[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fucking oven heats way too much and just burned my fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170311-WA0015.jpg (599KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170311-WA0015.jpg
599KB, 1456x2592px
My fucking oven heats way too much and just burned my fucking dinner
How do I deal with a shitty oven?
>>
>>8673836
turn it down a bit
>>
get a new oven
>>
>>8673839
i did, i was suppossed to bake for medium and then after half an hour turn it to low
problem is even tho i turned to low it still heated on medium
is this fixable?
>>
Check it occasionally and take it out before it burns. Holy shit it's not rocket surgery.
>>
>>8673852
Try getting a rack thermometer. The kind that either sit on or hang from the oven rack. Then you'll know what you're working with, at least.

Or buy a whole new oven. I don't really care.
>>
>>8673836
put it on the top rack as close to the door as possible so its farther away from the flame maybe? perhaps its lettin out too much and gets hotter towards the back/bottom
>>
>>8673836
scold it. that'll show who's b0ss
>>
Temperamental ovens are infuriating, I had one for years.

Check on it frequently; don't leave it alone
>>
>>8673836
Keep a better eye on it.
>>
>>8673852
>bake for medium
most recipes call for actual temperatures. And most ovens let you set the proper temp. And you can usually change the offset if you know it's particularly high/low
>>
>>8674301
>Try getting a rack thermometer. The kind that either sit on or hang from the oven rack. Then you'll know what you're working with, at least.
This, figure out if it's simply 50F hotter, or just keeps going like broil is on. If it's just a few degrees off, then you can adjust your dial. If it's worse than that, it might need a new thermostat, or an element or something. A simple part dude.
When you think it tops $350 in repair visit/part, then you debate a new oven instead. If you are a renter, they should pay of course. It's a vital part of a rental. If you own, and you're broke, maybe just broil with your oven, and forget the baking, or maybe you could instead more easily afford a convection oven/microwave, or a simple toaster oven.

So, it all starts with a simple rack thermometer. It goes without saying you shouldn't leave your food unattended, if you're having issues, and maybe make sure you have a fire extinguisher closeby.
>>
>>8673843
He's obviously too poor to afford a camera made more recently than 1995 so I doubt he can afford a new oven
>>
>>8673852
Replace the thermocouple in it. It's what the oven uses to see if it needs to warm up or cool down. You can try cleaning it first because it may be covered in baked on residues and stuff. Check your manual or online to see where it's at in your oven if you can't find it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.