[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought baby spinach for the first time. About 70% of the leaves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: babyspinach.jpg (363KB, 650x412px) Image search: [Google]
babyspinach.jpg
363KB, 650x412px
Bought baby spinach for the first time.
About 70% of the leaves felt like rubber.
Why did they feel like rubber?
>>
>>8666680
>he fell for the rubber spinach
Oldest trick in the book.
>>
"feels like rubber" is something one would only use to describe thicc tropical plants with smooth, sproingy leaves

I guess you've got nerve damage?
Can't think of any other explanation
>>
>>8666680
I honestly don't know. Maybe blanche it to make it more palatable?

i don't think I've ever had rubbery baby spinach.
>>
Check to see if it's from China.
>>
>>8666729
>>8666730
>>8666731
really?
there's like the crisp leaves, and then there are the sort of stretchier ones
you guys never get those?
>>
>>8666720
lol
>>
>>8666784
I get good crisp leaves throughout and then then I get soggy wilted leaves that dissolve into goop because spinach packaging is always shit and I can't be arsed to repackage.
>>
>>8666834
ok, but i'm not talking about soggy and wilted tho, i'm talking about stretchy
and i'm not talking what's left behind i'm talking like 50% of the package
>>
>>8666865
That is abnormal in the extreme.
>>
>>8666680
You're overcooking them probably.
>>
>>8666784
There's a kind of weed that grows in with spinach that I guess you could describe as rubbery in texture (in your hands, not your mouth). It's fine to eat. Leaves aren't shaped like spinach leaves though.
>>
Buy frozen spinach. Much better value and in real life works out to be much more "fresh" than the shit you buy in bags.
>>
>>8666882
:(

>>8667221
i'm not cooking them
i'm eating them raw

>>8668057
no i'm talking about spinach leaves
i've never come across these weeds

>>8668111
i like to eat it raw tho, not cooked
>>
I think you're just... experiencing baby spinach.
>>
>>8669787
so...
it's supposed to be like that?
no one else itt seems to think so
>>
File: purslane[1].jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
purslane[1].jpg
35KB, 500x333px
For me it's purslane
>>
>>8669891
never heard of it bud
>>
>>8666680

Eat them and fuck off you whiny tub of shit.
>>
>>8671423
how about i eat your mum and fuck in a tub of wine instead
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.