Le Bernardin
>3 Michelin stars, prix fixe menus, expensive as fuck caviar, you name it
>Éric Ripert is head chef
>dad is sous chef, has key to caviar safe
>mom is right under sous chef
>both have served VIPs like Mick Jagger and Bill Gates
>hard reality to this job
>hours sucked dick
>went home to a shitty apartment where you could reach the refrigerator from the bed
>the sous chef made enough to live with some niceties
>line cooks made enough to live
>head chef was the only guy who made more than $100k
>in this restaurant, it was millions for Éric, less than $100k for my parents (this is NYC, 100k isn't much)
>both eventually quit and move to the suburban town of anon
>start their own business that manufactures goods to be catered
>started in a corner store
>now has a two floored facility
>mostly all employees are illegal immigrants
>made more money than they ever would being nobody's than if they stayed in Le Bernardin
>pic related
tl;dr don't become a restaurant cook in the city
>>
>>8678843
>>parents met and both graduated from CIA
you're a big guy
>>
>>8678843
>mostly all employees are illegal immigrants
People like your parents are the only reason that illegal immigration is an issue. If dishonest bourgeois fucks would stop exploiting Mexicans for cheap labor, then they'd stop coming here. Fuck you and your parents.
>>
>>8678860
But you tendie eating slobs aren't good for anything but memes.
>>
>>8678860
If it were me, deport em.
>>
>>8678873
There are plenty of Americans that want to work, but then your cunt parents would have to pay them a living wage because they're US citizens.
>>
>>8678886
Who cares? Theres tons of shit workers out there looking to work in a shit job that if fired will just go back to mom and dad while collecting unemployment.
>>
File: foryou.gif (896KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
foryou.gif
896KB, 500x382px
>>8678856
For you.
>>
>>8678903
>who cares?
People who want to live in a country where the citizens have jobs.
>>
Just a little disclaimer for the illegal immigrant part: the food they make is mostly Hispanic. The people who work there know most of the recipies already because they're classic Hispanic recipies.
>>
>>8678886
Fuck off Commie.

Real talk, what to head chefs actually do?
>>
>>8678944
This is OP
From what my parents taught me, the head chef is the public icon. The sous chefs don't cook very often, but watch over the line cooks. The head chef is in charge of the entire kitchen, and he tells the sous chefs what to do. Most of the time at famous restaurants, the head chef is famous and has multiple restaurants so he usually isn't at one place for very long.
>>
>>8678931
just a little disclaimer: Legal spics make hispanic food also
>>
>>8678931
That's no excuse.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.