[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy a half turkey breast >do some courtesy googling for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: o (22).jpg (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o (22).jpg
142KB, 1000x1000px
>buy a half turkey breast
>do some courtesy googling for expected oven times
>find out that the pop-up pin initiates at like ~180 internal temp

Why do they even put them in there? I ended up using my own metal thermometer, but it seems pretty shitty to make a system where people take it out when it's overdone.

Also, explains a lot why my mom always made dry turkey.
>>
so they don't get sued
>>
because americans are retarded babies that can't handle finding a bay leaf in their food
>>
>>8674324
>explains why my mom always made dry turkey
No, it explains that your mother cooked a whole turkey and you are missing some experience and knowledge.

Parts of the turkey are done at different temps, dark and white, and the underneath vs the top of the bird, especially if you aren't using a quality lidded and covered roaster (I do, but does everyone? no). When you cook a turkey whole, you will likely overcook the breast by 10F to make sure the whole entire thing is done at the same time while the dark meat catches up. The popup timer is a courtesy for those without thermometers handy. And, contrary to what you read, it doesn't pop up at exactly at 180, but somewhere random from 165-180, like not a real science at all where some thing inside finally melts and gives up the spring, and that is the range for all the various meats, so like you already know, use your own if it matters to you.
>>
What the fuck is a pop up pin?
>>
>>8675588
It is this thing that is made of plastic or something they stick into raw birds I think US only but not sure, when the meat reaches "around" doneness, it pops up to let you know. It isn't an exact science and should just be used as a general idea.
>>
>>8674324
>pop-up pin
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>8675593
>putting plastic in my meat that's going in the oven
What the fucking fuck?
>>
>>8675604
It comes installed from the factory they make the turkeys at. You can take it out if you don't want to use it. I've also seen it in some chickens too.
>>
>>8675636
Never seen one in my life; I guess people here at least have some idea how to cook.
>>
>>8674324

A thermo probe with remote or wire that can sit outside of an oven is the most important kitchen gadget to have in a modern kitchen other than a chefs knife and a pot.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.